Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SpaceCraft Granular flys over to Desktop.

edited January 2019 in Other

Comments

• Say whaaat? I dont know if I want the masses getting their hands on my secret weapon. Its really not as nice without the touch screen anyway but a controller could be cool.

• It won't be as good as a vst, hands on control is what it's all about. I pipe it straight into Ableton via studiomux, so i already have the best of both worlds. Hope it makes a ton of money for Mark in desktop format though, so he can fund more ios gems....... :)

• edited January 2019

nice, touchscreen Windows, it'll be great :)
    Hope it's scalable gui....

• @Carnbot yeah, crazy scalable

• @deltaVaudio vaguely remember you having a newsletter sign up to be notified when the desktop version is available, but I don’t see it on your site anymore. Am I thinking of a different app? And, will this be available for OS X via the App Store?

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Carnbot yeah, crazy scalable

Best of luck with this, it's a brilliant app and you deserve lots of success.

• @MonzoPro said:

@deltaVaudio said:

+1 ......being able to use sample libraries more easily with it on a desktop DAW might make it a bit of a no-brainer depending on the price...........also i guess more & more people have touchscreens these days.........

• Actually the video made me dig deeper into SpaceCraft...

I was wondering why the 'grid' was so dense and had what looked like 'envelope' control on it and it turned out I have to enable Midi in the AudioCraft settings and voila. The dense grid popped up and I can play it using a keyboard...

That in turn mede me want to use an external arp-app to control it since the built-in grid can not trigger the same note more than once in a 'sequence'.

Guess I should read the manual/help for Space Craft at some point :D

• @Iso said:

@MonzoPro said:

@deltaVaudio said:

+1 ......being able to use sample libraries more easily with it on a desktop DAW might make it a bit of a no-brainer depending on the price...........also i guess more & more people have touchscreens these days.........

Yeah I'm looking forward to trying this out on my large touchscreen display, plus the bonus of being able to access files much more easily is going to make this a lot of fun for experimentation. :)

One of the great things about Spacecraft is the shapeable gui so it can fit any display shape. So potentially much more "immersion" in the app. Most other vsts can't do this.

• I can see exactly where this is going...............I've just been checking out the price of touchscreen monitors! :D

• Hey, does this not have a background audio setting? Or, do you have to host it? Was trying to play it in standalone using KB-1, but it cuts out when in the background.

• @skiphunt said:
    Hey, does this not have a background audio setting? Or, do you have to host it? Was trying to play it in standalone using KB-1, but it cuts out when in the background.

Just tried, & i think your right, it needs to be hosted...........

• @Samu said:
    That in turn made me want to use an external arp-app to control it since the built-in grid can not trigger the same note more than once in a 'sequence'.

True. It would be cool if the sequencer accepted multiple clicks on a note and had a "rest" button to create any pattern with rests too. If Mark sees this he might add it at some point. Every great idea seems to be folded into the code. So, this could also be addressed.

Like this 16 event sequence which is trivial to add to something like Rozetta Bassline.

C3, C3,C3,D3, Eb3,Eb3, Eb3, D3, C3, C2, C2, C2, C3, rest, C3, rest

It would just require multiple taps in the same note and a button to insert rests. That would open whole new options for making ostinato lines. Then corrdinating between the 2 synth instances could also be cool allowing ping-pong rhythms between top and bottom synths by careful placement of the rests.