Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OP-1 Is Back! (And WAY More Expensive!)

Teenage Engineering posted on Twitter today as a "valentine" (!) that the OP-1 is back in production. And now it costs $1400.
What in the actual fƩ*!

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/02/teenage-engineering-op-1-synthesizer-is-back-with-a-50-price-rise.html

Comments

• Flipping heck, should have hung on to mine...

• I love their stuff but at that price point I’m happy with just owning all of their operators.

• I feel sorry for their attitude.

• I'll hold out for the Behringer clone.

• Hmm 1400 dollars for an OP-1 or AKAI Force? Force wins.....LOL!

• edited February 2019

@oldschoolwillie said:
    Hmm 1400 dollars for an OP-1 or AKAI Force? Force wins.....LOL!

Not to mention, that with a current 15% @ Guitar Center, you can get the Force for $1279 or so :neutral: (need to sign up to receive mailers from them for the offer).

• The messed up with the new modular modules aswell having to refund everyone who’s ordered due to a fault with the keyboard module that affects the whole system. They are giving these that have preordered either a refund or 10% off any other TE item! So probably trying to make the money up elsewhere!

• edited February 2019

Why?! Thats ridiculous!

Mpclive is cheaper and beyond better

Force is only 100 more bucks and way better

I think this is a silly price for a music almost toy, albiet a fun one, but still very limited feature set and synth depth

• I've never understood TE in terms of why I would spend money on them. There's so much more for the price (outside their little pocket synths for chiptunes). I guess because they're "fashion synths"?

• The ultimate irony is they initially announced discontinuing manufacturing the OP-1, leading used prices to skyrocket from 800-900 to 1200-1400, and they came out and said there’s no reason to pay those exorbitant prices, and that the OP-1 would soon return. A few months later, they return...at those exorbitant prices. So yeah, fuck those guys.

• Anything i want to do with the op1 i can do better with the opz. Current price is crazy but not considering the 2nd hand prices. I sold mine for 1125.

• In the other thread I was commending them for their 10% discount and fast track for orders but now I'm like man, this is kinda shady lol.

The pocket operators are pretty nice. I have a PO33. It's fun. I have yet to do anything really useful with it, though.

• This makes the new ipad pro a crazy bargain.

• The American Apparel of synth makers

• @oat_phipps said:
    The American Apparel of synth makers

Haha!
    That's perfect.

• Nice! :)

@oat_phipps said:
    The American Apparel of synth makers

• They are nice things, but I’d only realistically value them at around £300 - 400.

I’m surprised Korg or someone hasn’t come out with something similar, at a quarter of the price.

• IM gonna pay 1400 for the fucker next tax return, but grudgingly and bitchingly. I regret selling mine for 950!!

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    IM gonna pay 1400 for the fucker next tax return, but grudgingly and bitchingly. I regret selling mine for 950!!

I wouldn't spend that tax return just yet. H&R Block preparers are taking "empathy courses" to learn how to prepare customers for the shock after last year's billionaire tax cut....

• This is crazy! Just checked on Ebay and see quite a few that are still priced higher than T.E.'s newly inflated price. Many have active bids. I know those "winning" bidders are going to be pissed.

• Eff that hahaha
    iPad > op1
    I sold my op1 within months of getting it..
    Cool synth to play with, should cost about 400$- 600$ max
    The synths are thin and boring and the tape recording process is dreadful imo

• One thing that would make me buy another OP-1 is latency. You can't realistically do anything on iOS without a buffer of 256 or higher at which point the latency is too high for accurate playing.

• I’ve been straying away from iOS for everything but recording, and Patterning. This is tempting, although I can’t play keyboards at all :smile:

• Time for an OP-1 iOS app.

• I’ve always wanted one. But i could get ableton suite and a push 2 for that so....

• @DrippyFaucet said:
    I’ve always wanted one. But i could get ableton suite and a push 2 for that so....

Yea! Or, more iPad's haha that can do everything the op2? Can do ..and more

• $1400??? WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN? 😄

• @reasOne said:

@DrippyFaucet said:
    I’ve always wanted one. But i could get ableton suite and a push 2 for that so....

While iPads can do more, I'd say I've struggled to make anything as good as what I did on the OP-1 or heard anything done with an iPad that can compare to some of the best OP-1 tracks.

• @BroCoast said:

@reasOne said:

@DrippyFaucet said:

While iPads can do more, I'd say I've struggled to make anything as good as what I did on the OP-1 or heard anything done with an iPad that can compare to some of the best OP-1 tracks.

Say whaaaaa??
    I've heard so many great tracks made on iOS, I'm not going to compare what has better tracks cuz that's all dependant on the listener, but ya man most things I hear from the op1 are all pretty same sounding especially on the lofi hh genre
    But I've created more complete tracks on iOS in the last year that I have with all the years of other gear and daw stuff combined

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    Hmm 1400 dollars for an OP-1 or AKAI Force? Force wins.....LOL!

Drop em both down a flight of steps, and only the OP-1 will ever turn on again, tho. 🤣