Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

State saving

Is it just me, or is the number of audio apps that still does not support any form of state saving still unacceptably huge?

Espescially when using the ipad as an extension to a keyboard rig, its unacceptable that many of the main apps one would like to use are still not on the list that allow state saving,..

Its not the smaller ones either, it are big names like Korg, Sampletank, Arturia(half their apps have no AB support at all) , UVI(with the ravenscroft 275) .. and some more,..

I would love to create a small gig setup on an ipad, but these facts make it feel still to much like a toy instead of a real instrument for live gigging.. i was looking for a cheap alternative for my mainstage setup on Mac OSX, but seems despite all the effort of product teams like Audio Bus, we are still far away from where i hoped it to be. (Might be due to my personal expectations)

But state saving, would be 3rd on my list just after audio routing and midi routing..

Comments

• Audio Units are your friend.

• @brambos said:
    Audio Units are your friend.

Speaking of which: I've noted that Scaler doesn't always hold state in AB3. I save a preset in Emaj, all good. Come back to the preset and it displays Emaj but plays back in a different scale. The next time I see it I'll make a video so you and @Michael can work it out.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@brambos said:

Speaking of which: I've noted that Scaler doesn't always hold state in AB3. I save a preset in Emaj, all good. Come back to the preset and it displays Emaj but plays back in a different scale. The next time I see it I'll make a video so you and @Michael can work it out.

Hmm.. interesting. Only in AB3? Scaler uses the exact same state-saving code as all my apps since late 2017, so I'd be really surprised if it's something on my end.

• @brambos said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@brambos said:

Hmm.. interesting. Only in AB3? Scaler uses the exact same state-saving code as all my apps since late 2017, so I'd be really surprised if it's something on my end.

I can't say if anywhere else because I've been using AB3 exclusively lately. Scaler is the only one of my midi AUfx that is not behaving in AB3 though. Will replicate and document; I've turned diagnostic mode on for Michael so he can take a look.

• I notice that a few of my synths states dont save in AUM , either au or iaa.
    If you add AUM as an audio in, with in ab3 , well that project save everything about your AUM project?
    I feel like I've read that here but haven't really put it to the test....?

• @reasOne When AUM is hosted in AB3 an AB session will state-save

• all AUs hosted in AUM or AB
    • the routings of AUM or AB3
    • IAAs with state-saving hosted in AB3
    • but not the IAAs (with state-saving) hosted in AUM
  • @reasOne said:
    I notice that a few of my synths states dont save in AUM , either au or iaa.
    If you add AUM as an audio in, with in ab3 , well that project save everything about your AUM project?
    I feel like I've read that here but haven't really put it to the test....?

AUM only saves AU state. You need to also use AB3 if you have non-AUs that support AB state saving.

• @brambos said:

They are...

But sadly many of the things i really like don’t come in AUv3 yet..

• This would work great if audiobus supported user folders rather than songs saved in 1 huge long folder :-(