Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vcs3, Model 15

I was wondering how similar vcs3 and Moog Model 15 are--is there something about the sound or architecture of the vcs3 that make it a worthwhile investment if you already have Model 15?

Comments

• edited February 2019

15€/$ is not an investment...is a beer.

For me, there are two different beasts, not sharing anything in common and two of the most jamming apps on iOS

• In my opinion, they are two very good and accurate emulations of classic hardware. They are two entirely different beasts. There is some overlap of course, but I think they both sound different.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    In my opinion, they are two very good and accurate emulations of classic hardware. They are two entirely different beasts. There is some overlap of course, but I think they both sound different.

+1
    I would never touch vcs3 for tipical synth sound, but it's great for fx sounds, distant background noises, also its architecture kinda pushes you toward that end.
    M15 on the other hand can rarely stay put in the background.
    IMO they complement each other well, but vcs3 requires more time at least for me.

• edited February 2019

@recccp said:

I would never touch vcs3 for tipical synth sound, but it's great for fx sounds, distant background noises, also its architecture kinda pushes you toward that end.

that's about to change when I release Polythemus next week - it enables iVCS3 (or indeed any au sound source) AU to play polyphonically.
    Polythemus is basically a voice allocation AU that takes a midi chord or arp say & splits it to different output channels - to which you can attach AU instruments. I'm working with James Cosby on this (so hoping he will create a new bank of patches for polyphonic ivcs3).

• @midiSequencer said:

@recccp said:

that's about to change when I release Polythemus next week - it enables iVCS3 (or indeed any au sound source) AU to play polyphonically.
    Polythemus is basically a voice allocation AU that takes a midi chord or arp say & splits it to different output channels - to which you can attach AU instruments. I'm working with James Cosby on this (so hoping he will create a new bank of patches for polyphonic ivcs3).

Do tell more please! :)
    How you going to achieve that?

• Ahha, I see... that will be useful to "chain" mono hw synths too...
    Cool!

• @recccp said:
    Ahha, I see... that will be useful to "chain" mono hw synths too...
    Cool!

yes can work on external equipment too if you can afford to double up on those.

• splits it to different output channels
    Can it split between multiple ports too?

• aum only really, unless any other daw supports multiple cable outputs (audiobus doesnt i think)

• @midiSequencer said:

@recccp said:
    Ahha, I see... that will be useful to "chain" mono hw synths too...
    Cool!

yes can work on external equipment too if you can afford to double up on those.

Nah... but a supersaw from all saw sources I've got. :D

• @recccp said:
    Nah... but a supersaw from all saw sources I've got. :D

that would be interesting it handles up to 8 voices

• @espiegel123 said:
    I was wondering how similar vcs3 and Moog Model 15 are--is there something about the sound or architecture of the vcs3 that make it a worthwhile investment if you already have Model 15?

They are different. Different distortion characteristics, different envelope subtleties. The vcs3 sound would be described by some as less controlled/controllable, more organic. David Cockerell designed some great instruments.

Both synths useable, both fun.