Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioVeek Midi Tools AU.

Comments

• Be good to see some videos of these tools in use outside of BM3 5pinLink BM3 forum administrator stole the show obviously! What was his commission!

Anyone got any routing etc going on in StageLight or NS2 ?

• edited January 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    Be good to see some videos of these tools in use outside of BM3 5pinLink BM3 forum administrator stole the show obviously! What was his commission!

Like I mentioned here, NS2 isn't yet compatible with these plugins, but Matt is working on an update to fix the class of problems that prevent these plugins (and other apps) from working inside it.

I'll have a look at StageLight.

• Hi > @blueveek said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Be good to see some videos of these tools in use outside of BM3 5pinLink BM3 forum administrator stole the show obviously! What was his commission!

Like I mentioned here, NS2 isn't yet compatible with these plugins, but Matt is working on an update to fix the class of problems that prevent these plugins (and other apps) from working inside it.

Hi thanks for the comeback sorry I missed u early comment about NS2 I should imagine it’s the same with StageLight then. Great for adding more midi functionality to BM3 then and other processors looking forward to seeing how people use these tools.

• edited January 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Work in AB3?

Yes!

@Jumpercollins said:
    Hi thanks for the comeback sorry I missed u early comment about NS2 I should imagine it’s the same with StageLight then. Great for adding more midi functionality to BM3 then and other processors looking forward to seeing how people use these tools.

I've tested these in AUM, Cubasis, BM3 and Audiobus, and the tools work as expected in all these hosts.

If you want anything else in particular tested, let me know.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Work in AB3?

They have been working real nice in AB3 for me, anything specific you want tested ?

• @Turntablist said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Work in AB3?

They have been working real nice in AB3 for me, anything specific you want tested ?

Nah, appreciate the offer but at this price I'll buy anyway. Just wanted to know what I'm getting into...

• edited January 2019

@blueveek congrats man. I'm so happy for you. It was just the other day when you've mentioned this in the BM3 discord now reading the positive feedback in here most feel great. Congrats again.

• Awesome tools that one would be crazy not to buy at this price. The polyrythm generator trick seen in the de-ghosting video was a nice surprise feature.

• edited January 2019

@blueveek said:

@Samu said:
    @blueveek Well done, first 'no-brainer' purchase of the year for me :)

One minor request would be to at some point in time make it 'universal'.

Thanks!
    iPhone support is planned. It's just a matter of proper UI layout.

I love that kind of AU stuff, should be super useful with GarageBand too, can’t wait for universal version :)

• Well done and congrats Mister Veek.

• Al, fun stuff just starting to see the usefulness of some of these tools the vel curve one is fun to use. Can’t wait for CC control so we can modulate inside midi tools.

• edited January 2019

Don't forget, you can also combine these with Rozeta for auto-midi routing spaghetti polyrhythmic nirvana

The bus tool basically makes send/receive virtual midi cabling between different tracks.

• @tk32 said:
    Don't forget, you can also combine these with Rozeta for auto-midi routing spaghetti polyrhymthic nirvana

The bus tool basically makes send/receive virtual midi cabling between different tracks.

Exactly what I’m getting it for.

• @blueveek said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Work in AB3?

Yes!

@Jumpercollins said:

I've tested these in AUM, Cubasis, BM3 and Audiobus, and the tools work as expected in all these hosts.

If you want anything else in particular tested, let me know.

Also working fine in apeMatrix :)

• Works in Audiobus 3.
    Here's a promo code: United Kingdom iTunes Store only: MAT666JPNA3J

• @ocelot said:
    Works in Audiobus 3.
    Here's a promo code: United Kingdom iTunes Store only: MAT666JPNA3J

Thanks @ocelot

• wimwim
    edited January 2019

Oooh I can’t wait to try this out. I’ve been following the discussion on the Intua forum and it’s been fun to watch this evolve. It looks like You’ve basically worked around all the stuff I care about that they broke with the last BM3 AU midi re-engineering, but didn’t stop there. This looks like a great set of tools.

+100 for a remapper - even as a separate app or IAP. I would love an AU with an arbitrary mapping table to translate incoming notes/channel/port to outbound notes/channel/port. One to many mapping and many to one mapping would be great to have as well. I currently write Streambyter scripts for this, but that gets old in a hurry.

