Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 on sale

Comments

• @drez said:
    I’ve put probably 100ish hours into NS2. That means if I stopped using it right now, I would have invested 30 cents an hour to work on music. If I bought it at the discount, it’s 20 cents.

Personally, I feel like my own time invested over 100 hours is far and away more expensive than either of those amounts so the difference is negligible. If somebody said “sit in an empty room and do nothing at all and I’ll pay you 20 cents an hour” would you do it? No? how about I sweeten the deal and give you 30 cents an hour? No?

My time is worth something and for me to invest (because that’s what I’m really doing when I buy anything at all) such a small amount of money to make that time even more valuable because I’m doing something I really enjoy seems like a good deal to me. It’s just not enough money in the long term to even think twice about.

Excellent post, really given me something to think about.

• Wait, NS2 isn’t Audiobus compatible? I miss something?

• Just a word of caution when going to the App Store to purchase this... I almost mistakenly bought the similarly-named (but of course completely different) NannyState 2. It is a subscription app that takes $50 out of each paycheck and monitors your every activity. Whew, close call! :D

• edited February 2019

@drez said:
    If somebody said “sit in an empty room and do nothing at all and I’ll pay you 20 cents an hour” would you do it?

John Cage could have made a song or two out of that....

• @purpan2 said:

@drez said:
    If somebody said “sit in an empty room and do nothing at all and I’ll pay you 20 cents an hour” would you do it?

John Cage could have made a song or two out of that....

That kind of peace does sound quite appealing right now... 😂

• edited February 2019

please give me your apple id, i will send you 10€ voucher. Not joking, i mean it seriously.
    Let's then pretend you bought it with discount ;)

(it's my personal decision, it has nothing to do with matt or with fact that i'm in NS beta team - just want make you less pissed of ;)

• @dendy said:

please give me your apple id, i will send you 10€ voucher. Not joking, i mean it seriously.
    Let's then pretend you bought it with discount ;)

(it's my personal decision, it has nothing to do with matt or with fact that i'm in NS beta team - just want make you less pissed of ;)

You might want to PM him. In his last post he said he was going to leave this thread.

• Cheese and rice. Ya Monzo... I will give you 10$ so you can’t stop crying.

• ah ok will do it thanks

• @Eye0sStudios said:
    Cheese and rice. Ya Monzo... I will give you 10$ so you can’t stop crying.

Dammit. I was first. :lol:

• Monzo: Shit, man, just my luck to have bought that one app that supposed to never go on sale the very week before it goes on sale!

[Voice of Morgan Freeman emerges from burning bush]: Your personal experience is incorrect!

• @Eye0sStudios said:
    Cheese and rice. Ya Monzo... I will give you 10$ so you can’t stop crying.

We could crowdfund him. I would throw some bucks into the pot as well, if he stops being grumpy then lol

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

I’m just happy for the peeps that get to take advantage of the discount. And for the ones who get to have it now that wouldn’t or couldn’t have bought it yet. B)

• I still can’t afford it.
    Can someone send me $20?
    ;)

• I> @richardyot said:

My guess is that initial sales were somewhat disappointing, partly because the current App Store climate is nothing like it was when NS1 was first launched (it's much harder to achieve significant sales now compared to back then).

I agree with this. NS2 is a awesome, but no a gamechanger to sell it to a lot of users.

I use a lot, but NS2 is not AB/AUM.

My feeling after the release is that a lot of supporters expected a revolution from ios users. But NS2 doesn’t have this power.

• @OnfraySin said:
    I> @richardyot said:

My guess is that initial sales were somewhat disappointing, partly because the current App Store climate is nothing like it was when NS1 was first launched (it's much harder to achieve significant sales now compared to back then).

I agree with this. NS2 is a awesome, but no a gamechanger to sell it to a lot of users.

My feeling after the release is that a lot of supporters expected a revolution from ios users. But NS2 doesn’t have this power.

Uh, oh. Now you've done it.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@OnfraySin said:
    I> @richardyot said:

Uh, oh. Now you've done it.

Hey, NS2 is my DAW on ios, but I can think rationality. NS2 has a lack of key features for a lot of users.

But....for example, all of us are waiting Drambo, because is another thing

• @MonzoPro said:
    I have to be honest, this really pisses me off.

I feel your pain. I've done this a lot... bad timing is my middle name and I was the drummer.

I've been waiting for the sale but %33... still not sure. If the IAP's are discounted maybe today. No one has replied yet on that score.

Just be aware that honesty is not the safest approach on a forum.

