Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Files App issue? When moving a file or folder the MOVE option is instead “Copy” anyone else?

Very annoying - Is it just me or is there something Iam missing? Annoying because it adds to my ipad storage.
Any tips - thanks in advance.
IOS 12.1.1
Had the same issue with files app iOS11 too though.

Comments

• It is by design. It basically copies when the target destination has different ownership or permissions from the source or if the target is another device. Similar to the way dragging files/folders on a desktop works.

• EDIT : it seems to be a issue with Documents App. Tried with few other apps and seems ok ..will check further Is there a way to make Documents App appear in the “on my ipad” location. As of now that and Audioshare are in the sidebar..I might try MOVE haha..
    Lets see what happens

• @espiegel123 said:
    It is by design. It basically copies when the target destination has different ownership or permissions from the source or if the target is another device. Similar to the way dragging files/folders on a desktop works.

Ok cheers That is weird as . The music apps are ok Just Documents App&Audioshare.

• You will need to copy first, then delete original files to keep your storage usage low.

• edited January 2019

@Janosax said:
    You will need to copy first, then delete original files to keep your storage usage low.

@Janosax Errrr yep thats why I made the post but cheers dude :-)

• edited January 2019

Tried to move the Documents/Audioshare app to “on my ipad” Never worked.

• Documents and AudioShare are File Provisers. That means that they act like connected disks, so you can only copy, not move. If it helps, a copy on iOS (and Macs using APFS) doesn’t take up any more space until you modify it.

So, you could keep the same sample in many folders, and it only takes up the space of one sample. If you never mod any of those copies, it’ll stay that way. They’re almost like aliases, in a way.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Documents and AudioShare are File Provisers. That means that they act like connected disks, so you can only copy, not move. If it helps, a copy on iOS (and Macs using APFS) doesn’t take up any more space until you modify it.

So, you could keep the same sample in many folders, and it only takes up the space of one sample. If you never mod any of those copies, it’ll stay that way. They’re almost like aliases, in a way.

@mistercharlie ok cheers for the info