Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Caustic is awesome!

Now I even have it on Mac and windows PCs for free.
The exact same interface on all platforms. I like it a lot.

Comments

• edited February 2019

great app

• One of my favorite apps for writing edm. I am in love with the pcm synth. Also this might sound weird, but this is the only app I prefer using on an android tablet, the workflow is just faster with the memory card and all... can never stress enough what a great app this is and it’s very over looked.

• @skulptur_sound said:
    One of my favorite apps for writing edm. I am in love with the pcm synth. Also this might sound weird, but this is the only app I prefer using on an android tablet, the workflow is just faster with the memory card and all... can never stress enough what a great app this is and it’s very over looked.

Interesting. I just ended up with a new Surface thingie (work) and the only piece of musical kit I've put in it so far is Caustic....

• I love Caustic. Better than Gadget for me which has a similar paradigm. I export the stems and polish in Reason.

• Caustic plus the developer's tutorial series on YouTube is a master class in synthesizers, even half a decade later. Start here:

• Too bad it has been abandoned...
    There‘s not much missing to be close to perfect!

• edited February 2019

@dermichl said:
    Too bad it has been abandoned...
    There‘s not much missing to be close to perfect!

Development Is on hold, but I don’t think Caustic is abandoned.

• @bigcatrik said:
    Caustic plus the developer's tutorial series on YouTube is a master class in synthesizers, even half a decade later. Start here:

Yeah, his tutorials are superb. Absolutely love Caustic. Couldn’t believe I only found it last year, and only then through Doug, despite me having been using iOS since the start.

• I had a lot of fun with this app on my old nexus tablet, when i was living reclusive on a remote island in the gulf of thailand. It was my only way of making music (beside singing and hitting a stick on a piece of wood). People were praising my EDM. Good memories.

• I have deleted all music apps except for Caustic, Grand Finale & AudioShare.
    Everything else was just distracting, but I had to go through all of the other apps to realize.
    Also, am I the only one who likes the default skin?

• edited February 2019

I prefer the default skin as well.....

But I have to say that new Jupiter skin looks very nice too.

• Yep don't think it's abandoned totally. It is a really fun app on the go. Nice little sample editor too. I hope Rej comes back to it at one point.

• edited February 2019

@jolico said:
    I have deleted all music apps except for Caustic, Grand Finale & AudioShare.
    Everything else was just distracting, but I had to go through all of the other apps to realize.
    Also, am I the only one who likes the default skin?

i’m down with the default too ( though my own slight revision with helpful ID labels on the modular synth modules )
    ... but the Julia skin does make for a nice holiday in a clean and tidy apartment :)
    sorry... Jupiter Skin I meant..

• Why is caustic such a beloved app? I like how people are praising this app, makes me wanna fall in love with it as well.

I like closed
    environments that forces you to use your creativity (and holding you back from buying any new apps just because they exist)

• edited February 2019

It is a great app workflow wise, plus the gui is tailor made for touchscreen devices. Nice big buttons, spacious layout, double tap reset of faders and rotaries... It has a lot of instruments (even a vocoder) all included with the app.... Sidechain compressor, song tempo automation, loads .sf2 files, note nudge.... etc etc. I prefer it to Gadget...

• I love the “wrap tail” function for exporting seamless loops with their reverb & delay.

• edited February 2019

What about 'merge rack to instrument'...

• @SlowwFloww said:
    What about 'merge rack to instrument'...

exactly.. and it tags all the split key information onto the end of the samples and bundles them into a zip so import into audiolayer is almost automatic!! you can’t argue with features like that.. build something fancy and layered out of several of the modulars or others then merge to instrument.. all of its many export features kind of sweep aside the idea that its a ‘closed environment’

• if it would sync to the outside world it would be a pretty sweet package...

• @jolico said:
    I love the “wrap tail” function for exporting seamless loops with their reverb & delay.

wrap tail function? how do i do this?

• @sysexual said:

wrap tail function? how do i do this?

• @bigcatrik said:
    Caustic plus the developer's tutorial series on YouTube is a master class in synthesizers, even half a decade later. Start here:

That was fantastic, many thanks!

I own Caustic, but only clicked around in it from time to time.
    Will try more now, after this video.

But I think, I would not use the effects, but mix them in later, in Auria Pro probably.
    Or maybe later in NS2.

Will try around :)

• i dunno, i enjoy Caustic and think its a very well thought out app but i never use it more than a couple times before forgetting about it and deleting it. the effects are pretty bland but the drum machine is fantastic. some of the new interfaces certainly spice it up but its in need of an update or two.

• I sold my reason 10 copy last year :(

• edited May 2019

I just discovered Caustic and I absolutely love it. I have created more music in the 2 days I had caustic that the one year I had my iPad Pro 10.5 with tons of music software.

I Knew about Caustic but the screen shot did not inspire me. A friend asked me to help find a daw for her daughter Android tablet. On android Caustic is free to try.(no save or export)

I think the reason I love it so much is beacause it reminds me of a portable version of my first daw, Synapse audio - Orion. Unfortunately Orion is not produced anymore 🥺.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/orion-by-synapse-audio

• Can anybody tell me how to shorten a pattern that I have grown to 2 measures?

• @dermichl said:
    if it would sync to the outside world it would be a pretty sweet package...

Yes!!
    It's the main reason I have to use Gadget, although this might change one day...

• edited May 2019

@ecou said:
    Can anybody tell me how to shorten a pattern that I have grown to 2 measures?

See http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/node/2697

And while you're at it, an audio track workaround using the wave editor:
    http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/node/18401

• @ecou said:
    Can anybody tell me how to shorten a pattern that I have grown to 2 measures?

Hold on the “one measure” icon until “shrink pattern to one measure” appears.