Xy pad with record/loop and midi out

Hello

I am looking for an app to control a few iOS synths via midi

Is anyone aware of any piece of iOS software running on iphone that contains 2 or 3 XY pad interfaces capable of independently recording/looping xy movement and outputting the data via midi?

Comments

  • @BroCoast said:
    BM3?

    Thank you for this. Do you mean beat maker 3?
    I should also mention I am working on iphone not iPad

  • wimwim
    edited February 5

    I think you will need two apps working together for that. An iPhone compatible DAW, such as Audio Evolution Mobile for the record part, and a control surface app, such as Midi Designer Pro 2 for the pads. I don’t know of any iPhone app with both.

    Photon, due out soon would work for the recording part, but won’t be iPhone compatible at initial release.

  • Maybe Gestrument Pro would work for you?

  • +1 for gestrument pro. I mean, not the ideal way but i think a good hack.

  • edited February 5

    I think Kai Aras is working on adding a XY pad to his KB-1 Midi Keyboard AU

    He posted this picture on twitter:

  • @White said:
    I think Kai Aras is working on adding a XY pad to his KB-1 Midi Keyboard AU

    He posted this picture on twitter:

    Yes beta testing they work good and CC knobs!

  • @Jumpercollins said:

    @White said:
    I think Kai Aras is working on adding a XY pad to his KB-1 Midi Keyboard AU

    He posted this picture on twitter:

    Yes beta testing they work good and CC knobs!

    That is great to know. I love the work of @ka010

  • @CracklePot said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @White said:
    I think Kai Aras is working on adding a XY pad to his KB-1 Midi Keyboard AU

    That is great to know. I love the work of @ka010

    That is great to hear, thanks! :)

    The XY layout can have either one or two xy pads (per keyboard) with individual modes and midi channels. However, there's no recording (yet).
    Modes can be:
    CC: X/Y axis transmit freely assignable control change
    Note: generates notes where X axis is mapped to pitch and Y to MPE slide
    Wheels: X axis is mapped to modwheel, Y axis is mapped to pitch wheel

    @annahahn what are you up to specifically?

  • @ka010 Looks awesome. My only request would be a latch mode or return mode on the xy pads. that way you can do a filter sweep and it will jump back to 0,0 or if you wanted to move parameters and have them stay where you leave them, be able to latch.

  • @gmslayton said:
    @ka010 Looks awesome. My only request would be a latch mode or return mode on the xy pads. that way you can do a filter sweep and it will jump back to 0,0 or if you wanted to move parameters and have them stay where you leave them, be able to latch.

    I like that!

Sign In or Register to comment.