Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Velocity Snapping in Cubasis

I’m sort of OCD about velocity changes, so I’m manually editing MIDI tracks pretty often. In DAWs like Gadget and Nano2 I really appreciate the increase-decrease buttons, but in Cubasis the tap-drag-up-or-down method is So. ridiculously. snappy. Like, 50 to 100 and back down to 20 with the slightest movements.
The only workaround I’ve found for even a little more granular control is to zoom really far into the track, but when I need to alter an entire track of notes this gets frustratingly time-consuming.

Is there a way to disable snapping entirely, as you can with the interface grid, that I’m just blind to? Does anyone use a better workaround?

I’m on an iPad Pro 12.7” with normal sized lady hands, which I say only to assure that this isn’t an unreasonable case of, say, Andre the Giant looking for a miracle.

Comments

• It is pretty quirky.
    Try selecting the notes you want to edit. Those notes’ velocities will turn dark in the editor.
    Keep the select tool active, and drag up and down on one of the selected notes’ velocities.
    All selected velocities move together. If you drag fast, they snap to 64 and 100. If you drag slow, the snapping should not occur.

If I try to edit velocities using the Draw tool, it effects any note, selected or not. But it redraws the value to where you place your finger instead of sliding up and down like you might expect. This could be the cause of the erratic snapping that you are getting.

In this Draw mode, if you try to drag up/down on a velocity, it doesn’t really work. You sort of have to tap slightly to the side of the velocity and slide your finger over the velocity you want to edit. The velocity will then jump to whatever vertical spot you are touching.

Hope this helps.