Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioMastering app

I'm thinking could use some sort of mastering app to give my tracks a bit more punch. Any recommendations? I've had my eye on Audio Mastering for a while now - anyone use this? Any good? Or better alternatives...?

Comments

• I use Audio Mastering on every song right after I mix it down. Gives it great tweaking for EQ, Stereo Widening, Harmonics, and Compression/Volume Maximizing. The presets are very good places to start, and I usually tweak a little from there. My tracks sound flat and empty without it. Absolutely worth the money to me!

• It's great several people one this forum use it on almost every track

• yeah - i'm leaning towards this one. just wish a few apps (like this one! The Effects app from this developer went on sale recently... why not this one?) would go on sale over the next week or so - so i can get more bang for my much. I have $60 in app cards, but probably about $80-90 of apps I really want.

• I know the feeling Halftone, lol. I hope the Audio Mastering app goes on sale.

• c'mon developers... let the sales start soon! even if it's only $2-3 bucks off an app that would make me pick up most apps. Thor has never been on sale - put it on for $11-12.99 and i'm sold. Lots of other apps have not been on sale for many many months - Thumbjam for example was last on sale back in June or July or last year. Again, put it on sale for $5.99 or $6.99 and i'll pick it up instantly... let's hope over the end of the month and early news years there will be some good deals. fingers crossed.

• All the sales just ended! Almost everything was on sale at either Thanksgiving or Christmas...

• Is it possible to apply Audio Mastering to GarageBand tracks after recording?

• If the $2-$3 is so important to you, you can probably do without the apps you're not buying...

• What DAW do you use? If Auria, can't beat Fabfilter plugins? Pro-Q, Pro-L, Pro-C.

On a related note, if you're into Noisia, Fabfilter plugins are their fave ones (based on some interview although they could've been paid to say that as well)

• Another vote for Auria and the Fabfilter plug ins, way better than the dedicated mastering apps currently out IMVHO.

• Just ran across this post on the developers website

http://audio-mastering-studio.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/happy-new-year.html?m=1

Basically a new version reworked from the ground up. He says it will be among the best sounding master effects available on ios currently. Sounds pretty great overall.

• edited March 2014

• edited December 2013

@Halftone - Audio Mastering is really a great app! I use it for tweaking every end-mix, and it really improves the sound much! I am really a fan about this app. The app ended number 6 in the musicappblog top 10 of apps 2013 (see link below), which is pretty good. It is great for EQ, stereo widening and volume maximizing on end-mixes. Mastering individual track can only be done I think with exporting/importing, so not so handy this road, perhaps easier ways possible, but I only use it after I completed a song, and it is really worth the money for this purpose.

http://www.musicappblog.com/top-10-ios-music-apps-2013/

Months ago I made a demo of my instrumental before and after Audio Mastering:

• One of my recent and continuing projects, is to use what you already have to mixdown and "master"... I believe it can be done... I am working with an amazing mobile app called Caustic 3 from SingleCellSoftware.... the tools within, allow anyone to create music and achieve a quality mixdown and master that rivals much larger and expensive hardware and software packages...

• I also really like this app a great deal, but I have not been able to get it to work with any bluetooth connections. Has anyone else experienced this?

• are you talking about BT to headphones or other audio gear? If so, that may introduce undesireable latency or audio quality issues...

• Just heard from Igor that the update is coming in two to three weeks... This is going to be a great year :-)

• @EIPStudiosOhio Yes, bluetooth to headphones. I have been using bluetooth headphones at times (not for mixing of course!) and find it really convienient. Other apps don't seem to be a problem, but it doesn't appear that Auiomastering has that ability...