Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

3 iPads cello madness

3 iPads connected and synced by bluetooth, accelerometer data to trigger video/sound, pitch detection to trigger samples, 11 different apps running at the same time, live looping... After 6 years working to squeeze the possibilities of ipads as expression devices this is what I got. One of the most critical decisions I took was to turn the screens in front of the audience (instead of hiding myself behind them). This way all music process is shared/seen, and the image/video dimension of the ipads is part of the performance itself.

I want to thank and encourage to all those app developers who inspire us and open new possibilities every day with their work. Keep on guys!! (Anyone willing to implement more video/audio/midi in one app??)

Also thanks to the Russian living legend of the cello Misha Maisky, for being part of that performance! A dream come true!!!

https://eccecello.com
https://www.facebook.com/eccecello/

Comments

• Bravo @eccecelllo ! Great performance. Nice to see you here. I have been a fan of your work for a long time.
    You are a true pioneer of Loopy and iOS music creation.

• Beautiful! And an inspiration for us all—well, at least some of use, those with a taste for the bow in particular.

• Hey that was fun. Too bad about the bow....

• Es increíble!

• Nice! I knew adding the custom background option to ThumbJam would be good for something!

• edited January 2019

Haha, thats awesome! I‘m also intrigued by the possibilities technology gives us classical musicians. It will not replace the necessity to practice, but its so much fun to experiment and to explore new ways to enhance our playing. Glenn Gould was also into that and Bernstein was fascinated by it. Theres a recording called young peoples concert, where he transmogrifies Bach fugues on a moog synthesizer.
    I also love the cello, though its not my instrument, and Mischa Maisky is one of the greatest players, if not the greatest. Its so cool that he collaborated with you on this. I will definately look into your stuff!
    I also liked how you ate your bow at the end. Playing an instrument can be so frustrating..

• A very cool and artistic performance, fascinating - Bravo 👍🏻

• edited January 2019

Excellent! At first I thought, “ah, finally something new from the long-lost eccecello!” Then I thought... “it seems he has lost a bit of his quirky eccentricity”. THen I was relieved to see the quirkiness is very much alive and well. Great ending :lol: Bravo.

You have always been an inspiration to use the iPads true creative potential. :+1:

• edited January 2019

LOL!
    One of the funniest iPad performances I’ve ever seen! 😎

Well done @eccecelllo ! Love your creativity! 😊 👍

• Wow, I'm blown away. As weird as your setup looks, there's a lot of Russian genius thinking behind.
    Now I know what you've been busy working at all the time ;)

@sonosaurus I knew it was thumbjam from the light blue bars :)

• New meaning to the one man band! Great performance. You are a perfect addition to Audiob.us. Welcome! Now, if you could only make the next great cello app....

• Oh shit, thanks guys.... I didn't see these responses. It's so sad now, when I look at the past... when it was actually allowed to perform for live audiences. Not sure when this will come back and how. Crazy world

Once more, I'm really thankful to all the developers. So much looking forward for great apps to come (oh my gosh VIDIBOX what I will do without you... ?? if just Takete would be reliable. Please someone out there, make a fully functional Video+audio+midi app!!)

Salud

• edited May 2020

@eccecelllo said:
    Oh shit, thanks guys.... I didn't see these responses. It's so sad now, when I look at the past... when it was actually allowed to perform for live audiences. Not sure when this will come back and how. Crazy world

Once more, I'm really thankful to all the developers. So much looking forward for great apps to come (oh my gosh VIDIBOX what I will do without you... ?? if just Takete would be reliable. Please someone out there, make a fully functional Video+audio+midi app!!)

Salud

Umm...what about Secret Base Design, "Visual Synth?" It does exactly that, was just released, and is free.
    https://apps.apple.com/app/id1493237895?ign-mpt=uo=8

Just stopped by the forum to get the link for your video to add to a playlist on my channel at youtube.com/seonnthaproducer

Is it okay if I add it to a playlist?

• edited May 2020

@Samflash3 OMG! thanks a lot for the "Visual Synth" hint!! I had no idea... that's the magic of this forum. I had never found it by myself. Maybe that can save my ass. Although not so competent as Vidibox with all its midi capable buttons. THANKS A LOT! I will give it a try.

And of course its okay that you share! I mean, we break our back to produce content, and it stays most of the time inside our rooms. Thanks for sharing!

• @J33Z Misha Maisky is one of my cello heroes since I was a young dreamer. He was so relax and cool, and it was a dream to spend half an our with him in his dressing room, doing some fun stuff and then somehow performing together thanks to the craziness of technology. Again sorry for the two-years-and-one-pandemic late reply.

• @eccecelllo this is so awesome!! very inspiring. thank you!