Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any apps for long distance jamming/collaborations in real time?

The only thing I've found so far that seems legit is Ninjam for pc. Haven't tried it yet, as I was really hoping that something might exist on iOS.

I know latency is the big hurdle here, but a lot of what we'll be working on is ambient, so latency won't be a huge issue.

Comments

• I tried on a while ago called Jam Kazam. This was several years ago on Pc, but I think they had a Mac version too. By brother and I did a quick test while we were living in the same city still, and the latency was so bad it was unusable. It would probably work for ambient. Looks like it may still be available.

• yeh, I came across that one too, reviews weren't good whereas Ninjam seems like it would do the trick on desktop. Was hoping there is something similar on ios, but I might just be s.o.l.

• This is the nearest easy tool I found similar to what Ableton Share feature was announced back in the day. There are other telepresence tools but these are more complicated or hardware based (expensive).

http://fabriziopoce.com/AuNetTools.html

• Ah the old Share vapor ware.
    Cool tool thanks for that

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    This is the nearest easy tool I found similar to what Ableton Share feature was announced back in the day. There are other telepresence tools but these are more complicated or hardware based (expensive).

http://fabriziopoce.com/AuNetTools.html

thanks, sadly my collaborator doesn't use ableton so that doesn't seem like an option.

• You could use it just with max. It could be a little more tricky but I think it’s possible.
    Another options are Reaper and StudioOne if I remember well. I left researching in this field some time ago.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    You could use it just with max. It could be a little more tricky but I think it’s possible.
    Another options are Reaper and StudioOne if I remember well. I left researching in this field some time ago.

cool, I'll look into it. thanks again!

• @palm said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    You could use it just with max. It could be a little more tricky but I think it’s possible.

cool, I'll look into it. thanks again!

Check the video because it's a walkthrough :wink: