Frank Prinzel's DAW Characterizations (from the FaceBook IOS Musicians Group)
I saw this and laughed out loud reading the "IOS Musicians" Group on FaceBook posted by Frank Prinzel.
- StageLight=MPEish Keyboard
- GarageBand=Solitary Confinement
- Cubasis=MIDI editor Audio editor
- Gadget=A Bunch of Synthesizers in Solitary Confinement...
I would add:
- AUM=8-track Tape Machine with track bouncing
- ApeMatrix=4-8 4-track tape machines with a 16-to-32 track mixing console
- Audio Evolution Mobile Studio=TASCAM Portastudios (Cheaper ProTools)
I wish I had seen this before buying NS2.
I just didn't need another synth to "not learn". Be advised. It's a great synth wrapped in a DAW's clothing
without much of what I need in a DAW. It can add features and gain more mindshare.
I think the StageLight description is off. Maybe "Multiplatform Loop-based DAW"?
It will come in handy when Audio Recording is added in 2021 and I have an upgraded iPad with 4GB of RAM. But by then Gadget could support AUv3's.
The message is clear for me. I bought Auria Pro as my first DAW since it was the first to go out at %50 off. I should have stopped there and learned that Beast and bought all the FabFilters when they we're on sale.. I'm an old school recording studio guy.