Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

16163656667

Comments

  • Sam, I wouldn’t hold my breath. Korg never took Gadget seriously. It was all about Gadgetizing HW. DEVs were PRO but leadership is a joke. You can’t have leadership with no vision and expect to compete with Steinberg. They never took workflow serious. They never took IAA etc serious. They never took FX serious. They never delivered a serious Sampler. They never delivered any AUDIO editing features - even after offering Gadget to MAC users for $200. Etc etc. They even shut down their own Forum. It was all a big joke.

  • edited July 11

    As it is now I mostly use Gadget as an all-in-one legacy Korg rompler. The «new» synths you (mostly) have to buy all sound very cheesy/EDMy or too chiptuney to me. Would easily rebuy an auv3 update of iMS20 before spending more on this closed system approach. Love it for bass and drums, hate that it doesn’t have midi learn.

  • @ehehehe said:
    As it is now I mostly use Gadget as an all-in-one legacy Korg rompler. The «new» synths you (mostly) have to buy all sound very cheesy/EDMy or too chiptuney to me. Would easily rebuy an auv3 update of iMS20 before spending more on this closed system approach. Love it for bass and drums, hate that it doesn’t have midi learn.

    What if you use Memphis in Gadget instead of iMS20? You can midi-learn any parameter in Memphis.

  • @R_2 said:
    Omar S using Gadget? :D
    Recognize the “SynShot 3” preset from Amsterdam and the clap from Bilbao (ATMOS kit 1).

    Coincidentally he revealed what was used in that track: Volca Sample :)
    Makes sense it has some of the same samples as Gadget (both released in 2014).

  • @caspergomez said:
    Sam, I wouldn’t hold my breath. Korg never took Gadget seriously. It was all about Gadgetizing HW. DEVs were PRO but leadership is a joke. You can’t have leadership with no vision and expect to compete with Steinberg. They never took workflow serious. They never took IAA etc serious. They never took FX serious. They never delivered a serious Sampler. They never delivered any AUDIO editing features - even after offering Gadget to MAC users for $200. Etc etc. They even shut down their own Forum. It was all a big joke.

    I loved reading this as Tony Montana.

  • edited August 20

    Dear Korg, Whenever / if you drop the next Gadget update please make sure we can use all the effects as IFX effects...
    ...why can't I as an example use the Chorus as an IFX?

    A new AUv3 App & Gadget based on the NTS-1 with at least 4 notes of polyphony and ability to load user oscillators & effects would breathe new life into Gadget as would improved clip-launching and proper tine-line and as well as a sampler Gadget. (Bilbao, Abu Dhabi & Vancouver are 'bad jokes' to be honest, can't even 'sample' or 're-sample' with them).

    Just add a sample oscillator to Wolfsburg as it's already touted to be VA Synth with sampled waveforms but no way to load samples as it's one of the more flexible synths with mod matrix etc...

    iPadOS14 is around the corner and Gadget better be 'compatible' on launch day.
    ...IAA is deprecated, AUv3's is here now, 'wake up!'.

    It's hurts as a 'Gadget Addict' to see the tool fade away with so much potential but abused by bad corporate management...

    Cheers!

  • @Samu did you send this to KORG?

  • @sippy_cup said:
    @Samu did you send this to KORG?

    Long, long time ago...
    ...but they never reply so it might as well have ended up in a 'spam filter' or something?!

    Honestly just like with BM3 I've stopped caring too much about Gadget and If/when we get an update I'm happy but I have no 'high expectations' anymore...

  • @Samu said:
    iPadOS14 is around the corner and Gadget better be 'compatible' on launch day.

    Pro Tools users would definitely consider this ‘high expectations’! 😂😭 Even 2 months would be lightning fast in my experience!
    Hopefully it’s different in iOS audio world...
    I still have an iOS 12.something on my iPad because I tend to upgrade way late, usually when some new software requires me to. If it ain’t broke... 😁

  • Even GarageBand iOS I was shocked to see how smooth multiple instances of my favorite iVCS3 I could run. > @Samu said:

    @sippy_cup said:
    @Samu did you send this to KORG?

    Long, long time ago...
    ...but they never reply so it might as well have ended up in a 'spam filter' or something?!

    Honestly just like with BM3 I've stopped caring too much about Gadget and If/when we get an update I'm happy but I have no 'high expectations' anymore...

    Sam, glad you’ve finally come around and realized that Korg could care less about advancing Gadget and it was always just about Gadgetizing its Hardware. Never gave a damn about how producer’s produce. The only time I open Gadget now is to export stems into Cubase on my MacBook so I could finish up the songs and be completely done with them. Good luck to those who are still waiting around for some new updates.

  • I still use Gadget as ’Sampler Fodder’ for other apps...

    Gadget is still quite heavily featured on the Korg web-site so I don’t think it’s going away.
    And even though I don’t ’agree’ with how it works I guess it works as the devlopers intended it to wor or something...
    ...but I would love to see them Gadgets as AUv3’s just like on the desktop, it’s a ’Juce App’ and the framework for iOS already sopports AUv3’s so there’s no technical limitations that stop it from happening.

    Oh well, time will tell if we see a Gadget update in 2020 or if the focus is in selling more Volcas that will collect dust after the initial exitment fades away, I still use my Volca Bass but the Volca Drum is collecting dust, too much know-twisting takes all the fun out of it...(badly design UI at it’s finest bohooo) closely followed by the Electribe 2 ’Lemon’.

    Cheerios!

  • @Samu said:
    I still use Gadget as ’Sampler Fodder’ for other apps...

