Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did Choon get any momentum? Here's another blockchain music sharing startup...

https://reddit.com/r/WeAreTheMusicMakers/comments/ak22f3/were_working_on_a_new_music_platform_not_based/

From the comments it sounds like there are even more out there.
Personally I haven't bought the hype but it would be sweet to get in on the ground floor of one took off!

Comments

• edited January 2019

It seems like a really vibrant & friendly place, with about 100 (my very approximate guess) new tracks uploaded everyday. I've had about 2000 genuine plays since October which is cool B) . Some artists have have about 100.000 plays in the same amount of time, which kind of puts my efforts into perspective!...........no clue how they have achieved that........
    Coincidently the audiobus playlist is on the most popular daily playlist chart for the first time in ages today......

https://choon.co/browse/top-playlists/

• @Iso cool, Ill have to check it out!

• @1nsomniak said:
    @Iso cool, Ill have to check it out!

Btw, i really enjoyed your "Soviet Occult Disco" track you shared here a while ago. The Samples from Mars stuff sound really great. I got them as well when they were on offer, but havn't used any yet apart from messing about. Ive only used a few samples in the last 6 or 7 years in finished tracks, but i can't seem to resist when an offer is as good as that one. It's comforting to know that they are there just in case! I imported my sample libraries into Loopcloud recently, & was shocked to discover that there are now 230,000 of them, & never the right one when you need it! I Anyway get yourself onto Choon........it's a good platform......... :)

• Earlier this year, I found out about Choon via WEATNU records, witch is a hybrid release platform/ label for independents. The Ethos is Nobel, however the chain value is sketch if not mute. It’s the same with viberate.com & steemit, the coin only drops dispite the hype, unless you’re actively gaming the conditions. Bag o’ donk’s if you ask me...(the $’s in bot script)

• edited January 2019

@ashen_hand said:
    Earlier this year, I found out about Choon via WEATNU records, witch is a hybrid release platform/ label for independents. The Ethos is Nobel, however the chain value is sketch if not mute. It’s the same with viberate.com & steemit, the coin only drops dispite the hype, unless you’re actively gaming the conditions. Bag o’ donk’s if you ask me...(the $’s in bot script)

I think the idea of making actual $£'s on these sites should be taken with a pinch of salt, but as a platform to upload tracks to, & to listen to other peoples work, i think it's pretty sound........(pun not intended!)

"Bag o’ donk’s" hehe, that's a new one on me! :D

• Yeah at this stage of the game Im more interested in getting real listeners rather than a few cents royalties.

• @Iso said:
    It seems like a really vibrant & friendly place, with about 100 (my very approximate guess) new tracks uploaded everyday. I've had about 2000 genuine plays since October which is cool B) . Some artists have have about 100.000 plays in the same amount of time, which kind of puts my efforts into perspective!...........no clue how they have achieved that........
    Coincidently the audiobus playlist is on the most popular daily playlist chart for the first time in ages today......

https://choon.co/browse/top-playlists/

:)

• @Iso Just checked and that place on the most popular playlists is for 5 streams ! I guess the listener traffic has dropped off considerably.

• edited January 2019

@AndyPlankton said:
    @Iso Just checked and that place on the most popular playlists is for 5 streams ! I guess the listener traffic has dropped off considerably.

If you look at the playlists at the top of the page, they are getting anything between 80-360 plays a day, which tails off quite rapidly as you scroll down the page. However, artists can appear on multiple playlists simultaneously as they are all curated independently by Choon members, so may receive plays from many disparate sources. Also artists tracks may be included within the Choon genre playlists which are rotated daily. Which genres your tracks appear in, depend on the genre associated with the track when you upload it: three genre tags for each track. Also your tracks may be played directly from your artist page, the daily, weekly, & monthly, most popular charts, & also any playlists created by the artist which include their own tracks. A good playlist, that includes one of your tracks, can send quite a lot of listeners over to your page who's interest may have been sparked by that single track........i think it's a pretty well thought out system............Seems like Trance, DnB, & EDM artists get the most plays, but i guess that's only to be expected! :)

• Does Choon care of I also post my tasks on Soundcloud And YouTube?

• @1nsomniak said:
    Does Choon care of I also post my tasks on Soundcloud And YouTube?

You can upload anywhere you like, as well as Choon :)

• What’s the situation on Choon and the like? Succeeding? Failing? Just ticking over?

• Ahh well. Looks like Choon is done and dusted. Any notes earned will not be yeilding bitcoin now, unless the remaining director has some sort of scheme running...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11120075/filing-history

• There is still some hope. This is currently on https://choon.co:

Choon has faced some difficulties in recent months but we're in the process of finalising a partnership that will enable our community to continue building a bright future for independent artists and labels.

Further news will be announced within 48 hours.

• @1nsomniak said:
    https://reddit.com/r/WeAreTheMusicMakers/comments/ak22f3/were_working_on_a_new_music_platform_not_based/

From the comments it sounds like there are even more out there.
    Personally I haven't bought the hype but it would be sweet to get in on the ground floor of one took off!

The AMWAY of music

• Hi I haven't been on in a bit but it seems choon is now officially dead and the site is down.
    The twitter seems to have some sketchy info about moving artists to emanate.

Found this:
    https://medium.com/emanate-live/emanate-welcomes-choon-8893cdb3e456