Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 on sale

Comments

• As soon as iphone version arrives I intend to immediately buy it and all iap at full price. More than happy to support Matt

• The most shocking thing in this thread is that anybody would pay more than $13.99 for a Dominos pizza...or really any amount for a Dominos pizza.

• @klownshed said:

@Slava said:
    I apologize in advance. But ... I live in the most impoverished country of Europe, Ukraine. My income is about 450 dollars a month, of which at least 370 I spend on an apartment, food and medicines. And yes, I am a disabled person who rides in a wheelchair. But ... I can’t understand crying over 5 pages about 10 dollars. This is the triumph of human greed in unsurpassed greatness. I do not know how much it costs to work in the UK, but it seems to me that the time spent on complaints in this topic could already pay off in any kind of work. Sorry for my English.

Just to answer your question the minimum wage in the UK if you’re over 25 is about £8 an hour. If you’re under 18 minimum wage is only about £4.20 an hour.

Nanostudio is usually £28.99 and is currently £19.99 so £9.00 off.

I’m glad I don’t smoke cos a packet of Marlboro is over £11. It costs me about £60 to fill my car up with 50 litres of fuel.

But I’d be annoyed if I’d just spent my £30 iTunes voucher on one app when it could have gone much further just a week later.

Whilst £9 is nothing in the UK these days (about half a dominos
    Pizza) it doesn’t mean that You can spend £9 whenever you feel like it on apps. The UK is an expensive place to live and the average wage doesn’t go far. Especially when your home costs about 20 times your yearly salary.

Anyway. I hope we can give it a rest now. We all know that £9 is nothing and you shouldn’t complain. We also know £9 is a big chunk of spare change to spend on apps. Those for whom £9 is a tip added onto the price their lunch have no place telling anybody else the value of a £1.

Conversely the developers have a right to do whatever they think is necessary to earn a crust. Including discounting when they previously intended not to.

Perhaps a discount is needed to boost sales so they can afford their own Dominos pizza and packet of Marlboro. Or rent.

Can’t we get back to complaining about all the features nanostudio doesn’t have yet (but absolutely should considering how fucking expensive it is) instead?

I think I may just have insulted everybody instead of calming things down. I’ll get my coat.

;-)

Quite rightly. Just a tantrum went beyond good and evil.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    The most shocking thing in this thread is that anybody would pay more than $13.99 for a Dominos pizza...or really any amount for a Dominos pizza.

Dominos should not be allowed to call the barely edible culinary disaster they put in a box a pizza. It’s basiclaly a doughy disc of shame and excessive calories.

I’m surprised Italy haven’t declared war on the US over it. I’m sure they’ve gone to war over far less egregious matters

• @klownshed said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    The most shocking thing in this thread is that anybody would pay more than $13.99 for a Dominos pizza...or really any amount for a Dominos pizza.

Dominos should not be allowed to call the barely edible culinary disaster they put in a box a pizza. It’s basiclaly a doughy disc of shame and excessive calories.

I’m surprised Italy haven’t declared war on the US over it. I’m sure they’ve gone to war over far less egregious matters

It's the weirdest thing. There are Dominos franchises in New York City. There is great pizza everywhere — you're more likely to run into a slice joint than a Starbucks. And yet somebody buys this garbage. It's a mystery.

• @klownshed said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

First comment in weeks but this shit here made me lmao! I wouldn’t eat Dominoes with my enemies mouth.

Seriously. Dude, some of you really need to lighten up. We get it, life sucks sometimes. More for some than others but if you’re posting on this thread you are clearly blessed. You have life, Internet and a device that connects you to the world. So it ain’t so bad is it?

I’ve been spending the last month holding the hand of a 54 year old man with his chest split open, clinging to life and he rarely complains. Im still relatively young but even I am aware that soon enough, it’ll all be over for all of us. Live accordingly and smile bitches.

• @WillieNegus said:

@klownshed said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

First comment in weeks but this shit here made me lmao! I wouldn’t eat Dominoes with my enemies mouth.

