Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @KirbyMumbo said:

@maxwellhouser said:
    I would like to also randomly vent that the one parametric (mid) band of the iFX EQ only goes down to 300Hz (and only up to 3k). That’s pretty lame!

Why? The low band goes to 20hz and up to 1200. It’s mid band fora reason.

Because the low and high bands are only shelving filters. You can’t do a tight bell cut at 100hz or 120hz for example.

I’m wishing it was a fully parametric band, not a “mid” band.

• R_2R_2
    edited August 2020

@djjuniorpops Just tested and restore worked normally for me. Do you have some of the standalone apps (module/iM1/etc)? If so, check if you can restore in those.
    In general (not just Gadget) restoring IAPs can act weird. Sometimes even depending on the wifi network used. Can you test it on another network perhaps?

• @maxwellhouser said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@maxwellhouser said:
    I would like to also randomly vent that the one parametric (mid) band of the iFX EQ only goes down to 300Hz (and only up to 3k). That’s pretty lame!

Because the low and high bands are only shelving filters. You can’t do a tight bell cut at 100hz or 120hz for example.

I’m wishing it was a fully parametric band, not a “mid” band.

Gotcha. Yea a more robust EQ couldn't hurt. I'd really like to see the Gadget FX as iFX as well.

• edited August 2020

@KirbyMumbo said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@caspergomez said:

@maxwellhouser said:

All the bands are screwed up. They don’t accurately reflect the frequency stated when dialing in.

Sounds like you just made that up.

Ya sure about that? Do some homework. Record a simple 1-note, 4/4 bassline for 2 bars. Set EQ (low) to +5dB and duplicate the track 4 times. Set the Hz of each track to 150, 180, 210, 240, and 270. Duplicate the scene 4 times. For each scene, mute all tracks except track1 for scene1, t2 for s2, and so on. Export the Master. Import the WAV into any software with a spectral analyzer. I use Auria Pro and FabFilter Pro-Q2. You’ll then realize that on the analyzer you won’t see any bump in the Freqs until around 240 (from what I recall, did it years ago) and you’ll see it around 50Hz, not the expected 250Hz.

• @caspergomez said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@caspergomez said:

@maxwellhouser said:

All the bands are screwed up. They don’t accurately reflect the frequency stated when dialing in.

Ya sure about that? Do some homework. Record a simple 1-note, 4/4 bassline for 2 bars. Set EQ (low) to +5dB and duplicate the track 4 times. Set the Hz of each track to 150, 180, 210, 240, and 270. Duplicate the scene 4 times. For each scene, mute all tracks except track1 for scene1, t2 for s2, and so on. Export the Master. Import the WAV into any software with a spectral analyzer. I use Auria Pro and FabFilter Pro-Q2. You’ll then realize that on the analyzer you won’t see any bump in the Freqs until around 240 (from what I recall, did it years ago) and you’ll see it around 50Hz, not the expected 250Hz.

I tried sweeping a sine wave and it sounded fine.

• @KirbyMumbo said:

@caspergomez said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@caspergomez said:

@maxwellhouser said:

Be more specific.... on the low Hz knob, what did Gadget display when it hit a sweet spot?

• @caspergomez said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@caspergomez said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@caspergomez said:

@maxwellhouser said:

Be more specific.... on the low Hz knob, what did Gadget display when it hit a sweet spot?

I've just tried again, seems like KORG fixed the wrong frequency scale. At least the parametric EQ mid band does what it says, albeit only between 300Hz and 3k.

• @rs2000 said:

@caspergomez said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@caspergomez said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@caspergomez said:

@maxwellhouser said:

I've just tried again, seems like KORG fixed the wrong frequency scale. At least the parametric EQ mid band does what it says, albeit only between 300Hz and 3k.

👍🏼

• After Wuhan and Stanford, time for another exciting (albeit imaginary) update ...somebody’s gotta do it ;)

Vision 4.6.2
    • Added “Düsseldorf” gadget, 6 part percussion synthesizer based on the Volca Drum.
    • Fixed excessive cpu heat/battery drain*
    • Other disapprovements and fug-bixes.

• @R_2 said:
    After Wuhan and Stanford, time for another exciting (albeit imaginary) update ...somebody’s gotta do it ;)

Vision 4.6.2
    • Added “Düsseldorf” gadget, 6 part percussion synthesizer based on the Volca Drum.

Nice :)

What about squeezing this one into a 'two tab' design?

