Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IDAM with Logic Pro X and Audiobus 3 possible?

I’ve gotten IDAM to work with one MIDI line in Logic with my iPad with Poison 202. I’d also like to incorporate my iPhone into my setup and use Poison 202 with a different preset and MIDI line from logic using IDAM. Can I use IDAM to route different MIDI regions in Logic Pro X to different channels in Audiobus using a lightning cable?

For example, the first MIDI external instrument in Logic would have a MIDI bass line that routes to channel 1 in Audiobus that has a Poison 202 AU3. The second MIDI external instrument in Logic would have a different MIDI lead line that routes to channel 2 in Audiobus that has a Sunrizer AU3. And so on.

I tried doing this but it seems that only the first MIDI region in Logic was being sent to Audiobus because Poison 202 and Sunrizer were playing the same MIDI.

Or is this where iConnectMIDI comes into play so that multiple MIDI lines can be sent to the iPad? Or will multiple iPads be needed for each to read its own MIDI region?

Learning how MIDI routing works between IOS and iMac has me confused 🙁 I simply want to know if one iPad can play multiple MIDI lines from Logic with IDAM using Audiobus AU3 instruments, or if I’ll need a separate iPad/iPhone to play each individual MIDI line in Logic using IDAM and if/where iConnectMIDI is needed in any of this.

Thanks.