Seriously. Dude, some of you really need to lighten up. We get it, life sucks sometimes. More for some than others but if you’re posting on this thread you are clearly blessed. You have life, Internet and a device that connects you to the world. So it ain’t so bad is it?

I’ve been spending the last month holding the hand of a 54 year old man with his chest split open, clinging to life and he rarely complains. Im still relatively young but even I am aware that soon enough, it’ll all be over for all of us. Live accordingly and smile bitches.

Hey I'm not a doctor but I think you have to get that guy to a hospital.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@WillieNegus said:

@klownshed said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Ha. Unfortunately, that’s where I’ve been. Hospitals are my least fav places just after prison. Unfortunately, I now have experience spending far too much time in both. At my age perhaps it’s good. Gives me a perspective that’ll hopefully lend to appreciating life better as I close out my thirties in the coming years. 54 just doesn’t seem old enough for my lady’s father to be dealing with several massive heart attacks and kidney failure. Sucks.

Just seems we all take life for granted and make mountains out of mole hills is all.

• @WillieNegus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@WillieNegus said:

@klownshed said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Ha. Unfortunately, that’s where I’ve been. Hospitals are my least fav places just after prison. Unfortunately, I now have experience spending far too much time in both. At my age perhaps it’s good. Gives me a perspective that’ll hopefully lend to appreciating life better as I close out my thirties in the coming years. 54 just doesn’t seem old enough for my lady’s father to be dealing with several massive heart attacks and kidney failure. Sucks.

Just seems we all take life for granted and make mountains out of mole hills is all.

Apologies for going too far in making light of your situation. But the good news about bypass surgery (which I assume you friend had) is that it's approaching routine in the 21st century, and the prognosis is generally good. And most people realize that lifestyle changes are far preferable to another stay in the hospital.

good luck to your friend

• @WillieNegus said:

I’d love to, but I spend my time trying to keep a struggling business going, coping with an autistic 10 year old bouncing off the walls, and trying to stay positive for my sister who is dying of lung cancer.

All I did was post my displeasure about a sale I considered badly timed, and I get all this shit? Pages, and pages of personal comments?

Apps and making music with them are one of my few pleasures, and I don’t have much to spend on them so a tenner lost is another app I don’t have.

Another pleasure is spending time on this forum. But after the stuff I’ve read on this thread today I doubt I’ll find pleasure in it again.

Yeah I know - ‘drama queen’.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@WillieNegus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@WillieNegus said:

@klownshed said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Apologies for going too far in making light of your situation. But the good news about bypass surgery (which I assume you friend had) is that it's approaching routine in the 21st century, and the prognosis is generally good. And most people realize that lifestyle changes are far preferable to another stay in the hospital.

good luck to your friend

🙏🏾 Thanks! I’m actually not so sensitive and believe making light of serious situations among the best ways to cope with them so no need to apologize bro. I’d tell him your joke if it didn’t hurt him so much to chuckle. One for later perhaps.

• edited February 2019

You didn’t commit any crime @MonzoPro and I hope you gain the resolve to ignore that which brings you displeasure in favor of focusing on that which brings you peace and enjoyment. Don’t let others spoil your joy.

After this comment, this thread won’t even exist to me anymore unless someone tags me with something worth my attention. I understand this level of dismissiveness isn’t natural for all...but I promise it’s an amazing tool in practice.👌🏾

• @WillieNegus said:
    You didn’t commit any crime @MonzoPro and I hope you gain the resolve to ignore that which brings you displeasure in favor of focusing on that which brings you peace and enjoyment. Don’t let others spoil your joy.

After this comment, this thread won’t even exist to me anymore unless someone tags me with something worth my attention. I understand this level of dismissiveness isn’t natural for all...but I promise it’s an amazing tool in practice.👌🏾

Tagging you just to say it’s good to see you back. Your humor and good vibes are always appreciated by me.

And same to you @MonzoPro. Hope you’ll stick around - this place needs your experience and honesty.

• Thanks for the kind words @kinkujin 🙏🏾 Always appreciated.

