Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why are app developers so unreasonable?

I paid nearly a fiver for an app a few years ago. When I bought it, it lacked the features I actually wanted it to have. How can I be expected to make music without those essential features?

I'm furious. I paid my money. I'm entitled to those new features and I want them. Now.

PS whilst you are coding the features I want and need, keep me posted on your progress.

Comments

• Very good satire! :D

• Ampify thread? 😬

• :lol: epic post :lol: :+1: :+1:

• Nail. Hit on the head... 👌

• man, a whole fiver? #occupyappdevs

• The absolute state of this forum lately

• @db909 said:
    The absolute state of this forum lately

Satire and sarcasm?

• Amen! I needed help moving furniture and got no help from anyone here. Also, i got ZERO Christmas cards in the mail from all these devs I’m supporting! What the frig? Too busy with your yacht? 🤣

• MIDISTEPS THREAD 😂

• @CracklePot said:

@db909 said:

Satire and sarcasm?

I dunno. Maybe a bit of both. I think it’s fine to request features politely and all that. But some of the requests border on the ridiculous. But I’ve been guilty myself so ..

• @db909 said:

That over-entitled attitude has reigned supreme here for many years.

• @CalCutta said:

@db909 said:

That over-entitled attitude has reigned supreme here for many years.

Not just here...
    Most everywhere.

• Why post this? Why piss in the pool we're all swimming in?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Why post this? Why piss in the pool we're all swimming in?

Unless you are swimming in the pool of entitlement my question to you would be “why post this?”

• It is too cold to get out of the water.
    And the line for the bathroom is too long.

Really though, I just drank way too much.
    :*

• @CracklePot said:
    It is too cold to get out of the water.

If you can’t float, you drink!

• edited February 2019

@klownshed said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Why post this? Why piss in the pool we're all swimming in?

Unless you are swimming in the pool of entitlement my question to you would be “why post this?”

You may be completely surprised to hear that your post comes off as trollish. Remarkable that someone who "joined" the forum in January already has such a clear-eyed view of the landscape. Or are you trying to resurrect the bad feelings from a thread last week because you're bored?

• @ExAsperis99
    I thought it was funny and spot on. Judging by the other responses I think you may be in the minority this time.

• edited February 2019

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    @ExAsperis99
    I thought it was funny and spot on. Judging by the other responses I think you may be in the minority this time.

Not from where I'm sitting, I completely agree with @ExAsperis99 - this is a trolling thread and should be closed. It's stuff like this, not people having an opinion on an app they've spent money on that's ruining this forum.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    @ExAsperis99

Maybe you're right. Would not be the first time I've been accused of being oversensitive!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    @ExAsperis99

Maybe you're right. Would not be the first time I've been accused of being oversensitive!

Actually, you have a friend. Carry on. :)

• edited February 2019

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    @ExAsperis99

@klownshed Join the group hug!
    :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    @ExAsperis99

@klownshed Join the group hug!
    :)

+1. Come over from the dark side!

• @supadom said:

@CracklePot said:
    It is too cold to get out of the water.

If you can’t float, you drink!

YUUUUP. Drink and eat and eat. A Whiskey milkshake will do nicely! Pack on them pounds and then you will float with ease ;)

• @klownshed this is a fun place. But its still the internet. You would have done well to note the thread with a clear sarcasm warning or at least a winkie ;)

Unless of course you were actually trying to start an argument with people who you think are too demanding and entitled with devs. In that case, just stop. Those kind of discussions start with a tone of blaming and just incite the worst in all of us. Regardless of your intention, that’s how your post is often going to be interpreted.

So... yeah join the group hug. Show some positivity, perhaps? Is there a flip side to the coin? Rather than sarcastically pointing out a viewpoint you disagree with, could you exemplify a better viewpoint?

• The post was aimed at nobody in particular. If you take offense to it then you are either over sensitive or you have an over inflated sense of entitlement. It’s like you feel you’re entitled to be entitled. It’s quantum baby.

@ExAsperis99 said:
    You may be completely surprised to hear that your post comes off as trollish. Remarkable that someone who "joined" the forum in January already has such a clear-eyed view of the landscape. Or are you trying to resurrect the bad feelings from a thread last week because you're bored?

See above. Who am I trolling? Unless you see yourself as over entitled and unreasonable you have nothing to be offended about.

You are making things personal. I was not.

But this forum has a lot of positives going for it and an invaluable link to some really cool iOS developers. I’ve seen more than enough threads in my short time here to spot an ugly undercurrent of entitlement bubbling away.

Again. I’ve not been personal. If you are a reasonable person you have no reason to take any offence. It you do then that says more about me than you. Read the OP again. What exactly did I say to offend you?

My post may as well have said “Cut the developers some slack”. It wasn’t exactly subtle satire.

• I’d never develop audio apps for iOS if I was a developer. Price ceilings for the effort are way to low and unsustainable, plus the maintenance and expected free updates for new features which is unheard of on desktop. Plus the endless stream of complaints if you dare put your app on sale. We as users have been a touch ungrateful. I can tell most of the iOS audio developers are doing this out of pure love. For me, you developers have made balancing family, getting outside and music much easier...Thanks.

• @Hmtx said:
    @klownshed this is a fun place. But its still the internet. You would have done well to note the thread with a clear sarcasm warning or at least a winkie ;)

Probably. I thought as satire/sarcasm goes it was almost too heavy handed. I prefer subtlety generally but it’s not fair to be subtle when many people don’t speak English as a first language (having said that, they are generally far cleverer than most native speakers and get the subtleties without any issues!) ;-)

Unless of course you were actually trying to start an argument with people who you think are too demanding and entitled with devs.

Nope.

In that case, just stop.

Come on. Stop yourself. You are treading a fine line towards hypocrisy here! ;-)

Those kind of discussions start with a tone of blaming and just incite the worst in all of us.

Only if you recognise yourself as being over entitled and unreasonable. The post is quite clearly not aimed at individual people. Not nasty. Not personal.

Regardless of your intention, that’s how your post is often going to be interpreted.

At the risk of being kicked out for repeating myself. Only if you think you have an entitlement to be unreasonable.

So... yeah join the group hug. Show some positivity, perhaps? Is there a flip side to the coin? Rather than sarcastically pointing out a viewpoint you disagree with, could you exemplify a better viewpoint?

Sorry. I’m going to repeat myself again. How was I pointing out a viewpoint to which I disagree? I wasn’t doing that unless your viewpoint is that it’s completely fine to be unreasonably entitled...

It’s absolutley fine to let developers know how you feel about their products. What works, what doesn’t. What you would like to see. What you don’t want to see. What’s broken and what’s great. Developers need to know these things.

But you should not feel entitled to have those request fulfilled.

My post was at the general sense of entitlement on display towards everything. I want this feature. I want it now. I want you to keep me informed. I paid so I’m entitled.

This discussion has been closed.