Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Nanokey Studio with AUM, basic problem

Hello you fellow mobile musicians

just recently I got into mobile music making, currently my mountains of synth are on holiday.

my current mobile setup is:
Ipad pro 2019 with a Zoom F1 as audio interface
Teenage Engineering OP-Z
Korg Nanokey Studio
and way too many synth apps

All comes together in AUM, the problem I am having now is how can I control the single synth apps with my nanokey?

Do I have to set up different scenes in the Korg Kontrol Editor, so each can have it's own midi channel or is there a way to route this in AUM? My Idea is, that the nanokey sends on e.g. ch10 and then I can switch in app to where I need it, like chanel 11 to Zeeon, channel 12 to Synth One and so on.

Sorry if this is a basic question, but I am stuck...

Comments

• I think setting different scenes with different channels is the way to go. It’s pretty fast to change them on the NKS, this is what I do. Other solution could be to make a custom script in MidiFire but you will have to change channels with a CC or midi note via NKS pads. Could be even faster but you will loose pads for other use.

• To switch in the app where a hosted synth is receiving from, just tap the small menu button next to the synth node and select which MIDI sources it should receive from.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    To switch in the app where a hosted synth is receiving from, just tap the small menu button next to the synth node and select which MIDI sources it should receive from.

Is this independent from the Midi channel the keyboard is sending?

• edited February 2019

How are you using the OP-Z in the setup? You have 16 individual midi channels on it. And each of those channels gives you access to 4 pages worth of CC values per each encoder.

I often use the OP-Z to drive cutoff, noise, osc1 values per synth per channel with AUM.

What’s cool is that you can automate it all once you have the CC links setup.

• You will select Nanokey for all your synths like I selected AUM keyboard below. Do the channel filtering for each synth, this one below will receive midi data on channel 1. Set 2, 3, 4... for other synths. Your Nanokey will send on desired channel depending on selected pre-configured scene. You can do the same thing with OP-Z.

You can also route NKS to external hardware here, it will receive midi depending on NKS selected scene/channel.

• That seems to work, thanks a lot!