• This is my half-ass PS skills at work, the most insane synth masterpiece on iOS. It’s a shame.

• That’s hilarious, it’s visual fan fiction for Gadget

• For a moment I thought...😩

• @Samu said:

@R_2 said:
    After Wuhan and Stanford, time for another exciting (albeit imaginary) update ...somebody’s gotta do it ;)

Vision 4.6.2

Nice :)

What about squeezing this one into a 'two tab' design?

Ah Noooo Samu this picture Of minilogue XD desktop always brings GAS to me !!!!!

• @Johnba said:

Ah Noooo Samu this picture Of minilogue XD desktop always brings GAS to me !!!!!

Well, I got the NTS-1 but if the XD was truly multi-timbral, meaning able to play 4 different custom oscillators each with 3 effects at the same time I would have considered it. The NTS-1 is just too much of a 'tease' at what Korg might be cooking behind the scenes when it comes to future hardware...

An NTS-1 AUv3 / Gadget would be totally awesome but highly unlikely...
    ...already thinking about getting a second NTS-1...

• @Samu said:

@Johnba said:

Well, I got the NTS-1 but if the XD was truly multi-timbral, meaning able to play 4 different custom oscillators each with 3 effects at the same time I would have considered it. The NTS-1 is just too much of a 'tease' at what Korg might be cooking behind the scenes when it comes to future hardware...

An NTS-1 AUv3 / Gadget would be totally awesome but highly unlikely...
    ...already thinking about getting a second NTS-1...

I'm glad I've waited a bit and got the Wavestate instead.

• what is this new fairbanks gadget??? i don’t have module

• @reasOne said:
    what is this new fairbanks gadget??? i don’t have module

Module introduced a new hybrid synth with 30 (!) presets. Fairbanks makes it available a la Darwin. You aren’t missing much.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@reasOne said:
    what is this new fairbanks gadget??? i don’t have module

Module introduced a new hybrid synth with 30 (!) presets. Fairbanks makes it available a la Darwin. You aren’t missing much.

ahhh presets that can’t be tweaked much? i don’t have module but it seems like it’s not super customizable from the vids

• It has some good sounds but practically un tweakable. It is a pity since the sounds are really nice.
    @reasOne

• There are a few parameters to play with, and I count 60 presets. It doesn’t sound like any of the other gadgets, and it’s free if you have Module.
    I don’t know if it would make me buy Module, but AUv3 would.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    There are a few parameters to play with, and I count 60 presets. It doesn’t sound like any of the other gadgets, and it’s free if you have Module.

Fairbanks has definitely 30 presets. I see two additional IAPs which would presumably carry over to Gadget as well.

@ExAsperis99 said:
    There are a few parameters to play with, and I count 60 presets. It doesn’t sound like any of the other gadgets, and it’s free if you have Module.

Fairbanks has definitely 30 presets. I see two additional IAPs which would presumably carry over to Gadget as well.

Yepp, they do carry over and when installed it's 90 presets...
    ...plenty fun to explore and tweak :)
    (Multiple synthesis methods are being used here, Kick & Snare Synths are fun for starters).

The two additional IAPs are not available in the AUv3?!
    They are greyed out at least on my iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.0.1...

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Yepp, they do carry over and when installed it's 90 presets...
    ...plenty fun to explore and tweak :)
    (Multiple synthesis methods are being used here, Kick & Snare Synths are fun for starters).

The two additional IAPs are not available in the AUv3?!
    They are greyed out at least on my iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.0.1...

Cheers!

There seems to be some hiccup regarding the AU.
    It would be nice to have a bit more info regarding the various synthesis methods.

• Any informations about what features are new in Gadget if the Module PRO is also downloaded?

"- Starting with this version, you can unlock some of the KORG Module's features. For example, 6 Module-based instruments are available in Gadget. Please try their pro-grade keyboard sounds - KORG Module app is free. https://support.korguser.net/hc/ja/articles/360030601932"

• Quite interesting reflection in the Glasgow's new browser...
    Drums is there but 'greyed out' so who knows maybe we'll start to see some drum kits added in future updates :)

@ExAsperis99 said:

Bizarre.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Bizarre.

Aha! I seem to have accidentally done the 7-day trial for one of the new packs. That’s where the extra 30 presets are coming from.

• Fairbanks sounds like every other Gadget... like a few patches from each of the Synth Gadgets. No clue how any KG2 user could find this interesting. Are we going backwards here???