Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Frank Prinzel's DAW Characterizations (from the FaceBook IOS Musicians Group)

2»

Comments

• edited February 2019

Trying to be a little more "recording studio" about it I found that the lack of flexibility of the aux sends in Cubasis pushed me to Auria.

Edit: Cubasis has sends, they're just not as flexible as Auria's.

• edited February 2019

@bigcatrik said:
    Trying to be a little more "recording studio" about it I found that the lack of aux sends in Cubasis pushed me to Auria. I'm not trying to do anything fancy, but even my Tascam Porta-05 had an effect send -- just one, but it was there.

Actually Cubasis does have an Aux send, not as flexible as Auria or NS2, but it is there:

• Actually Cubasis does have an Aux send, not as flexible as Auria or NS2, but it is there:

You're right. But I want to pan them.

• @MrSmileZ said:

Like what? Akai Force?

I have a DJ Nephew with a ton of gear and he's settled on the Akai Force for his future Live shows after dragging a lot of gear on airplanes to Nova Scotia from California.

As I slowly dig into the magic of BM3 I can see why it would cover most of the bases for the music he creates too.

• @McD said:

@MrSmileZ said:

Like what? Akai Force?

I have a DJ Nephew with a ton of gear and he's settled on the Akai Force for his future Live shows after dragging a lot of gear on airplanes to Nova Scotia from California.

As I slowly dig into the magic of BM3 I can see why it would cover most of the bases for the music he creates too.

The force is niiiiiiiiice, I’m lovin mine...had to tear away from it to get some sleep in a few...but tomorrow it’ll call again

• edited February 2019

heres my take.
    aum - experimentation, live, fun by far my most used app.
    gadget - this is where i make tracks and have fun doing so.
    cubasis - overall productive but get bored quick as i never got on well with traditional daws.
    ns2. somewhat productive but lack of au midi recording made me go back to cubasis. once again a traditional style daw that i want to like but cannot get into it.

never tried the rest and have little interest to venture into them.

most used apps are traktor, aum and gadget.