I, for example, to be honest, hate judgmental assholes. I would like to have all judgmental assholes rounded up and put them on busses to Europe. I haven't been there since the 70's. I hear they have history and culture unlike the colonies. We just buried the history and stole the culture of the original residents. I'm sure wed have great arguments... all being assholes and all.

• @Mull said:
    Wait, NS2 isn’t Audiobus compatible? I miss something?

Till yet not but it's on the way. Soon.

• @McD said:
    I, for example, to be honest, hate judgmental assholes. I would like to have all judgmental assholes rounded up and put them on busses to Europe.

No thanks! We have enough of them already. Then again, if you send them on busses they'll drown in the Atlantic Ocean...so go ahead... :)

• Holly crap. Does anything make people here happy anymore? An app goes on sale and people are complaining. Clothes go on sale, food goes on sale, cars go on sale everything that's sold goes on sale. If you bought the app and are using it and making something with it you've got your money's worth. Now I know why some developers i chat with feel the way they feel.

• @dendy said:

@Mull said:
    Wait, NS2 isn’t Audiobus compatible? I miss something?

Till yet not but it's on the way. Soon.

Will keep an eye out. When NS3 came out, April was the predicted date for audio tracks? Or was it March? Any inkling if that's still on target?

• @lasselu said:
    Then again, if you send them on busses they'll drown in the Atlantic Ocean...so go ahead... :)

Not true. Assholes generate enough hot air and methane so the busses float. The methane is an infinite source of fuel.

• @hansjbs said:
    Holly crap. Does anything make people here happy anymore?

Change is a request for anger.

We are NOT a group mind. We are more like molecules under pressure. We bounce off one another and create stream. Developers are wise to avoid getting in the middle of the pot. Just tap the steam for income and energy for writing more code.

• McDMcD
    edited February 2019

Does anyone know what the IAP's cost yesterday?

Acoutics IAP"s are $7 today. will they be the same in a month?

or 33% higher?

• edited February 2019

To be honest, right now is probably a great time for NS2 to go on sale - and I bet Matt’s sales statistics led him to exactly this conclusion.

Surely all the serious ios musicians picked it up in the first week anyway, and have already ploughed tens - if not hundreds - of hours into it (and enjoyed every minute)

The entire devoted Beatmaker community (of which I count myself) watched our beloved app go completely free during NAMM last year (summer 2018) and we didn’t moan as much as some in this thread.

Here’s a little story: I was a beta tester for Audioveek’s MIDI Tools (fantastic app), and refused to buy it at the discount price of .99 when it launched. I’ve only just bought it today, at full price - since I did not feel I was part of the audience his discount was aimed at - and also wanted to pay the deserved full price. (To be honest, I think it’s still too cheap!)

• Paid full price at launch.

I got what I paid for.

No regrets. I hope the sale encourages more people to buy so the developer can keep adding to the great app and hopefully walk away a bit happy for doing so.

• edited February 2019

@McD said:
    Does anyone know what the IAP's cost yesterday?

Acoutics IAP"s are $7 today. will they be the same in a month?

or 33% higher?

I believe these are the usual prices. Not 100% sure, but that’s my instinct.

• @tk32 said:
    To be honest, right now is probably a great time for NS2 to go on sale - and I bet Matt’s sales statistics led him to exactly this conclusion.

Surely all the serious ios musicians picked it up in the first week anyway, and have already ploughed tens - if not hundreds - of hours into it (and enjoyed every minute)

The entire devoted Beatmaker community (of which I count myself) watched our beloved app go completely free during NAMM last year (summer 2018) and we didn’t moan as much as some in this thread.

Indeed. If you buy anything at whatever the price it is and chose to do that, then the price was fair because...you bought it! You weighed the pros and cons and invested in it. Good for you, good for the developer. What could be bad about that?

These threads seem to always go down this same path when anything goes on sale.

• edited February 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Will keep an eye out. When NS3 came out, April was the predicted date for audio tracks? Or was it March? Any inkling if that's still on target?

Audio tracks are planed later this year. It's basically one of main milestones for this year, to make it properly. Ecerybody knows Matt, he doesn't accept half baked solutions, priority is always make it perfect, better later but rock solid and super smart :-)

For now more close milestones are

• initial bugfixes and improvements - mostly related to AU/AUfx - but also smaller tweaks in other app areas based on customers feedback, requests, reports on NS forums
    • audiobus in/out
    • iphone version
    • then race to audio tracks

Matt is always cautious in giving any exact deadlines, to avoid later dissapointment, but i'm sure this year will be amazing in terms of progress of NS. I wish i can say more, but i can't . There are big things ahead, i'm sure "investment" in NS in form of buying it is good decision.

This discussion has been closed.