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

Yeh, hope u ignore the pissy chest thumpers and stick around @MonzoPro. AB forum without horse gas would be like a Dominos pizza without diet root beer. ;)

• @wim said:
    ...a Dominos pizza without diet root beer. ;)

[Clutches pearls; steadies hand against fainting couch; dies]

• edited February 2019

What the fuck did Dominoes do to you guys?

• So many post about NS2. What is notable about it?

What does it do that would make me spend that much money and drop Cubasis?

I wish there was a demo like somebody said already.

• Voicing disagreement is good. How else can we try to understand why and how others think about things? No need to be hostile or make personal attacks. The way I saw this was not just someone being disappointed about their own bad luck/timing, but a criticism of the dev for when they put their app on sale. I find it to be an interesting topic because it's such a different way of looking at things. We live in a world where it seems more and more common for people to judge something based on how it impacts them personally rather than how it works for others or a greater good. To me that's the issue. Nothing says anyone has to talk about it if they don't want to.

• @MonzoPro - I'll draw fire for a bit.

I'm outraged it was only a 33% discount. %50 is my minimum for the discount impulse. But I went ahead and bought it anyway because if I wait for the %50 discount I might never get it. So, I feel robbed of $5 but the pressure to buy was overwhelming:

1. Top 7 Synths of 2018 - HaqAttaq
    2. App of the Decade - IOS Obscura
    3. "Top DAW without Audio Recording or IAA Support Must Have" - @McD

And I really just need to get ammunition to refute @dendy effectively. He's always on the NS2 frontlines.

So, I got it and I started looking into it and damn if there isn't this learning curve like all the other DAW's. Out $5 and I NEED to study the App too. Incredible. It's just like every other DAW. Complex and not like any other DAW so...

The Menus are involved and I either need to watch videos, read documents or just keep poking options until I can figure it out. For the $20 I just have just played all the demo's and I'll put this one on my list of Apps I own that I need to understand why.

I think it's because I can mix samples with Oscillators to make slightly different acoustic instruments. Like mixing a synth with RC275 but I have 30 synths and RC75 and AUM/AB3 so... still searching for a use case. I need to buy some more FX just to feel better about that %5.

My time might be better spent on digging into Auria Pro and spending money on more FabFilters plug-ins... just as soon as they go on sale again. They are really expensive but nothing is quite lie

Anything over $10 has to be on sale so that I don't keep spending $200/month on apps I don't have there time to learn.

• @ecou: see Jakob Haq's extensive tour of its Obsidian synth and look through the long thread discussing NS2's release.

• tjatja
    edited February 2019

And to divert the topic a bit, what the heck is a domino pizza?

The only type of pizza I eat, is the basic version, Pizza Margherita!
    Well done, this is all you need and the best of them all.
    :) :) :)

And well done means thin and crispy and only with tomato, mozarella cheese and oregano.

OH My God.

It costs between 7 and 12 Euro, depending where you buy and how good it is.

• @MonzoPro said:

@InfoCheck said:

People such as @MonzoPro get no sympathy from me when they express buyers remorse over an app that’s now on sale. If you don’t like some of the user posts in response to when you express those sentiments, you could avoid them by keeping them to yourself.

Do you actually own this app, or have you just jumped in to stir things up again?

I didn't notice anyone criticising me when I said great things about the app. When I bigged it up and said how good it was and convinced others to buy it. As you seem to have assumed the role of Forum God - is it your decree that members are only permitted to say positive things, and that anything other than glowing praise should be 'kept to themselves'?

Serious question - I need to know what I'm allowed to say.

I’m not sure when expressing a lack of sympathy over buyer’s remorse due to a post purchase app sale became synonymous with deity. Say whatever you want to say, I know I do.

Anybody can decide to stay on the fence or wait for a sale as long as they want or until the app is no longer available. If this becomes too nerve wracking perhaps they could delegate app purchases to someone else and take the decision making out of their hands?

I did buy the app for $30 when it first came out and it doesn’t bother me that it’s on sale now for $20.

I don’t envy developers who have to deal with user’s app expectations including the psychology of app sales especially for those developers I believe have put a lot of time and effort into their app. Unfortunately, life isn’t always fair. Sometimes it falls in our favor and sometimes it doesn’t despite our best efforts.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@WillieNegus said:

@klownshed said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

That cracked me up. 😂

• @ecou said:
    So many post about NS2. What is notable about it?

