Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

behringer came to wipe the the floor with korg / Crave

edited January 2019 in Other
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Yes indeedy, I'm in at that price.

My first new bit of musical hardware in a LONG time.

My latest on call allowance accounted for, easy purchase.

• Looks great, but has anyone found a video demoing the patch bay? All the ones I've seen so far ignore it completely.

• edited January 2019

It’s only 149€/199$. Pretty crazy indeed. And I just bought a Moog Werkstatt for 150€.

I am wondering if Behringer does those clones only to generate some money to release their own products at low prices as well.

Stupid thread title though. Already starting the topic with such hostility. Something more neutral like „Behringer Crave - Semimodular for 150€“ would be more informative.

• @Zaubrer said:
    It’s only 149€/199$. Pretty crazy indeed. And I just bought a Moog Werkstatt for 150€.

I am wondering if Behringer does those clones only to generate some money to release their own products at low prices as well.

Stupid thread title though. Already starting the topic with such hostility. Something more neutral like „Behringer Crave - Semimodular for 150€“ would be more informative.

True, it doesn’t have to be either/or, it can be and.

Awaiting release date keenly.

• edited January 2019

Never thought 10 years ago I'd be craving a Behringer in 2019

• I mean, it’s definitely competitively priced. Although I feel like there are plenty of alternatives (software and hardware) for making basic subtractive synth sounds already. Granted the modular patching stuff separates it somewhat. But in reality I wonder how many sounds it can make with one oscillator, one modulation source, one envelope?

I say this as someone who’s falling off the hardware train and shedding gear so ya know, pinch of salt and that! I spend so much time in software now that I struggle to see the draw of a single osc subtractive synth, even if it is analogue, and cheap.

But yeah I mean don’t get me wrong. For the cost (and for as much as people crave all things analogue and/or modular) it’s obviously cool. And smart on Behringers part too.

• You see this midi transpose? This is the single most useful feature on the Crave, by a long chalk. If this midi transpose were also a feature of Fugue Machine, it’d make that highly useful too. But apparently it is impossible.

• I crave! Hope they’ve made enough of them to feed the hungry world.

• Behtinger is playing the punk rock, dumping pawn shop guitars and radio shack amps into the EDM world while the elders tap their toe along to the oldies...

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Behtinger is playing the punk rock, dumping pawn shop guitars and radio shack amps into the EDM world while the elders tap their toe along to the oldies...

Hell yeah. And nothing says punk rock like a synth salesman who looks like a vape store clerk/reddit moderator/cryptocurrency geek with a Dutch Masters goatee.

• @chimp_spanner said:
    I mean, it’s definitely competitively priced. Although I feel like there are plenty of alternatives (software and hardware) for making basic subtractive synth sounds already. Granted the modular patching stuff separates it somewhat. But in reality I wonder how many sounds it can make with one oscillator, one modulation source, one envelope?

I say this as someone who’s falling off the hardware train and shedding gear so ya know, pinch of salt and that! I spend so much time in software now that I struggle to see the draw of a single osc subtractive synth, even if it is analogue, and cheap.

Yeah, this is my perspective as well. However, i'm very happy to see something new and not just a clone of someone else's IP. Love all the patch points. Might be a very nice complement to some of my semi-mod gear.

But then again, I do have ios synths that are way more powerful and potentially interesting. See what I'm doing, I'm talking myself out of wanting this.

• looks and sounds great, but wondering if I might get bored of it quickly with one OSC. Nice price though :)

• I might cave and get a Crave... eventually. It’s hard to resist low prices and availability. Maybe when I see one in the dollar store next to the cheap smokes, dorcheetos, and pork rinds it’ll be impossible to resist. Or see it being hawked in the inevitable late night infomercial. Even though I’ll hate myself in the morning for indulging in such a tart. 😄

• can't see how a 1 osc/voice synth is better than a 4 voice with a load of wave choice and patch memory, other than being cheap. sounds lovely tho. i do find mono synths really limiting for playing. i'll pass, preferring to pay the extra and get an microfreak or xd for the poly+timbre

• I can’t see how anybody can complain about value for money.