• @blueveek said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Great news on the NS2 front! Congrats on putting out such a useful group of plugins!

• Looks like a very useful collection of midi tools everybody could need in this forum!
    For this price it’s an instant buy for me. 😊

Thanks a lot for it @blueveek , great work!

• Congrats on the launch @blueveek !

• nice tool , was needing an au midi monitor

• Congrats!
    Useful tools & generous offer.
    Nice videos to explain functionality.
    All in all very well done!
    Thanks!

• With Beatmaker 3's update in November 2018 (3.0.11), MIDI AU FX plugin slots were added, but when inserting, for example, Rozeta Bassline, BM3's on-screen Pads, Keyboard, and Patterns were muted. We get around this by using MIDI Bus:

Below we have Bank A1 with SynthMaster One AUv3 loaded. Insert 2 instances of MIDI Bus and a Rozeta Bassline in between, and now we can play the Pads and even have Patterns playing the instrument simultaneously with Rozeta Bassline.

Below, in the 1st instance of MIDI Bus, select the default "Send post", and in the 2nd instance (inserted after Rozeta Bassline) select "Receive combine".

Below is Rozeta Bassline. Disable 'MIDI transpose...' if you want BM3's Pads and Keys playing SynthMaster One simultaneously with Rozeta Bassline, instead of transposing Bassline.

Below is a 2-bar Pattern that will play SynthMaster One simultaneouslty with Rozeta Bassline, along with BM3's Pads and Keyboard too.

NOTE: All photos have been converted to jpegs and resized.

• With Beatmaker 3's recent update in November 2018 (3.0.11), we lost the ability to record the MIDI output from MIDI AUv3 plugins like Rozeta. We get around this by using MIDI Route:

Below I insert MIDI Route at the end of the MIDI FX chain so I can record all the MIDI from the Pads, Patterns, and Rozeta Bassline to another Bank.

Below is how to set up MIDI Route so that it sends the MIDI from Bank A1 to another Bank that is set to receive on MIDI Channel 2.

Below, we have Bank B1 with KQ Dixie AUv3 loaded and set to receive ALL MIDI on MIDI Channel 2.

Below shows how we can now record the MIDI output from MIDI AUv3s (and BM3's Pads and Patterns) to another Bank.

• @ocelot said:
    With Beatmaker 3's recent update in November 2018 (3.0.11), we lost the ability to record the MIDI output from MIDI AUv3 plugins like Rozeta. We get around this by using MIDI Route:

Below I insert MIDI Route at the end of the MIDI FX chain so I can record all the MIDI from the Pads, Patterns, and Rozeta Bassline to another Bank.

Below is how to set up MIDI Route so that it sends the MIDI from Bank A1 to another Bank that is set to receive on MIDI Channel 2.

Below, we have Bank B1 with KQ Dixie AUv3 loaded and set to receive ALL MIDI on MIDI Channel 2.

Below shows how we can now record the MIDI output from MIDI AUv3s (and BM3's Pads and Patterns) to another Bank.

Any videos on this... So you can recor now?

• What a pleasant surprise. Generous offer + Infinite utility (the polyrhythm ghost thing is particularly inspired) + Vids on launch = Buy.

• edited January 2019

@RajahP said:

@ocelot said:
    With Beatmaker 3's recent update in November 2018 (3.0.11), we lost the ability to record the MIDI output from MIDI AUv3 plugins like Rozeta. We get around this by using MIDI Route:

Any videos on this... So you can recor now?

Yes, these plugins add the ability to record AU midi generator output in BM3. Watch the video on the website for a demonstration (it's in the later half of the video): http://audioveek.com/route/

It should theoretically also work with any other host, provided that the host is capable of running these kinds of plugins.

• edited January 2019

@brambos said:
    Congrats on the launch @blueveek !

Thanks! And especially thanks for helping me understand the nuances of these kinds of plugins and MIDI timing :)

• @blueveek said:

@brambos said:
    Congrats on the launch @blueveek !

Thanks! And especially thanks for helping me understand the nuances of these kinds of plugins and MIDI timing :)

Aw, you two. Like two great tastes that taste great together.