Arturia MicroFreak

2»

Comments

• edited January 25

Pair of follow ups from Emilie at Mutable

That counts for points in the 'good' column of my book.

Source: https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/about-the-microfreak/14878

• Sounds like someone(s) in Marketing/Execs screwed the pooch, so to speak. It's good they're making it right with Mutable and fans. As @pichenettes has said, it seems it's time to get out there and make music.

• New sound only demo:

• It really does look fun to play with. Would also love to see someone make music with it!

• Can't help but think: damn, the Plaits oscillators are wonderful, not just the execution of the original code, but the whole approach of the timbre/morph/harmonics/model parameters (including as modulation destinations).

I'm not sure I dig how much of the package ends up being about the sequencer, though. I know arturia has a good track record designing sequencers, so it might be more exciting than I realize.

• @ohwell said:
    New sound only demo:

Very nice at 7:30 on

• Not sure if anybody noticed it, but in this video arturia guy at beginning told that "i's beginning of new range, called "freak" range" ...

That's mean MicroFreak is just first, there will be more (and probably even more powerfull .. imagine MiniFreak.. MatrixFreak :)))

• Not sure if anybody noticed it, but in this video arturia guy at beginning told that "i's beginning of new range, called "freak" range" ...

Yep. I was surprised Nick didn't even try to get more out of him when he said that. Most interesting bit!

• ...the wall of sound possible with 4 voices of the Chord Mode...

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    It really does look fun to play with. Would also love to see someone make music with it!

Yar. This BSP pro demo was so cool (if not exactly my cuppa) it seems like a no-brainer to do the same with the MicroFreak.