Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

need help setting up my iConnecMIDI2+ with my DAW and iPad Pro 2018 please!

I used to be able to use my iConnectMIDI2+ in my DAW where I would send MIDI out from a track to my iPad and receive audio back into my DAW and record. For some reason with my new iPad Pro (2018) it doesn't seem to work. Is anyone using the iConnectMIDI now and have this MIDI Audio thing worked out? Would love some enlightenment...

Comments

• edited January 2019

ccing the iConnect whisperer, @gonekrazy3000

• One step at a time. Is MIDI out to the iPad working? How about audio out to the DAW?

• @jigglypuff said:
    One step at a time. Is MIDI out to the iPad working? How about audio out to the DAW?

Thanks! I finally got this to work but I had to use a Hardware Instrument Bitwig device in order for the ports to show up to use. I'm not clear at all about why this is the case, but it is working now. I have a perfect loop going between my iPad and my DAW. I can send the iPad MIDI notes and record the returned audio and I can send MIDI from my iPad to Bitwig. The only thing I haven't tried is sending audio to the iPad from Bitwig.

• @gkillmaster said:

@jigglypuff said:
    One step at a time. Is MIDI out to the iPad working? How about audio out to the DAW?

Thanks! I finally got this to work but I had to use a Hardware Instrument Bitwig device in order for the ports to show up to use. I'm not clear at all about why this is the case, but it is working now. I have a perfect loop going between my iPad and my DAW. I can send the iPad MIDI notes and record the returned audio and I can send MIDI from my iPad to Bitwig. The only thing I haven't tried is sending audio to the iPad from Bitwig.

glad you got it sorted :) was away from the interweb the last 2 days hence my delayed response to my summons lol

• edited January 2019

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@gkillmaster said:

@jigglypuff said:

glad you got it sorted :) was away from the interweb the last 2 days hence my delayed response to my summons lol

Haha, thanks. Would love to hear how you use the iConnectMIDI if you are using with the iPad and or Bitwig!

• @gkillmaster said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@gkillmaster said:

@jigglypuff said:

Haha, thanks. Would love to hear how you use the iCoonectMIDI if you are using with the iPad and or Bitwig!

im actually using an ica4+ for various multichannel routings between Ableton Vcvrack and Ios. depends on what i need at that moment. i even feedback loop itunes back into ableton when i want to resample tracks from apple music.

• Vcvrack!? You are one step away from modular madness, my friend!