Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Humble Bundle: Computer Music (MIT Press)

edited February 2019 in Other

May be of interest to those who program or use digital stuffs to compose (2 days left)

1$
• Sonic Warfare
• VOICE: Vocal Aesthetics in Digital Arts and Media
• Music, Cognition, and Computerized Sound
• The Producer as Composer
• Music and Probability

–––––––
8$
• Sound Unbound: Sampling Digital Music and Culture
• Virtual Music: Computer Synthesis of Musical Style
• Playing with Sound: A Theory of Interacting with Sound and Music in Video Games
• Music and the Making of Modern Science
• Waves and Forms: Electronic Music Devices and Computer Encodings in China

–––––
15$
• The Audio Programming Book
• The Csound Book
• Digital Signatures: The Impact of Digitization on Popular Music Sound
• Composing Interactive Music: Techniques and Ideas Using Max
• The Origins of Musicality
• Machine Musicianship

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/computer-music-books

Comments

• This seems like a good deal considering how expensive some of these texts can be. Wish they had included Curtis Roads' The Computer Music Tutorial. For that matter, I wish he and MIT were ready to release the rumored coming refreshed version of it. I read somewhere that it was supposed to be released by now. Does anyone here know if some of these other books they're offering are interesting? Any 'classics' there? I'm sure they all have good info but many of them are likely dated considering how fast this technology evolves.

• edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @scadet said:
    This seems like a good deal considering how expensive some of these texts can be. Wish they had included Curtis Roads' The Computer Music Tutorial. For that matter, I wish he and MIT were ready to release the rumored coming refreshed version of it. I read somewhere that it was supposed to be released by now. Does anyone here know if some of these other books they're offering are interesting? Any 'classics' there? I'm sure they all have good info but many of them are likely dated considering how fast this technology evolves.

Your post sparked my interest in this book, the Curtis Roads website mentions that the revised edition is in the works: https://www.curtisroads.net/books/

I think I'll order it as soon as it's out.

• I have to say: no, none of those books at any price are interesting to me. But I can see how they would be to some people.

• Music and Probability sounds immense