Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Looks promising !

• I guess iMaschine may get an update too...

• Shame no Spotify linkup.

• woo! wait...$49?! Is that a joke? no mention of support for Kontrol Z1 aka the controller they made to pair with Traktor DJ? Kinda hope todays announcement offers more promising details cause this isnt looking good.

• Pricing update.
    Price: Editor’s update: NI originally stated the app would be $49, they’ve since corrected it: it will be $8.99 / €9.99 and free for Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 owners / new purchases

• what about traitor dj 1 owners

• @sysexual said:
    woo! wait...$49?! Is that a joke? no mention of support for Kontrol Z1 aka the controller they made to pair with Traktor DJ? Kinda hope todays announcement offers more promising details cause this isnt looking good.

I'd be surprised it they dropped support for the Z1 (which I also use). It works fine on the the latest Apple hardware and the new software looks like it has the same controls.

Who knows, maybe we'll get a Z3 too.

• @RajahP said:
    I guess iMaschine may get an update too...

Wait, what?!?!?! I'd love to know if this is accurate or not.

iMaschine was the app that got me into making music on iOS. I made an album from jamz started in iMaschine. I hated deleting this app, but with no way to get the grooves out to any other app, it got fired.

Would be interesting to see if I still get on with it after all this time.....

• Wasn't iMaschine made by Retronyms and not NI?

• @Tarekith said:
    Wasn't iMaschine made by Retronyms and not NI?

Not sure... Probably did?... But NI did make iMachine 2...

• edited January 2019

@kobamoto said:
    what about traitor dj 1 owners

They get to buy it if they want just like everyone else. No different from Beatmaker 3, Nanostudio2 etc.
    Can’t expect endless updates for free especially when it’s probably a totally new app.
    Also unfortunately I doubt there’s an update for iMaschine 2 as it wasn’t mentioned with all the other announcements today, their new controller keyboard looks good though.

• I was expecting this for Xmas not for NAMM... but ATM total meh being Djay Pro subscription but most powerfull in any side by far.
    I hope being wrong but this and Traktor bring something better in the future (based on this I imagine).

Pfffff.... :/

• edited January 2019

Hey they actually added pitch faders! But yeah, I'm good with Djay 2/the new Djay app (they need to add playlist export to .csv in the new app though).

• edited January 2019

Loooks good Hope they add mp4 support as with djay2 and 24bit recording - djay2 is 16bit. No subscription “fee” would be a bonus too. Totally put off by all this subscription stuff.. Apple need to get rid of ..Will we ever see iOS Serato ..

• My heart says agreed but my gut says subscription is coming to everything, embrace it...

So I will keep looking into hardware for sure.

• NI doesn't need to go subscription, they can always up sell you on the controllers.

• @Tarekith said:
    NI doesn't need to go subscription, they can always up sell you on the controllers.

There are more news related to NI these days (look at Djtechtools) being one of them some kind of confusion about pricing... maybe they are considering a similar model to Stagelight or Adobe (year subs) alongside retail price for app or whatever.
    Anyways I feel they are testing the waters (and a bit late in the party) so going the hardware route could be the most natural path for them.

When I said Subs for everything I was talking about djing apps in general.

• @CRAKROX said:

@kobamoto said:
    what about traitor dj 1 owners

They get to buy it if they want just like everyone else. No different from Beatmaker 3, Nanostudio2 etc.
    Can’t expect endless updates for free especially when it’s probably a totally new app.
    Also unfortunately I doubt there’s an update for iMaschine 2 as it wasn’t mentioned with all the other announcements today, their new controller keyboard looks good though.

well version one never allowed you to set markers on transients properly.. they'll have to do that before I spend any more money on them.

• Looks a bit stripped down, I’m hoping not, I love tractor dj on my iPad and have been waiting patiently for an update.

• Needs Apple Music Library support

• I’m happy with Rodrigo Yanez’s app, DJDJ. Ableton link sync!

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Needs Apple Music Library support

Needs FILES support!

• they hid this in a private room inside another private room?

• Sounds like it won’t be a update to the original.

• Torq2, SDJ and VDJ8 saltute you NI. Let's hope this goes almost twice long of the shorter of them (Torq2).
    ATM the only thing which keeps me in could be not subscription model being ATM very confortable with new Djay app even being subscription since it's right in all fronts (price, features and let users using OLD versions alongside)

• Just add midi mapping to tractor dj1 and it would be perfect for me..

• any word on the fx being updated? the reverbs and delays could be a little more modern sounding and less cold. hey could sell effect pack iaps.