Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vox Continental and Farfisa

Good B3 sounds are quite easy to get in say Galileo 2 but where does one get good Vox and Farfisa sounds?

Comments

• The latest Korg Module IAP "Organ and Clav Collection" has a small number of Vox Continental sounds. Otherwise I don't really recall ever seeing any on iOS. Strange considering that Ray Manzarek casts a very long shadow on organ sounds in rock music.

• The Combo Organ V is especially great for the VOX Continental sound.
    The Organs IAP in Soundtank also has Continental and Farfisa samples.

• Combo organ is the bomb - love that app. I hope they make it AUv3 like they did with String Machine.

• Hey Jeff I have Sampletank, could you please tell me which pack had the Farfisa sounds? Any other iOS app good for Farfisa sounds? Cheers!

@JeffChasteen said:
    The Combo Organ V is especially great for the VOX Continental sound.

• edited February 2019

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Hey Jeff I have Sampletank, could you please tell me which pack had the Farfisa sounds? Any other iOS app good for Farfisa sounds? Cheers!

@JeffChasteen said:
    The Combo Organ V is especially great for the VOX Continental sound.

The Organs IAP has 3 Farfisa-like and 3 Continentals
    The Sonik Synth IAP has 1 Farfisa and I Continental

I have also found a couple of free Farfisa SoundFonts floating around, but can't remember precisely where they came from.
    Edit: 1 came from the beatscodenamehippie site

• Thanks so much Jeff will go grab those babies! Cheers!

• I'm so fond of combo organs. One of my favorites is the Yamaha YC series. Anyone have any samples/waveforms of those?

Once I can wrap my head around getting samples into Obsidian in NS2, I plan to make some nice organ patches. Drop some combo organ samples in to the 3 layers and map the layer volumes to 3 "drawbars" on my midi controller... and if I want something with more drawbars, run more instances of obsidian with more drawbars (running on the same midi channel).

I've always loved the ability to add an envelope and filter to old organ sounds. Great for getting those weird sounds of those early organ top synths and string machines.

• @StaffanKeys said:
    Good B3 sounds are quite easy to get in say Galileo 2 but where does one get good Vox and Farfisa sounds?

Gallileo also has Vox and Farfisas and also some other Organs.

• @Doc_T said:

@StaffanKeys said:

Gallileo also has Vox and Farfisas and also some other Organs.

Indeed it does....select Expert from the top menu, you can then specify the organ type for each manual. Organs named starting V and F ;)

• The Sonik Synth (SampleTank IAP) Farfisa is absolutely gorgeous, I will say. And with ADSR and cutoff controls in Sampletank you can get some really great psychedelic tones out of it.