Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I have an itch to glitch

edited January 2019 in Other

Perforator?
Replicant?
Shredder?
Fill in the Glitch?

Discuss.

Comments

• Discuss?
    Discord. :D

• edited January 2019

I’ll check it out. Look for some training on the app.

• @McDtracy said:

@rs2000 said:
    Discuss?
    Discord. :D

Oops. I have that.

The real glitch is in the LFO. A well-done discord.

• I love Replicant, but i hear turnado many times in the last weeks. Need to get more into it I think. :)

• @1nsomniak said:
    Turnado

Times 2

• But you actually don’t need any of these. Do you know perplexOn on Twitter or YouTube? Has makes glitchy beats with pocket operators and most of the time with elastic drums. Seems to be a technique too.
    Hope this thread develops into that. I love glitchy beats and I think one key could be the BPM. Could it be that conditional triggers and really fast BPM are a good base for that?

• if i could pppick only oonnE - HAS to bbbb TttuTunnnNNaaAdoooooDooooDooo :)

• @1nsomniak said:
    Turnado

I went crazy on Black Friday and bought everything that went on sale. Now I have this huge task of learning about what I bought.
    Turnado went on sale.

So, it can Glitch too? It's a complex app and I've tried some presets but haven't got much out of it yet... no recorded tracks using it so this is good to know where to look for something that can glitch before I buy another App.

My title confused the issue by including a rhyme for Glitch.
    I suggested "pitch" intending to mean... sell me on the best glitch app. Is Turnado that?

I'm also beginning to wonder if what I'm asking for is better described as:

rhythmic gating

Perforator and Shredder do rhytmic gating for sure.
    Does Replicant do a less strictly rhythmic glitching?

Ignorance can be moved but never eradicated. We are all stupid about something. This is an area where I'm pretty clueless.
    But I can hear glitching in a lot of well crafted tracks and I think I have an itch to know how it's done.

LFO's on pitches are another area I'll get around to investigating too. So, discussing Turnado in all it's majesty is kosher with me.
    I love putting 2-3 FX'es in series and I think Turnado is like that with one App.

I like ApeFilter + DubStation + Stereo Delay with some reverb for example.

• I’m a big fan of replicant. It can be VERY chaotic though, to the point of being unpleasantly unpredictable depending on what you use it on and how. The controls are pretty minimal, it doesn’t take long to wrap your head around it. I like Turnado as well but it’s not universal, which makes sense there’s no way it would fit on a phone screen. I have a tendency to favor universal apps.

• @McD Turnado can do stuttering and bit crushing among other things that are pretty glitchy. It takes some time to learn the effects and how to tweak them in to sweet spots and then again how to combine them.

• Another vote for replicant. And egoist’s slicing can get pretty glitchy.

• Thanks for all the input. I have decided on the next step.

I have to take the Perforator bus. @Brambos apps are like open books and I have too many confusing, if powerful, apps already. I reach for Kosmonaut a lot and I bought it for the Looping feature after seeing the demo imitating the Frippertronics Pedal. Turns out I never use it that way but it's a great reverb, delay and general mayhem app. It can make traditional drums sound so complex.

I think Perforator into Kosmonaut will do some fast texture creation. $4 seems like a fair price too.

• Old school cheap and fast
    Glitch1
    Old school and the bomb for the day
    GlitchBreaks

Newer and sooo cool. Use it just for recomposing Beats or mangle it to death.
    Sector
    https://appcrawlr.com/ios/sector

• @audiblevideo said:
    Old school cheap and fast
    Glitch1
    Old school and the bomb for the day
    GlitchBreaks

Newer and sooo cool. Use it just for recomposing Beats or mangle it to death.
    Sector
    https://appcrawlr.com/ios/sector

OK. I have had Sector forever and never bothered to figure it out.
    I checked on GlitchBreaks and I did get that during the Black Friday buying blitz. It seems to Glitch drums.

So, I'm using the wrong term. Sorry 'bout that.

I want Rhythmic Gating. In the immortal words of Gilda Radner (in the character of Emily Litella) "Never Mind".

I should have called out:

I've been debating Rhythmic Gating... help!

Then I need to grok side-chaining.

• I like the gate effect on Launchpad. When you combine it with the other effects, and live triggering of audio, you can do some pretty interesting stuff.

• I ise gadget a lot for this. I fill bilbao with glitch hits and then go crazy with varying the placements and then automating stuff.

• @supadom said:

@1nsomniak said:
    Turnado

Times 2

• edited January 2019

I bought Nanoloop this week..it's such a great app.. Parameter locks and song sequencer are awesome..
    This guy is the Nanoloop black belt sensei:

• @SlowwFloww said:
    I bought Nanoloop this week..it's such a great app.. Parameter locks and song sequencer are awesome..
    This guy is the Nanoloop black belt sensei:

Wow. That's deep! Nice app tip and good video to show the value. Black Belt indeed.

• The two apps I like best for glitching are Groove Rider and Sugar Bytes Effectrix. Effectrix is IAA only, so it will work as an input to AudioShare, but no AUv3 support unfortunately.
    For rhythmic creations, I prefer it over Turnado though.

• FAC Envolver does gating. You can check out the developer’s videos for some ideas.

• I love turnado and really took the time to design a few user patches that are my go to patches. It can really do a lot when you take a few hours to really check it out, one of the best effects for iOS, it can do what most others can just need a lil time to discover

@1nsomniak said:
    @McD Turnado can do stuttering and bit crushing among other things that are pretty glitchy. It takes some time to learn the effects and how to tweak them in to sweet spots and then again how to combine them.

• @skulptur_sound said:
    I love turnado and really took the time to design a few user patches that are my go to patches. It can really do a lot when you take a few hours to really check it out, one of the best effects for iOS, it can do what most others can just need a lil time to discover

@1nsomniak said:
    @McD Turnado can do stuttering and bit crushing among other things that are pretty glitchy. It takes some time to learn the effects and how to tweak them in to sweet spots and then again how to combine them.

Apps like Turnado really need a friendlier intro for new users. Like introduce them to the single effects first, then the dual and then last the full 4x2 setup. I can't be the only one overwhelmed at first at how crazy it affected everything.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Apps like Turnado really need a friendlier intro for new users.

I'm at the stage where I make FX chains in AUM using the "go to" apps I understand. I did spend 5 minutes trying to remember how to start the LFO's in ApeFilter last night. Don't use an App for a month and you'll forget how it works when the GUI is a little maze of menus with tiny widgets.

• @rs2000 said:
    The two apps I like best for glitching are Groove Rider and Sugar Bytes Effectrix. Effectrix is IAA only, so it will work as an input to AudioShare, but no AUv3 support unfortunately.
    For rhythmic creations, I prefer it over Turnado though.

Well, effectrix is definitely easier to use but the lfos in Turnado are pretty sick. Agreed though about effectrix. I really hope they bring the AUV3 soon