I reckon a lot of people would pay more just for the sequencer to use with their euro crack systems.

• It's the patch points that sold me. Patching this with the Model D would be amazing... you could do so much.

But the price point?!?!?!?! $199 is insane - I can't pass that up.

• edited January 2019

@kinkujin said:
    Yeah, this is my perspective as well. However, i'm very happy to see something new and not just a clone of someone else's IP.

nothing new, just a cludge collected from their existing stuff ;)
    They already have all the circuit design and production facility - that's why they can shell out for bargain.

• Anyone here own any of the Behringer stuff for over a year? How are the knobs and such holding up?

Whenever i noodle with them in Guitar Center i can’t get beyond the amount of play in the knobs and sliders. Reminds me of driving an old Chevy Citation which i eventually through a rod in while learning to drive in High School.

• edited January 2019

@echoopera said:
    Anyone here own any of the Behringer stuff for over a year? How are the knobs and such holding up?

Whenever i noodle with them in Guitar Center i can’t get beyond the amount of play in the knobs and sliders. Reminds me of driving an old Chevy Citation which i eventually through a rod in while learning to drive in High School.

Ive got a Behringer mixer that has held up well for 20 years & the V-Verb Pro rack unit FX processor, bought second hand about 4 years ago, which was cheap as chips when it was released. Now worth more than when it was new, & highly regarded & sought after. It's is in perfect working condition, & feels very well made.......I also have a Behringer patch bay that's built like a tank, but it's never been used so can't comment on reliability.....however, i did drop it on my foot once so can testify to it's ruggedness........my foot has now recovered! :o

oh, i forgot, i also have a Multicom Pro, bought for about £30.00 of E-bay about 3 yrs ago. I bought it knowing it had one non-functioning channel, but the other three have held up well, so i am very happy with it. It does feel quite cheaply made though........probably 'cause it was!

& a Powerplay Pro-XL, four channel headphone amp, again bought off E-bay (new) about six years ago, still works great..........i think that's it! :D

• Oops, sorry, should have been more specific to the new batch of synths.

Anyone have the Deep Mind, Neutron or Model D synths...how have they held up?

• @echoopera said:
    Oops, sorry, should have been more specific to the new batch of synths.

:D B)

• @echoopera said:

I've had the Model D for about 4 or 5 months and it's ROCK solid. The knobs and everything feel very solid. Don't see this going anywhere soon.

• @Daveypoo said:

@echoopera said:

I've had the Model D for about 4 or 5 months and it's ROCK solid. The knobs and everything feel very solid. Don't see this going anywhere soon.

Thanks for the info. Maybe the ones in Guitar Center are overly abused by everyone who uses the demo models...

• At this rate, it will be less expensive to buy an analog than it’s virtual software version.

• @Daveypoo said:

@echoopera said:

I have had the Neutron for a couple of months. No issues and it seems decently built - certainly doesn’t feel “cheap”. Sounds great. The delay is noisy, but that’s to be expected.

• I love when big companies loose the stranglehold they have on a product.

Funny some companies get it.

Behringer
    Elektron
    NI
    Teenage Engineering

Then you have Novation ........ a 1400 synth, an 800 midi keyboard that still has not been disclosed if iOS compliant........

Who ever is behind Novation biz devel may want to hire the Behrgier guy for a consult......

More economical is the way.

The old monopoly on synths is done.

FINALLY.

I am less than impressed with the Moog Sirin to be honest.

I rather buy Crave and a Neutron for my f ing money......

• What's up with that ridiculous price-tag? Are they intentionally trying to hurt boutique manufacturers by lowering the price bar to unattainable levels? I like a good deal as much as the next guy, but a race-to-the-bottom has never benefitted any industry.

• Wow @ that price but yet-another-single-oscillator+ladder-filter synth. This is the sort of thing you usually say you're tired of, isn't it Max? ;)

For me, Microfreak is the way more interesting recently announced low-priced synth.