Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - February 2019

Comments

• @Eriko said:

My entry this time around.

@bedheadproducer said:

@Eriko said:

@audiblevideo said:

@bedheadproducer said:
    I skipped a month in January. Didn't mean to vanish, just had some crazy life shit to handle. Here is my Febuary Submission.

I LOVE your guitar playing!!

Yes, at first I wanted to skip the entire song because of it, but it kept me listening. Great skills!

I’m a bit confused , you wanted to skip my song because he liked my playing or because it was guitar ? I’m assuming it’s the latter ? Either way it’s nestled in a bed of electronica, and anyone who knows my work knows I love synths almost as much as guitar ... but it turns out I can play guitar and synths I generally program ...so I have the most fun mixing both usually . Thanks for listening :)

It was the guitar that made me want to skip at first yes, I can be specific at times about what I like to listen to, but how you played it made me want to listen some more. So I attempted to compliment you but ended up confusing you. Sorry for that.

• @studs1966 said:
    Here’s my contribution for February... Enjoy guys...

Funky, tight production. I wish I was able to arrange and master like that. Sounds really professional!

• @enc said:
    My first ever entry in song of the month club. A dirty disco ditty inspired by a recent documentary I watched on "swinging" and the double lives some of the participants lead. I'td be cool if you could leave me some feed back ... don't worry I have broad shoulders and I'd rather hear the truth. So if you think it's too long or to short too repetitive, cheesy, mushy sound mix or just plain shit I'd like to know.. also if you like it that's cool too. :)

Good job. I think the spoken word samples add a lot of atmosphere to the track, and there are some nice sounds with the intro pad and the bass line and especially the percussion sounds which I really liked.

Only crit from me is that I found the lead arp a bit relentless and would have liked some more varied lead sounds, or maybe just more variations with the arp. There's a good groove there though, and overall it was an interesting listen with good variety and dynamics.

• @Eriko said:

My entry this time around. Done in Nano Studio 2, with Obsidian, Slate and a bit of Bram Bos Ruismaker Noir and FAC Chorus.

For me personally it's a mixed bag - I found the Noir sounds a little abrasive to be honest and that did spoil the listen a little. The more melodic content provided a nice lift though, and those leads/pads were really nice. The bass line is really good, and has a great groove. I just wasn't mad on the Noir percussion, especially as it's present throughout the track and doesn't change or evolve.

• Here's a little something I finished last week for the Beatmaker3 monthly battles (Intua forum). There are still some technical issues -- it desperately needs further EQ, mixing and mastering work -- but I think it flows quite nicely for such a hastily-assembled monthly battle entry.

It's a remix of MAAD - Me & U

• @Eriko said:

@Eriko said:

My entry this time around.

@bedheadproducer said:

@Eriko said:

@audiblevideo said:

@bedheadproducer said:
    I skipped a month in January. Didn't mean to vanish, just had some crazy life shit to handle. Here is my Febuary Submission.

I LOVE your guitar playing!!

Yes, at first I wanted to skip the entire song because of it, but it kept me listening. Great skills!

I’m a bit confused , you wanted to skip my song because he liked my playing or because it was guitar ? I’m assuming it’s the latter ? Either way it’s nestled in a bed of electronica, and anyone who knows my work knows I love synths almost as much as guitar ... but it turns out I can play guitar and synths I generally program ...so I have the most fun mixing both usually . Thanks for listening :)

It was the guitar that made me want to skip at first yes, I can be specific at times about what I like to listen to, but how you played it made me want to listen some more. So I attempted to compliment you but ended up confusing you. Sorry for that.

no no, thanks for your kind words and for listening and for explaining. I'm not insulted at all...guitar can be an acquired taste and there are people that make it hurt your ears and some that make stuff that's cool. I have the same objection to many songs with guitar and I don't need music to have guitar in it to enjoy it. So, thank you again very much...that means a lot that it's generally not your cup of tea but I managed to get you to listen more...
    I liked your submission as well, it was a nice listen...actually was anxious at first ...life stuff and it calmed me down and made me feel good. Isn't music grand?

• Different kind of song for my second contribution. This one shows more of my indie rock background. Looking forward to listening to all of yours this weekend and providing feedback! Please let me know your thoughts!

• @studs1966 said:

@enc said:
    My first ever entry in song of the month club. A dirty disco ditty inspired by a recent documentary I watched on "swinging" and the double lives some of the participants lead. I'td be cool if you could leave me some feed back ... don't worry I have broad shoulders and I'd rather hear the truth. So if you think it's too long or to short too repetitive, cheesy, mushy sound mix or just plain shit I'd like to know.. also if you like it that's cool too. :)

Well unfortunately I couldn’t watch @bedheadproducer YouTube video, but managed to watch yours... Love it mate, the video.. Goes well together.... Only one eitty bitty thing I would advice, is if you are making a track like this, it may be wise to break down the song around every 20 to 30 seconds, then build it up again (I use to do the same thing too).. Then change the direction of sound... Even in instrumental track, you still need a intro verse Chorus, Bridge... More so on instrumentals.. When you have someone singing, the vocal help keep the Brain occupied while listening, other wise the brain gets bored with the same sound after a while in instrumentals... Not a criticism, just a suggestion... ;)

Thanks very much studds .. feedback taken on board.

