Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia MicroFreak

2

Comments

  • edited January 25

    Pair of follow ups from Emilie at Mutable

    That counts for points in the 'good' column of my book.

    Source: https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/about-the-microfreak/14878

  • Sounds like someone(s) in Marketing/Execs screwed the pooch, so to speak. It's good they're making it right with Mutable and fans. As @pichenettes has said, it seems it's time to get out there and make music.

  • New sound only demo:

  • It really does look fun to play with. Would also love to see someone make music with it!

  • Can't help but think: damn, the Plaits oscillators are wonderful, not just the execution of the original code, but the whole approach of the timbre/morph/harmonics/model parameters (including as modulation destinations).

    I'm not sure I dig how much of the package ends up being about the sequencer, though. I know arturia has a good track record designing sequencers, so it might be more exciting than I realize.

  • @ohwell said:
    New sound only demo:

    Very nice at 7:30 on

  • Not sure if anybody noticed it, but in this video arturia guy at beginning told that "i's beginning of new range, called "freak" range" ...

    That's mean MicroFreak is just first, there will be more (and probably even more powerfull .. imagine MiniFreak.. MatrixFreak :)))

  • Not sure if anybody noticed it, but in this video arturia guy at beginning told that "i's beginning of new range, called "freak" range" ...

    Yep. I was surprised Nick didn't even try to get more out of him when he said that. Most interesting bit!

  • ...the wall of sound possible with 4 voices of the Chord Mode...

  • @vitocorleone123 said:
    It really does look fun to play with. Would also love to see someone make music with it!

    Yar. This BSP pro demo was so cool (if not exactly my cuppa) it seems like a no-brainer to do the same with the MicroFreak.

  • Nice bass !

  • @syrupcore said:

    Not sure if anybody noticed it, but in this video arturia guy at beginning told that "i's beginning of new range, called "freak" range" ...

    Yep. I was surprised Nick didn't even try to get more out of him when he said that. Most interesting bit!

    I would totally be down with a bigger freak...one with regular keys. Though cool and high tech looking, I can't really use keys I can't play by blind feel due to singing and other limitations.

  • Would be awesome if it could sense the Y axis on the keys. Is that a hardware limitation or is it possible they could implement it in an update?

  • the keys seem to work by amount of contact on the, well it looks like a PCB of some sort (but quite attractive) , I don't think they are going to add y axis in TBH - could be wrong but I'm guessing they'd have started with that as part of the design

    FWIW I find the keyboard very playable - you wouldn't be banging out classical music on it but it's very quick to move around on and you can get some nice results.

    I've not actually touched the sequencer yet so it's definitely not all about that - I've been sequencing it with Orca on my Norns.

    Definitely really pleased with it - it's one of those instruments you can just pick up and jam on for the shear fun of it. I never touch the presets either - just scroll to an init patch when I start it up. It's so immediate it gets used on a lot of tracks simply because it's to hand and easy to make music on

  • @pagefall said:
    Definitely really pleased with it - it's one of those instruments you can just pick up and jam on for the shear fun of it. I never touch the presets either - just scroll to an init patch when I start it up. It's so immediate it gets used on a lot of tracks simply because it's to hand and easy to make music on

    Agree. I love mine - so many possibilities and so easy to use.

    The keys are a great addition to what the usual midi controller & 88-key controller gives. They're SO responsive and make for completely different (and fun) play styles - map the "pressure" to cutoff and all of a sudden you have a closed filter when playing with fingertips, and open if playing with most of the finger on the key. Or map it to "chord type" when using the chord oscillator - fingertip=major triads, whole finger=minor triads, half of it=major9. Or map to chord inversions, or envelope decay, or LFO rate... sooo much fun.

    Keys also work great for beats since they have basically instant activation - like playing on the iPad screen, but with velocity.

  • My favourite hardware device this year. Even more glorious used as a keyboard controller for the Buchla 259e Twisted Waveform Generator in Softube Modular. Most definitely the kindest to ones wallet for authentic real-time Buchla expression and control. :)

  • edited July 11

    Finally ordered one of these. What convinced me? Animoog. I've been spending alot of time with it lately and thought "gee whiz it would be nice to play on a hardware keyboard like this" and lo and behold here it is. Sounds like justification? It is, but I also sold a ton of gear lately so there's that. Pretty stoked.

    Now back to Animoog which I think is still my favorite thingy on ios.

  • We got in on the pre-order, debatable decision knowing their other models, but we have not regretted it. Awesome synth.

  • I like the keyboard a lot. I don't know why there are so many calls for it to be replaced with a regular KB. I mean, anyone who wants a piano keyboard almost certainly already has one, right? Hook up your Keystep!