If you already have cubasis and enjoy it then NS2 brings nothing new.

• @wim said:
    Yeh, hope u ignore the pissy chest thumpers and stick around @MonzoPro. AB forum without horse gas would be like a Dominos pizza without diet root beer. ;)

How could I possibly leave after receiving such a wonderful compliment!

They don’t get rid of me that easily. Round two!

• @InfoCheck said:

@MonzoPro said:

@InfoCheck said:

People such as @MonzoPro get no sympathy from me when they express buyers remorse over an app that’s now on sale. If you don’t like some of the user posts in response to when you express those sentiments, you could avoid them by keeping them to yourself.

Do you actually own this app, or have you just jumped in to stir things up again?

I didn't notice anyone criticising me when I said great things about the app. When I bigged it up and said how good it was and convinced others to buy it. As you seem to have assumed the role of Forum God - is it your decree that members are only permitted to say positive things, and that anything other than glowing praise should be 'kept to themselves'?

I’m not sure when expressing a lack of sympathy over buyer’s remorse due to a post purchase app sale became synonymous with deity. Say whatever you want to say, I know I do.

Anybody can decide to stay on the fence or wait for a sale as long as they want or until the app is no longer available. If this becomes too nerve wracking perhaps they could delegate app purchases to someone else and take the decision making out of their hands?

I did buy the app for $30 when it first came out and it doesn’t bother me that it’s on sale now for $20.

I don’t envy developers who have to deal with user’s app expectations including the psychology of app sales especially for those developers I believe have put a lot of time and effort into their app. Unfortunately, life isn’t always fair. Sometimes it falls in our favor and sometimes it doesn’t despite our best efforts.

Oh I get all that of course, and I get your detachment to any feelings I have about being out of pocket. Sympathy eh? Who needs it?

What irks is your previous suggestion that I should ‘keep all this to myself’, an insinuation that I should expect pages of personal attacks and snide comments because I made a negative comment about the timing of a sale.

One negative comment, amongst probably 50 positive ones, none of which received any criticism whatsoever.

Funny that.

One criticism on the timing of a sale, and suddenly I’m a target for shitty comments. Forget the Tweets, reTweets, messages to friends with links to the App Store, Facebook posts, telling mates to get it down the pub. Forget the time I spent on here answering fence sitter queries and the positive feedback I posted. The 5 star review.

No sympathy. I brought this all on myself because I queried the timing of a sale. I DESERVED IT (my emphasis).

Is that the sort of forum you want to be on? One where everyone’s lined up with fake, cheeses grins nodding, saying everything is wonderful, everything is awesome? One where anyone querying an apps pricing or performance is hounded off? It’s happened before. We’ve lost good guys on here.

No. I’m not going to keep my opinions to myself. If I think something is great I’ll say it’s great. If I’m pissed off at losing a tenner due to a badly timed sale I’ll post a moan.

And if I get snarky personal comments in return it won’t be because I brought it on myself. It’ll be because the people making those comments are assholes.

• edited February 2019

@hansjbs said:

@ecou said:
    So many post about NS2. What is notable about it?

If you already have cubasis and enjoy it then NS2 brings nothing new.

I would say "if you are not missing anything in Cubasis then it's no reason to look at NS2" Same as any other DAW :))..

NS2 definitely has some features which are not present in Cubasis, some even not available in any other iOS DAW. Of course, to make things clear from beginning - there are also some features which are not available in NS at the moment, which are present in other DAWs (some are on todo list - audio tracks, time-stretching, sample loops slicing, stuff like that ) ..

