Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi Recorder with E.Piano by KQ Dixie Dev.

The update dropped today with virtual midi support, I hope the dev makes the app AU and allows the midi recordings to be looped could become a useful midi recorder/ sender. KQ Dixie is AU so hopefully he can make this one the same.

Comments

• Cool! KQ Dixie was one of my favorite recently-new apps - great for auditioning DX7 patches and then assembling 32-patch banks to transfer to Volca FM. (Or just us them in iOS). Will definitely check this out.

• It's a good one and the price is right!

• It works better now, but I really wish it created separate tracks. Instead it combines all midi into a single track. Thanks

• I been talking to the dev and sounds like this is just a side project I asked him about AU implementation and midi looping the recordings. He said.

I don't want many features on the app because it should be free and small.
    Thanks for your feedback..

Sounds like he just keeping it out there basic which is a shame as it has potential to be a handy AU.

Hopefully Proton by @midiSequencer will fill that gap as a decent midi recorder I may be wrong.

• This works in slide over mode, which is pretty handy.
    :)

• @CracklePot said:
    This works in slide over mode, which is pretty handy.
    :)

Cool didn’t know that.

• How do I go about enabling the slide over feature? I have an iPad 2017 .

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I been talking to the dev and sounds like this is just a side project I asked him about AU implementation and midi looping the recordings. He said.

I don't want many features on the app because it should be free and small.
    Thanks for your feedback..

Sounds like he just keeping it out there basic which is a shame as it has potential to be a handy AU.

Hopefully Proton by @midiSequencer will fill that gap as a decent midi recorder I may be wrong.

Kinda silly... you have threads going on about how devs make no money. You have threads begging for a basic midi recorder. You have a free app that doesn’t do what people want, but if it did, people would actually pay for it...

How can all of these things exist at the same time? 😕

• I like it. It sounds great and the midi files export easily to audioshare. i’d only really want a metronome.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    How do I go about enabling the slide over feature? I have an iPad 2017 .

You start Midi Recorder, then with the main app you want to run (like Audiobus) in the foreground, you pull up the iOS taskbar. Drag the app icon for Midi Recorder up out of the taskbar, and toward the right screen edge. When you let go, it will be in slideover mode, letting you slide it in/out over Audiobus in a mini window.

• @MonkeyDrummer just shows everyone has different needs! Its best to be a dev so you can get those much needed features

• Thanks !

@CracklePot said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    How do I go about enabling the slide over feature? I have an iPad 2017 .

You start Midi Recorder, then with the main app you want to run (like Audiobus) in the foreground, you pull up the iOS taskbar. Drag the app icon for Midi Recorder up out of the taskbar, and toward the right screen edge. When you let go, it will be in slideover mode, letting you slide it in/out over Audiobus in a mini window.

• edited January 2019

This is cool, but agree a metronome would be a nice addition. You could probably clean it up a bit with quantization in a MIDI editor/DAW.

Also, does this work as a MIDI looper? I guess I'm thinking of how the Secret Base Design app "Infinite Looper" works, but this one is free and probably just meant as a simple recorder.

• @StormJH1 said:
    This is cool, but I'm not understanding what the recording clock does. I set it for a period of time, but then it just seems to continue recording until I hit stop anyway.

Agree that a metronome would be a nice addition. Also, does this work as a MIDI looper? I guess I'm thinking of how the Secret Base Design app "Infinite Looper" works, but this one is free and probably just meant as a simple recorder.

Yes could quite get what the recording clock does.

• @Jumpercollins said:

I'm a bimbo - after I posted that, I realized that I was setting it for 4 minutes instead of 4 seconds. It will stop the recording after a set period of time. It does work.

• I found it interesting that slide over allows you to use both apps! I don’t remember ever being able to do this.

@StormJH1 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I'm a bimbo - after I posted that, I realized that I was setting it for 4 minutes instead of 4 seconds. It will stop the recording after a set period of time. It does work.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I found it interesting that slide over allows you to use both apps! I don’t remember ever being able to do this.

@StormJH1 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Tones4Christ There is quite a few apps along with Audiobus 3 that allow for slide over mode I keep them in a separate folder in the dock for ease of use.