Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

External drives with Files App access

2»

Comments

• @White said:
    Cult Of Mac has a description of how you can browse all your Mac’s folders from the Files app using the Filebrowser app from Stratospherix.

I haven’t got a computer myself, so I haven’t tried it, but I have the Filebrowser app and I must say it’s very good at connecting to external drives. I have an Apple Time Capsule and USB drives connected to my router and the Filebrowser app connects to them without any problems at all.

The article on Cult Of Mac is here:

https://www.cultofmac.com/605392/browse-mac-folders-ipad-files-app/

I wrote that article. I use this method specifically to transfer files between iPad and Octatrack, with the OT plugged into the Mac via USB. It works great.

One extra tip: The FileBrowser app can see external drives on the Mac, but these can’t be seen inside the Files app. You can only see them in FB itself.

• @eross said:
    i use one of these wireless usb sticks. i can transfer sounds between my computer ipad iphone, anything really that uses wifi. it’s pretty great.

If you’re computer is on and connected to Wi-Fi, why not just connect directly to it from your iPad?

• i basically use it as a hub/library for sharing samples between all my devices. so when i come up with a cool sample or riff or whatever. i send it to the stick. then I can pull samples from it while on the go, or if my computer is off, or whatever.