Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Control iOS synth from Ableton

Ableton is my main workhorse on my desktop and I’d love to be able to integrate the greats synths I have on my ipad into my workflow.

What’s the easiest no-nonsense way to midi/sync my ipad synths to my Ableton project?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• edited January 2019

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/487631#Comment_487631

From one of my old posts on the ICA4+:

So both my iPad & Mac can for example send and receive 10 channels from and to each other at the same time (when configured as 10 in / 10 out for both ports). Or you could configure the iPad with 18(!) outputs going straight into Live & 2 inputs for effects from the Mac into the iPad and back again. Or the other way around. Or anything in between.

• If you're on Mac you can just plug the iPad in with IDAM.
    Also Ableton Link is great for syncing apps that have it.