Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @caspergomez well Fairlight exists first in Module, so handy for auv3 use. You get it in KG2 as a bonus I guess. There's a few nice things in there anyway (especially the Cinematic pack)

• This update and release of Fairbanks was simply an attempt to remind users, “hey, I know you’ve abandoned us, but we’re still here and we’ve given you a new bank of sounds that you could easily find in any of our other gadgets with no effort”.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    There are a few parameters to play with, and I count 60 presets. It doesn’t sound like any of the other gadgets, and it’s free if you have Module.
    I don’t know if it would make me buy Module, but AUv3 would.

Fairbanks has definitely 30 presets. I see two additional IAPs which would presumably carry over to Gadget as well.

Bizarre.

Aha! I seem to have accidentally done the 7-day trial for one of the new packs. That’s where the extra 30 presets are coming from.

If you press Export, what kind of file do you get, can you open it in a text editor?

• @u0421793 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    There are a few parameters to play with, and I count 60 presets. It doesn’t sound like any of the other gadgets, and it’s free if you have Module.

Fairbanks has definitely 30 presets. I see two additional IAPs which would presumably carry over to Gadget as well.

Bizarre.

Aha! I seem to have accidentally done the 7-day trial for one of the new packs. That’s where the extra 30 presets are coming from.

If you press Export, what kind of file do you get, can you open it in a text editor?

Pressing ‚Export‘ I get to name the file but no dialogue as to where to save it to.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

Pressing ‚Export‘ I get to name the file but no dialogue as to where to save it to.

By default it exports to the root in the Gadget 2 folder that can be seen in Files.app.

• @caspergomez said:
    Fairbanks sounds like every other Gadget... like a few patches from each of the Synth Gadgets. No clue how any KG2 user could find this interesting. Are we going backwards here???

Yeah, the patches are nice but not exactly plentiful. The restricted editability* it okay for a workstation like Module but Fairbanks seems like an afterthought.

I guess it’s been a rather parched terrain in iOS synth land recently so everyone is just happy for even a drizzle of rain.

*is editability even a word?

• with all the au updates to module hopefully they have in mind a way to build an au gadget for gadget that’s works good.

Just hope that the next gadget update allows the same menu options for the rest of the gadgets. It’s pretty clean and nice.

• @Samu said:

By default it exports to the root in the Gadget 2 folder that can be seen in Files.app.

D‘uh! Like an idiot I was looking for the Module folder. Thanks.

• @u0421793 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Bizarre.

Doesn’t look like it.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@u0421793 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Bizarre.

Doesn’t look like it.

Even if you hook up the device to the Mac and look for it in the directory for the app files? It’d probably open in TextEdit if you drag it onto it (or Vim if you think you can exit from it :-) )

• @u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Bizarre.

Doesn’t look like it.

Even if you hook up the device to the Mac and look for it in the directory for the app files? It’d probably open in TextEdit if you drag it onto it (or Vim if you think you can exit from it :-) )

I don’t own a Mac cuz I’m a prole 😢

• Anyway, it looks like the existence of this video two weeks ago must’ve made all this happen

Korg Gadget, Dead & Abandoned?

• edited October 2020

Also, the usual criticism of Krog:

This, the macOS upgrade for macOS Gadget 1 owners to upgrade to macOS Gadget 2 is, as ever, simply not affected by any Korg offers on other parts of the Gadget product range.

https://korg.shop/korg-gadget-2-for-mac-upgrade.html?___store=english

This and only this is the reason I have yet to upgrade my macOS Gadget 1, which I’ll stay with unless there’s an offer on the upgrade – everything else seems to be given an offer price, when this upgrade also does, I’ll go for it (probably).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DEVs don’t call the shots - and they’re not at fault for Korg’s lack of ingenuity. It’s management and/or clueless project leaders holding the DEVs back with their poor decisions and directives. They’re going backwards now.

• edited October 2020

@caspergomez said:
    DEVs don’t call the shots - and they’re not at fault for Korg’s lack of ingenuity. It’s management and/or clueless project leaders holding the DEVs back with their poor decisions and directives. They’re going backwards now.

You are a broken record, man. You're also making no sense. Releasing Module Pro as an AUv3 is going backward somehow?

[Needless joking attack deleted; it was too easily misread. Apologies.]

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:

@caspergomez said:
    DEVs don’t call the shots - and they’re not at fault for Korg’s lack of ingenuity. It’s management and/or clueless project leaders holding the DEVs back with their poor decisions and directives. They’re going backwards now.

You are a broken record, man. You're also making no sense. Releasing Module Pro as an AUv3 is going backward somehow?

not to mention ... it's free.

(sure ... it's a ploy to get revenue from preset purchases. But, that's business, and incoming revenue is how development is funded, so I'm all for it.)

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@caspergomez said:

not to mention ... it's free.

(sure ... it's a ploy to get revenue from preset purchases. But, that's business, and incoming revenue is the how development is funded, so I'm all for it.)

+1

• Hi, I am missing MIDI mapping in Rosario, Durban and Zurich. Is this correct? Also, how can I trigger the cord pads of lisbon with a midi controller?

Thanks Doc_T

• Just saw in Madrid and key cool board expander in the gadget. Seems like cool idea for all the gadgets to have. Wonder why gadget just doesn’t do a once make over and add these little upgrades to all gadgets.

• @stormywaterz said:
    Just saw in Madrid and key cool board expander in the gadget. Seems like cool idea for all the gadgets to have. Wonder why gadget just doesn’t do a once make over and add these little upgrades to all gadgets.

I agree that they should standardize more of the features across gadgets.

• Gadget is basically done. It’s a matter of living with its current state and losing all future expectations.

• @caspergomez said:
    Gadget is basically done. It’s a matter of living with its current state and losing all future expectations.

Show us on the doll where Korg Gadget touched you...

• Gadget is so polarizing lol

• @ksound said:

@caspergomez said:
    Gadget is basically done. It’s a matter of living with its current state and losing all future expectations.

😂

• i still love gadget 🤷🏻‍♂️
    great instruments, sequencer...
    not great effects, wouldn’t be mad with multi out

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Gadget is so polarizing lol

Not really.

• @ksound said:

@caspergomez said:

Right here.

• I kinda feel like if you can't do anything with Gadget, that's not really an issue with the app :/