• @Eriko said:

@enc said:

Nice track. Like the energy. You should check out https://www.youtube.com/user/AreFriendsEletcric

@Eriko said:

>

Cheers dude. I am familier with the guys work. He has some interesting and obscure stuff.

• @richardyot said:

@enc said:

Good job. I think the spoken word samples add a lot of atmosphere to the track, and there are some nice sounds with the intro pad and the bass line and especially the percussion sounds which I really liked.

Only crit from me is that I found the lead arp a bit relentless and would have liked some more varied lead sounds, or maybe just more variations with the arp. There's a good groove there though, and overall it was an interesting listen with good variety and dynamics.

You are bang on re the original sequence. I thought somebody might pick up on it.
    Thanks for the crit, it's very useful.

• First submission! I've been dabbling with apps for a couple years now, but never got to making a song as opposed to just making sounds. NanoStudio 2's workflow somehow let me break through and make an ambient sort of tune. The apps used were ReSlice (with a sample of me playing electric guitar), Ruismaker Noir, elsa, SynthScaper LE, EoS2, and Kosmonaut. I used Audio Mastering to finalize, but I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what I was doing with it...

You all have some great songs this month; kudos! I'm looking forward to your feedback.

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month. Composed in Nanostudio 2, Vocals and final mix in Auria:

nice track ! i would have liked the vocal in earlier and worked out a chorus. the lead melody imo would have benefited from double tracking with another sound.... maybe ?

• @moff said:
    Gadged gangsters here :*

quite busy!? maybe let the sequences and drums breathe and have chance to build a bit?

• @studs1966 said:
    Here’s my contribution for February... Enjoy guys...

very pro... as usual. whats your workflow dude ?

• encenc
    edited February 2019

de

• @bedheadproducer said:

not my thing but no denying you can play guitar :)

• @Eriko said:

My entry this time around. Done in Nano Studio 2, with Obsidian, Slate and a bit of Bram Bos Ruismaker Noir and FAC Chorus.

this gets my voyte for "song" of the month. its been mentioned the drums need work .. id let them flow a bit more without so many drops. very Jam & spoon vibe to this. love it.

• @tk32 said:
    Here's a little something I finished last week for the Beatmaker3 monthly battles (Intua forum). There are still some technical issues -- it desperately needs further EQ, mixing and mastering work -- but I think it flows quite nicely for such a hastily-assembled monthly battle entry.

It's a remix of MAAD - Me & U

im not familiar with the origianl track .. i checked it out after listening to your remix... think i prefer your version. i was listening on ,y studio monitors and i thought it needs a bit more bass but listening through headphones the bass is there. nice work

• encenc
    edited February 2019

@marmakin said:
    Different kind of song for my second contribution. This one shows more of my indie rock background. Looking forward to listening to all of yours this weekend and providing feedback! Please let me know your thoughts!

pleasant enough but for me the guitar is a bit relentless... the track is only 2.30 so extend the track and break the guitar sections up a bit. ... check out Sad Day by Blancmange

• @PFAUX said:
    First submission! I've been dabbling with apps for a couple years now, but never got to making a song as opposed to just making sounds. NanoStudio 2's workflow somehow let me break through and make an ambient sort of tune. The apps used were ReSlice (with a sample of me playing electric guitar), Ruismaker Noir, elsa, SynthScaper LE, EoS2, and Kosmonaut. I used Audio Mastering to finalize, but I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what I was doing with it...

You all have some great songs this month; kudos! I'm looking forward to your feedback.

just as i was beginnibg to drift a little near the end i was brought back by the unexpected twist. this i like.

• Oops, I‘m late. Just finished this way too long, way to cheesy, old-fashioned track. Done completely in Korg Gadget:

• @marmakin said:
    Different kind of song for my second contribution. This one shows more of my indie rock background. Looking forward to listening to all of yours this weekend and providing feedback! Please let me know your thoughts!

Really like the guitar, beautifully phrased and beautifully played. This track is crying out for some vocals, I can just imagine Thom Yorke wailing over the top of this. Lovely job.

• @PFAUX said:
    First submission! I've been dabbling with apps for a couple years now, but never got to making a song as opposed to just making sounds. NanoStudio 2's workflow somehow let me break through and make an ambient sort of tune. The apps used were ReSlice (with a sample of me playing electric guitar), Ruismaker Noir, elsa, SynthScaper LE, EoS2, and Kosmonaut. I used Audio Mastering to finalize, but I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what I was doing with it...

Nice track, I like the subtle and gentle melody and the quiet and laid-back vibe. Nice ending too :)

PS: I don't think this is what's meant be feedback BTW:

@PFAUX said:
    You all have some great songs this month;

• edited February 2019

My Entry of the Month

I Hope you like it

• edited February 2019

• edited February 2019
    https://soundcloud.com/trackedout/smokin
  • edited February 2019
    L
  • edited February 2019