Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

317 E. 32nd St / when piano becomes guitar

This is a mangled classic jazz line by Lennie Tristano based on the standard Out Of Nowhere. Lennie's genius shines through even in my distorted rendition.
I hesitated posting because the tempo shifts, but the notes are cool.

I amended the imported Kawai EX piano (split with bass) with two iOS guitars and gave them the lead. Classical guitar from the Baroque inapp from BeatHawk and an iFretless guitar. Added ISymphonic horns and mixed some of the piano back in. I was pretty satisfied with the midi guitar substitution. Really supported the straight ahead jazz feeling.

Comments

• edited January 2019

I'm getting "Django Plays Zappa" from this one.

Have you listened to much Zappa, Line-person? He could write "fly shit" and
    had bands that could read it. Ruth Underwood was my mallet hero. I once wrote a Vibe solo for a young student that was one of the Wackerman kids.
    The oldest was Chad and he ended up in Zappa's band.

Why am I taking about Zappa? Sorry. This is a great track. The independence
    between your two hands is mind numbing. I should just stop analyzing the way the music is made and listen to the sounds you make.

Changing from the piano helps give me a fresh perspective. Please provide more examples of non-piano compositions mixed with your beloved RC275 and Kawaii Shecky Guru.

Check this out:

• I would love to see more of those feet in action @McDtracy. The linear bass line is a trait in a lot of Lennie's students. Check Dave Frank out.