Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

look-ahead audio looper on iOS !!

13»

Comments

• @BroCoast : I agree it would be totally cool if such a thing existed. I need to try the kosmonaut trick, too.

Maybe a dev who has written a looper could repurpose some code to create a simple loop AU solely for this use.

It is sad that Flux was abandoned.

• Yeah I agree, this should be built into Loopy.

• @Michael said:
    Yeah I agree, this should be built into Loopy.

:D

I'm guessing it would be a lot of work?

• @BroCoast said:

@Michael said:

Yeah, quite a bit. I'll make sure it's in Pro though. Working on that this year.

• @Michael said:

@BroCoast said:

@Michael said:

Yeah, quite a bit. I'll make sure it's in Pro though. Working on that this year.

exciting! I'll ask the inevitable... any chance of an Auv3?

• @palm said:

@Michael said:

@BroCoast said:

@Michael said:

Absolutely!

• @Michael said:

@palm said:

@Michael said:

@BroCoast said:

@Michael said:

Absolutely!

:) !!!

• Did this get somewhere, eventually? I’m rethinking my whole workflow/setup these days, and I would love to implement this kind of technique to guarantee the max possible spontaneity: I see you mentioned this technique being possible in Flux:FX, but first of all I didn’t find any source (video or anything) showing it so I’m not sure if this is actually possible there (can someone confirm?) and I heard that app has been abandoned and frankly speaking I’d rather support a developer who’s still working on something new.
    Is it worth to wait for Loopy HD to be ready for that or...?
    Thanks!

• edited December 2019

@snowindamascus said:
    Did this get somewhere, eventually? I’m rethinking my whole workflow/setup these days, and I would love to implement this kind of technique to guarantee the max possible spontaneity: I see you mentioned this technique being possible in Flux:FX, but first of all I didn’t find any source (video or anything) showing it so I’m not sure if this is actually possible there (can someone confirm?) and I heard that app has been abandoned and frankly speaking I’d rather support a developer who’s still working on something new.
    Is it worth to wait for Loopy HD to be ready for that or...?
    Thanks!

In the last three months, Michael has added a lot of useful features mentioned in this thread to Loopy HD, enhancing possible ways of doing loop recording and playback automation significantly.
    In fact the only feature I've not seen added yet is AUv3 compatibility.

• endless’s looper works like this.. it’s great

• Thanks guys, and thanks Michael :smile: so I understand the “look ahead” thing is now possible with Loopy HD...I guess I’ll need to dive back in LHD after a while before wasting people’s time in forums :wink:

• edited December 2019

@snowindamascus said:
    Thanks guys, and thanks Michael :smile: so I understand the “look ahead” thing is now possible with Loopy HD...I guess I’ll need to dive back in LHD after a while before wasting people’s time in forums :wink:

I have not been able to really finish this project, sorry everyone.

To clarify a bit:
    Michael's comments above state

• Look -ahead looping "should be" built into Loopy (but is a lot of work and is not yet an available feature)
    • it will be built in to Loopy PRO, a new app in development from Michael