Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digitakt Bluetoothi Adapter

edited January 2019 in Other

Howdy!

Would very much like some recommendations for wirelessly sending midi info out of the Digitakt, to be received by various apps on the iPad.
I believe there’s various dongles/devices, and I’ve also been informed that a Bluetooth option is better for latency.

I’m considering something like this:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UDBT01--yamaha-ud-bt01-wireless-bluetooth-usb-to-host-midi-adapter?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3308752972&rkg_id=0&product_id=UDBT01&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping - SKU - Studio & Recording&adgroup=Audio Interfaces - Yamaha - udbt01&placement=google&adpos=1o1&creative=290335234532&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzIDZqdH73wIVDa_ICh2gGgIYEAQYASABEgJ5OvD_BwE

Any help would be amazing!!

Comments

• edited January 2019

I have both the Quicco mi.1 and the Yamaha MD-BT01, they both work flawlessly with iOS and with acceptable latency. Of course, any sound generator will add its own latency plus the latency of your audio interface.
    If you want a rhythmically 100% tight iPad companion app that follows the transport of the Digitakt 1:1, there's currently not much alternative to Groove Rider because it's one of the very few apps that support delay offset adjustment for incoming MIDI Clock.
    I'm using it myself, it's a solid combination that adds 16 slicing, wavetable and classic synth tracks to the Digitakt. GR-16 also has a few "parameter locks" similar as on the Digitakt so it's not really a different world to learn in terms of workflow.

Another workable alternative is KORG Gadget. It's "only 85% tight" and it has no offset adjustment but for most ears it will be good enough. Otherwise it slaves to MIDI Clock well, and the pattern-based workflow is a good match to songwriting on the Digitakt too.

If you want to control external MIDI gear, have a look at Genome MIDI.

• The Quicco looks awesome - no battery or plug needed - powers of midi - absolutely brilliant!

That’s exactly what I’m looking for..

Many, many thanks.

• edited January 2019

@Conure said:
    The Quicco looks awesome - no battery or plug needed - powers of midi - absolutely brilliant!

That’s exactly what I’m looking for..

Many, many thanks.

You're welcome!
    Note that the Quiccos will touch each other when plugged into the Digitakt because they're a tiny bit too wide (or the Digitakt MIDI ports too close together) but that doesn't matter at all, it works well anyway, just don't hard-push them into the ports.
    i prefer them over the Yamahas because the BT01 are sticking out quite long and therefore become fragile.
    Also note that you can rename the mi.1 default name to a custom string (useful if you have >1 of them) and also you can enable or disable the transmission of MIDI Clock, both by sending MIDI Sysex messages. The setting is then stored even after power-off.