CuSnP and LRC5 new auv3’s from Neon Silicon

2»

Comments

  • That worked for me. Thanks.

  • @Longskatedeath said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @NeonSilicon How would you do that in AUM?

    I’ve done achieved it by having a bus send as an effect from the instrument, then having a Stereo-to-mono AUM effect in that bus channel as well as CuSnP:

    Yeah, that's the basic idea. Thanks @Longskatedeath. This is another idea of how I typically use it for slide guitar,

    If I were to use a stereo input, from my USB device, I would get the kind of behaviour that was described above. But, running a mono channel as input makes all of the CuSnP controls work as "pan" controls and I can set the strings to where I want in the stereo field. Keeping CuSnP on a bus means I can run the effects on the sympathetics independently of the main channel.

  • For anyone looking for documentation, opening these apps in standalone mode outside of a host provides you with the user guide.

    When CuSnP is running in your host you can touch or strum the resonant strings to hear them while adjusting their parameters.

    I understand CuSnP is a potentially cpu intensive app and therefore was designed to work on mono signals. Would love to have an option for stereo though.

    CuSnP is really well done and unique in iOS land. Thanks for such a wonderful gift @NeonSilicon .

    Running Cyclops, Apparillo, and Ripplemaker through the that C12TET preset is magical. Some of the most bleeping and grungy and electronic sounding patches are transformed into virtual music boxes.

  • @Moderndaycompiler said:
    For anyone looking for documentation, opening these apps in standalone mode outside of a host provides you with the user guide.

    When CuSnP is running in your host you can touch or strum the resonant strings to hear them while adjusting their parameters.

    I understand CuSnP is a potentially cpu intensive app and therefore was designed to work on mono signals. Would love to have an option for stereo though.

    CuSnP is really well done and unique in iOS land. Thanks for such a wonderful gift @NeonSilicon .

    Running Cyclops, Apparillo, and Ripplemaker through the that C12TET preset is magical. Some of the most bleeping and grungy and electronic sounding patches are transformed into virtual music boxes.

    Thanks for posting this @Moderndaycompiler. You are right that it can be CPU intensive and that running in a mono-to-stereo mode is really helpful in this regard. But, it is supposed to work correctly in a stereo-to-stereo setting. There is a bug in the way the balance is being set in stereo-stereo. Right now, if you set the individual strings' balance to either the left or the right of center, they pan towards the left. That's not what's supposed to happen. I've fixed the bug. After some testing today, I'll submit the new build to the app store. Hopefully it won't take too long to go live. For now, I'd suggest putting the Balance control at or near 0.0 for the individual strings.

    Thanks,
    Rob

  • @NeonSilicon thanks for addressing the stereo issues. Even with the mono to stereo node in AUM just before the CuSnP node I had issues. Only worked when after CuSnP. Looking forward to the update :)

    Regarding the editing of individual strings, when applying the “to all strings “, is that specific to the last changed parameter? Eg. Changing balance on the first string and the apply all will only change balance on the others?

  • @Longskatedeath said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @NeonSilicon How would you do that in AUM?

    I’ve done achieved it by having a bus send as an effect from the instrument, then having a Stereo-to-mono AUM effect in that bus channel as well as CuSnP:

    Cheers for that.

  • @Moderndaycompiler said:
    @NeonSilicon thanks for addressing the stereo issues. Even with the mono to stereo node in AUM just before the CuSnP node I had issues. Only worked when after CuSnP. Looking forward to the update :)

    Regarding the editing of individual strings, when applying the “to all strings “, is that specific to the last changed parameter? Eg. Changing balance on the first string and the apply all will only change balance on the others?

    Regarding using the AU with a mono input, it seems that most hosts run everything as stereo even with a mono input. The mono is really stereo with the mono copied to both channels. To test the mono-to-stereo configuration, I actually needed to write my own small host that specifically did that setting. It actually doesn't mater that much except for efficiency of the AU.

    The "Apply To All Strings" button will apply any of the parameters that have been changed since the last time the button was pressed to all strings. So, if you were to change the Coupling and the Level and then hit the apply button, it would change those two on every string but not alter the Balance and Sustain parameters. It never applies the frequency to all strings.

  • I have put up a public beta of LRC5 that hopefully fixes the crashing. I haven't been able to get this build to crash. I'm really interested to hear if this fixes the issues for anyone who experienced multiple crashes.

    Here's a link to the public beta for anyone interested in testing it. The link goes through TestFlight on iOS.


    The new version is 1.1 build 6.


    Thanks!

Sign In or Register to comment.