    And from the other side, this cool keyboard can also be used to control other synths. It's win-win. Who wants everything to be the same anyway?

  • edited July 12

    @mistercharlie said:
    I like the keyboard a lot. I don't know why there are so many calls for it to be replaced with a regular KB. I mean, anyone who wants a piano keyboard almost certainly already has one, right? Hook up your Keystep!

    And from the other side, this cool keyboard can also be used to control other synths. It's win-win. Who wants everything to be the same anyway?

    agreed, the PCB keyboard also makes financial sense if you have a modular set up.

  • Agreed, something different. The videos I’ve watched - it can be very expressive.
    I do like that it’s waving its digital flag high too. Will be a good contrast to my mainly analog (or va) synths.

  • @mistercharlie said:
    I like the keyboard a lot. I don't know why there are so many calls for it to be replaced with a regular KB. I mean, anyone who wants a piano keyboard almost certainly already has one, right? Hook up your Keystep!

    And from the other side, this cool keyboard can also be used to control other synths. It's win-win. Who wants everything to be the same anyway?

    I feel the same way about it, though I haven’t even tried it out. Seems like fun, from what I’ve seen. I ended up buying a few other synths while waiting for the Microfreak to become available. But it’s next on my list.

  • Fingers crossed le freak should arrive today.

  • @knewspeak said:
    Fingers crossed le freak should arrive today.

    Anyone had any problems with the Microfreak, the lowest D note works then stops until I switch it off, then on again, also seems a problem with pressure or lack of.

  • @knewspeak said:

    @knewspeak said:
    Fingers crossed le freak should arrive today.

    Anyone had any problems with the Microfreak, the lowest D note works then stops until I switch it off, then on again, also seems a problem with pressure or lack of.

    Is your MF running lastest firmware.

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @knewspeak said:
    Fingers crossed le freak should arrive today.

    Anyone had any problems with the Microfreak, the lowest D note works then stops until I switch it off, then on again, also seems a problem with pressure or lack of.

    Is your MF running lastest firmware.

    Yes I believe it is, 1.1.2.390

  • @knewspeak said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @knewspeak said:
    Fingers crossed le freak should arrive today.

    Anyone had any problems with the Microfreak, the lowest D note works then stops until I switch it off, then on again, also seems a problem with pressure or lack of.

    Is your MF running lastest firmware.

    Yes I believe it is, 1.1.2.390

    Hmmmm, are you using the power supply or usb? Worth trying both as a test. I not heard of this issue.

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @knewspeak said:
    Fingers crossed le freak should arrive today.

    Anyone had any problems with the Microfreak, the lowest D note works then stops until I switch it off, then on again, also seems a problem with pressure or lack of.

    Is your MF running lastest firmware.

    Yes I believe it is, 1.1.2.390

    Hmmmm, are you using the power supply or usb? Worth trying both as a test. I not heard of this issue.

    I’m using the power supply, I think it is caused when changing patches, either by holding a note, whilst changing or it’s a certain patch that causes it, I have it working normally now, but earlier it repeatedly kept losing the bottom D note.

  • @knewspeak said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @knewspeak said:
    Fingers crossed le freak should arrive today.

    Anyone had any problems with the Microfreak, the lowest D note works then stops until I switch it off, then on again, also seems a problem with pressure or lack of.

    Is your MF running lastest firmware.

    Yes I believe it is, 1.1.2.390

    Hmmmm, are you using the power supply or usb? Worth trying both as a test. I not heard of this issue.

    I’m using the power supply, I think it is caused when changing patches, either by holding a note, whilst changing or it’s a certain patch that causes it, I have it working normally now, but earlier it repeatedly kept losing the bottom D note.

    I’ve tried to recreate the above steps, but now it seems impossible to cause the problem, strange, I’m puzzled.

  • @knewspeak said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @knewspeak said:
    Fingers crossed le freak should arrive today.

    Anyone had any problems with the Microfreak, the lowest D note works then stops until I switch it off, then on again, also seems a problem with pressure or lack of.

    Is your MF running lastest firmware.

    Yes I believe it is, 1.1.2.390

    Hmmmm, are you using the power supply or usb? Worth trying both as a test. I not heard of this issue.

    I’m using the power supply, I think it is caused when changing patches, either by holding a note, whilst changing or it’s a certain patch that causes it, I have it working normally now, but earlier it repeatedly kept losing the bottom D note.

    I’ve tried to recreate the above steps, but now it seems impossible to cause the problem, strange, I’m puzzled.

    Well, lets hope it stays good 👍

Sign In or Register to comment.