Ruismaker Noir versus FM?

Is it easy to say what the significant differences are between these 2? Or for that matter does it even make sense? Sounds like they overlap in FM style drum sounds.

Thank you!

Greg

Comments

• Noir is amazing. FM is great. Get them both and enjoy. Noir is one of the very tip top iOS music apps of 2018.

Noir is the evil, more intelligent and capable twin of FM.

• Noir for me is all about bendy and warpy which is what I want in drum synths.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Noir is amazing. FM is great. Get them both and enjoy. Noir is one of the very tip top iOS music apps of 2018.

Noir is the evil, more intelligent and capable twin of FM.

Perfect info. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!! I have FM and thought I might be covered :)

• edited February 8

Noir is superb, you can't go wrong there!

• edited February 8

The only advantage Ruismaker FM has over Noir, from a newcomer's perspective, is that you can program up to 6 sounds in one instance of the plugin.

Noir is awesome, but I think it's important to let people who aren't familiar with it know it only makes one patch per instance.

...although there are times, with clever programming, you can make a single warping patch sound almost like an entire drum kit.

• edited February 8

Just curious, which one Bram synth isn't super awesome and worth every single penny ? :)
    If i would be forced to choose between Noir and FM - i would choose Noir and FM. :lol:

Curious what is he cooking now, for sure another instabuy.

• Noir is a beast, it’s unique in the sense it has audio engine and a sequencer in the AUv3. Would love to see that for others especially Troublemaker (my second most used Bram app).

• Get them both!
    FM is great as your typical drum synth with 6 voices.
    Noir as your percussion element (like djembe or tabla) singe voice with many articulations.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Noir has been scientifically proven to improve the quality of your life by 8-76%.

f'real?> @tk32 said:

The only advantage Ruismaker FM has over Noir, from a newcomer's perspective, is that you can program up to 6 sounds in one instance of the plugin.

Noir is awesome, but I think it's important to let people who aren't familiar with it know it only makes one patch per instance.

...although there are times, with clever programming, you can make a single warping patch sound almost like an entire drum kit.

Thank a lot for this info!

• Yeah, FM is great if you just want a drum app. Noir is great if you want an app that can do drums, abut can also do a whole bunch of other things too... and yet is only monophonic.

• @tk32 said:

Thats the key point.

I use both on many songs. You can pretty well cover drums with those. Will use FM for all the basic drum and percussion parts, and Noir to accent them or add a dynamic layer.

• @recccp said:
    Get them both!
    Noir as your percussion element (like djembe or tabla) singe voice with many articulations.

I should have skimmed better. Yes, this is a great description.

• @recccp said:
    Get them both!

You can create awesome complete drum tracks with two or three instances of Noir, too.

• As with all Bram Bos apps..buy them both and you will be thoroughly pleased

• @dendy said:
    Just curious, which one Bram synth isn't super awesome and worth every single penny ? :)
    If i would be forced to choose between Noir and FM - i would choose Noir and FM. :lol:

Curious what is he cooking now, for sure another instabuy.

I think this is true ... Bram Bos is one of the developers whose apps I just decided "yeah, I will get them all". Once I bought Rozeta and then populated it with his apps the light went on. This guy is incredible!

When he releases an app now I just buy it.