Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LINK(Start/Stop) controlling Circuit

Has anyone gotten any apps to start stop Circuit via the LINK SYNC stop/start feature?

Might as well throw Cubasis in the same question.

If so which and the settings.

Thanks

Comments

• edited February 2019

Not sure if you’re using it but Audiobus 3 beta does it with ease.

• edited February 2019

It actually works with Virtual Midi unticked.

And of course remember to turn on the two far right buttons for sync in circuit’s settings.

• @supadom said:
    It actually works with Virtual Midi unticked.

And of course remember to turn on the two far right buttons for sync in circuit’s settings.

Thanks Man!

I always used MacBook;Ableton to stop start hardware and never really tried iOS stop start.

• edited February 2019

I don’t know how much you’ve been following the latest AB3 developments but in the last couple of months its functionality has gone through the roof. Now that I’ve discovered I can launch AB3 presets using Circuits session button it’s like some kind of parallel universe. I have also streamlined my rig to 3 apps plus streambyter which is close to redundant. It’s never been so good.

• @supadom said:
    I don’t know how much you’ve been following the latest AB3 developments but in the last couple of months its functionality has gone through the roof. Now that I’ve discovered I can launch AB3 presets using Circuits session button it’s like some kind of parallel universe. I have also streamlined my rig to 3 apps plus streambyter which is close to redundant. It’s never been so good.

Wow.

I am so happy.

I got Circuit hooked up tonight great.

I also have to watch as do you I supposed on beta versions of AUM or AB3 and saving how about...such and such....realizing not out yet....LOL

• @supadom That is a nice (advanced) setup, I know you are a bit of a ace at Loopy. I recon you have put it quite a few hours there. I never personally have got on well with any loopers but with the latest AB3 midi upgrade Im going in for another try with Loopy which feels very badly ignored for its huge power.
    If you have time would you mind explaining a couple of things about your setup?
    What effects are you using in Turnado A, B and C and
    A bit about your loopy setup, just really why you have three different channels going to Turnado B and also why the microphone with and without effects (these are your loop recorders) I dont think I need the details of your midi triggers/programming but Im sure Im not the only one who must be curious.
    This latest AB midi thing, surely someone is going to use the G word soon!

• Hey @Richtowns. I don’t have time right now to go into much detail but just to quickly answer a few of your question:

Lane 1 Samplr into Turnado

Lane 2, 3 loops from Loopy going into Turnado. For simplicity I generally use 6 Loopy loops. I keep 3 clean and 3 run through Turnado for post fader effect mangling. I’ve done this since time immemorial and it’s just stuck. Before Turnado went AUV3 I used to run Samplr and 3 Loopy loops into one Turnado Instance. We don’t know how good we have it now ;)

Lane 4 is for line in microphone for vocals.

Lane 5 is just a guitar input. I’ve moved from ToneStack to a hardware guitar multieffect pedal to gain some CPU headroom but also in case Ipad craps out on me I can keep playing the guitar alongside Circuit and finish the song.

I’m currently using Korg nanaopad 2 and nanokontrol 1 and Boss FC50 on the floor. Akai EIE red interface and Novation Circuit for all synth action. I have bop pad plugged in waiting for Drambo but time will tell if it stays as I wouldn’t drop a live drummer for anything. :)

Ah, I know I’m overly excited about this but launching AB3 sessions from Circuit has improved my stage workflow immensely.

• @supadom Thank you. That was complete enough for me.
    Im defo going to try and get a little ‘live jam recorder’ station setup. I have the nanocontrol 1 which is pretty powerful with its pages an a circuit which is devine.
    Getting the remaining small things ironed out like everything synced and all starting on the press of one button makes everyone excited. We are also much more stable nowadays. God bless you ios devs.
    I must admit I was 100% AUM before but Im back on AB again now.

• @supadom said:
    Hey @Richtowns. I don’t have time right now to go into much detail but just to quickly answer a few of your question:

Lane 2, 3 loops from Loopy going into Turnado. For simplicity I generally use 6 Loopy loops. I keep 3 clean and 3 run through Turnado for post fader effect mangling. I’ve done this since time immemorial and it’s just stuck. Before Turnado went AUV3 I used to run Samplr and 3 Loopy loops into one Turnado Instance. We don’t know how good we have it now ;)

Lane 5 is just a guitar input. I’ve moved from ToneStack to a hardware guitar multieffect pedal to gain some CPU headroom but also in case Ipad craps out on me I can keep playing the guitar alongside Circuit and finish the song.

I’m currently using Korg nanaopad 2 and nanokontrol 1 and Boss FC50 on the floor. Akai EIE red interface and Novation Circuit for all synth action. I have bop pad plugged in waiting for Drambo but time will tell if it stays as I wouldn’t drop a live drummer for anything. :)

Ah, I know I’m overly excited about this but launching AB3 sessions from Circuit has improved my stage workflow immensely.

What controller do you use for Turnado?

I found that damn little cheap wireless AKAI is my ace for Turnado and things like that.

8 knobs, 8 pads, x 2 pages.

It was like $40

• @RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:
    Hey @Richtowns. I don’t have time right now to go into much detail but just to quickly answer a few of your question:

What controller do you use for Turnado?

I found that damn little cheap wireless AKAI is my ace for Turnado and things like that.

8 knobs, 8 pads, x 2 pages.

It was like $40

Knobs and sliders on Korg Nanokontrol 1 but I used to use mpk mini and it worked just as well. I guess any old knob will do ;). Bluetooth latency shouldn’t be much of an issue either.

I find that with more instances of Turnado it is best to carefully program dictator to one know rather than having all of the knobs/sliders individually. It also gives more random/cool/unexpected results.

• @Richtowns said:
    @supadom Thank you. That was complete enough for me.
    Im defo going to try and get a little ‘live jam recorder’ station setup. I have the nanocontrol 1 which is pretty powerful with its pages an a circuit which is devine.
    Getting the remaining small things ironed out like everything synced and all starting on the press of one button makes everyone excited. We are also much more stable nowadays. God bless you ios devs.
    I must admit I was 100% AUM before but Im back on AB again now.

Nanokontrol 1 trumps version 2 with its scenes. I have scene 2 transmitting on ch1 and 3 on Ch 2 so I can make some tweaks to circuit's synth sounds otherwise only accessible from the editor. Stuff like oscillator waves, pitch, portamento, filter modes etc. It is pretty handy when you are in the flow and don't want to interrupt it.
    Scene one is all loopy, Turnado and some most used circuit settings like reverb, delay and filter/resonance.
    I love this controller but the build quality is exactly stellar.