So it's always just about your personal needs, what you are missing. If you are missing nothing, then you have really no reason to consider NS2, it would be wasting of your money and time :)

just brief list of some features where NS2 is shining, if you're really interested :-)

• unlimited number of sends
    • unlimited number of insert FX
    • possibility to save whole insert FX chain and load it on other channel (or Cubasis does have such feature ? not sure)
    • unlimited number of group channels (including multiple levels of groups, virtually limited just visually by UI so of course you cannot add infinite number of group levels :))
    • in sampler possibility to modulate / automate sample start (very cool feature, i'm not aware of any other iOS sampler capable of this, but i may be wrong)
    • lot better file management compared to Cubasis (althougt of course if you use Apple Files for managing all your files it doesn't make difference)
    • better build in audio editor (especially for precise cuts, duplicate, super fast fine tuning of sample loop area)
    • sequencer precision ( PPQN - 48 in Cubasis, 4096 Nanostudio)
    • track lanes (multiple "instances" of same track in sequencer), even possibility to have multiple clips(patterns) on same track
    • per pattern instrument automation (so all you instrument automations are moved with your pattern notes - in Cubasis when you move pattern with notes, you need move automation manually)
    • more mixdown/export options (especially 32 bit floating point format, available just in AUM, or exporting just soloed track, top level tracks in group hierarchy)
    • time signature track and tempo track - tempo track also with ramping for continuous tempo changes
    • very CPU efficient but still above average sounding build in FX - this makes for me personally big difference, i'm able to used many many insert FXs like EQs, compressors, filters, choruses, phasers, overdrives even on my old iPad Air 1

very unique feature also not available in any other app (not just daw) on iOS is spectral sample loop mode in Sampler - great for creating ew textures from any sample, it calculates frequency spectrum of any sample - even some loop or part of song and then generates "perfect loop" from that spectrum. Something like this guy is here making manually with some outboard, just NS2 does all this automatically, you cust load any sample, press button, done :)
    It's something like this guy is doing in this video with external reverb, just in NS2 it's build in in sampler and it does all that job automatically - you just load any kind of sample, even "unloopable", then you just hit single button, done:)

then lot of UI details but it's hard to list them all .. i like for exampel this overview screen where i can see all intrument tracks in my project at one place, quickly change volume, solo/mute any of them or jump into tha track - this view is accessible from all app screens, it's very handy:

another UI example - way to "collapse" child track of some group channel, very handy in final mixing phase where i want concentrate just to top level group track like "drums", "leads", "pads", "fxs", etc .. but if i need by single tap i can immediately expand them

Lot of such smart details and workflow boosters - but as i said - this is very much stuff which you may or may not appreciated, it very depends of how much complex music you make (how many tracks, sends, routings, etc ..), what are your habits, what is the way you are doing things .. so this is already very subjective area ..

If you have any particular questions for some area, feel free to ask..

• @McD said:

@MonzoPro said:

You may say what ever you believe. Just be prepared for someone to comment.

"I paid $30 last week and now it's on sale for $20. Pisses me off."

You should be pissed off. Fair enough. I get that. I would be too but..this this happens to someone every time an app is discounted. What is your solution?

Comments are fine, unless they contain insults. Some did, hence my ‘emotional’ response. When you’ve got 20 people responding and tagging you, you get backed into a corner. It happens on here occasionally, not just to me. Some don’t make it out again.

Anyway. Solution. If you read through the previous pages you’ll see I already answered this. It’s not about the sale, it’s about the timing.

To respond to several comments about ‘five pages of crying’, it’s because people don’t read the whole thread, and I end up answering the same question five times. Makes it look worse than it is, but what can you do eh?

It’s hard work in this corner, step up your game and read the previous replies before jumping in.

• @Sonicflux said:
    >
    You just criticized me for insulting you, and then insulted me. Your talents know no bounds. I thought you left in a huff three pages ago.

I didn’t insult you. Nowhere in my reply did I call you a brain-dead troll motherfucker. I never called you a shit-stirring twat. And I certainly did not call you a cunt.

I wouldn’t do that, as it would be exceptionally rude, and I’m trying to be the better guy here.

I’m still here because like others you tagged me, and called me a ‘drama queen’. Maybe I am, but I don’t need you sneaking into a thread you were not previously involved in, just to call me names. And yes I’ve checked your history - you’re not shy on, shall we say, getting into ‘robust exchanges’. So EVEN IF I DID insult you, which I didn’t, I’m sure you’d take it on the chin.

Still fwends?

This discussion has been closed.