    Gadget is still quite heavily featured on the Korg web-site so I don’t think it’s going away.
    And even though I don’t ’agree’ with how it works I guess it works as the devlopers intended it to wor or something...
    ...but I would love to see them Gadgets as AUv3’s just like on the desktop, it’s a ’Juce App’ and the framework for iOS already sopports AUv3’s so there’s no technical limitations that stop it from happening.

    Oh well, time will tell if we see a Gadget update in 2020 or if the focus is in selling more Volcas that will collect dust after the initial exitment fades away, I still use my Volca Bass but the Volca Drum is collecting dust, too much know-twisting takes all the fun out of it...(badly design UI at it’s finest bohooo) closely followed by the Electribe 2 ’Lemon’.

    Cheerios!

    Damn, bro. You’re coming strong with the criticism. Never heard ya like this. Sounds like me on their old forum lol. They haven’t even added editing features or proper EQs for KG2 so doubt anything is coming down the pipe anytime soon.

  • @caspergomez said:

    @Samu said:
    I still use Gadget as ’Sampler Fodder’ for other apps...

    Gadget is still quite heavily featured on the Korg web-site so I don’t think it’s going away.
    And even though I don’t ’agree’ with how it works I guess it works as the devlopers intended it to wor or something...
    ...but I would love to see them Gadgets as AUv3’s just like on the desktop, it’s a ’Juce App’ and the framework for iOS already sopports AUv3’s so there’s no technical limitations that stop it from happening.

    Oh well, time will tell if we see a Gadget update in 2020 or if the focus is in selling more Volcas that will collect dust after the initial exitment fades away, I still use my Volca Bass but the Volca Drum is collecting dust, too much know-twisting takes all the fun out of it...(badly design UI at it’s finest bohooo) closely followed by the Electribe 2 ’Lemon’.

    Cheerios!

    Damn, bro. You’re coming strong with the criticism. Never heard ya like this. Sounds like me on their old forum lol. They haven’t even added editing features or proper EQs for KG2 so doubt anything is coming down the pipe anytime soon.

    ? That seemed nothing more than mild and mellow to me. I’m not trying to say you must be easily offended or anything.. but come on... he certainly won’t be boosting the pay per view sales with that one.
    I'm fairly sure if he wanted to @samu by lifting a finger would be capable of much more of a stir.... 😀

  • @robosardine said:

    @caspergomez said:

    @Samu said:
    I still use Gadget as ’Sampler Fodder’ for other apps...

    Gadget is still quite heavily featured on the Korg web-site so I don’t think it’s going away.
    And even though I don’t ’agree’ with how it works I guess it works as the devlopers intended it to wor or something...
    ...but I would love to see them Gadgets as AUv3’s just like on the desktop, it’s a ’Juce App’ and the framework for iOS already sopports AUv3’s so there’s no technical limitations that stop it from happening.

    Oh well, time will tell if we see a Gadget update in 2020 or if the focus is in selling more Volcas that will collect dust after the initial exitment fades away, I still use my Volca Bass but the Volca Drum is collecting dust, too much know-twisting takes all the fun out of it...(badly design UI at it’s finest bohooo) closely followed by the Electribe 2 ’Lemon’.

    Cheerios!

    Damn, bro. You’re coming strong with the criticism. Never heard ya like this. Sounds like me on their old forum lol. They haven’t even added editing features or proper EQs for KG2 so doubt anything is coming down the pipe anytime soon.

    ? That seemed nothing more than mild and mellow to me. I’m not trying to say you must be easily offended or anything.. but come on... he certainly won’t be boosting the pay per view sales with that one.
    I'm fairly sure if he wanted to @samu by lifting a finger would be capable of much more of a stir.... 😀

    That’s because you’re unfamiliar with the history that Sam and I have with Korg, Gadget and their forums. Trust me, that was edgy for Sam. You haven’t seen my posts to Korg in the past or you’d know I could get a bit nasty, and I’m never offended.

  • edited August 20

    I can see your point, though I am familiar with this forum and I’m 100% certain that I’ve seen Samu a good bit more on the front foot than he was this time.
    Coincidentally I have also been the author of some rather disparaging remarks about Korg both here and on the Korg forum when I used to frequent over there in particular about the Electribe MX 2 - and the lack of customer support... it’s all history now though I suppose.
    Anyway no problemos, I’m sure @Samu will be able to speak for himself should he feel the need.

  • edited August 21

    @Samu said:
    Dear Korg, Whenever / if you drop the next Gadget update please make sure we can use all the effects as IFX effects...
    ...why can't I as an example use the Chorus as an IFX?

    A new AUv3 App & Gadget based on the NTS-1 with at least 4 notes of polyphony and ability to load user oscillators & effects would breathe new life into Gadget as would improved clip-launching and proper tine-line and as well as a sampler Gadget. (Bilbao, Abu Dhabi & Vancouver are 'bad jokes' to be honest, can't even 'sample' or 're-sample' with them).

    Just add a sample oscillator to Wolfsburg as it's already touted to be VA Synth with sampled waveforms but no way to load samples as it's one of the more flexible synths with mod matrix etc...

    iPadOS14 is around the corner and Gadget better be 'compatible' on launch day.
    ...IAA is deprecated, AUv3's is here now, 'wake up!'.

    It's hurts as a 'Gadget Addict' to see the tool fade away with so much potential but abused by bad corporate management...

    Cheers!

    Sorry, user oscillators for Korg SDK on iOS will never happen, Apple does not allow users to compile or load any machine code on the platform for security reasons. Everything has to go through the App Store. It's a limit in the OS. I think their own Swift Playground is the only way you can generate and execute machine code on iOS, and some limited Javascript for the browser.

  • wimwim
    edited August 21

    @Max_Free - I think you're taking "user oscillators" beyond what was meant. For instance, Caustic has had the ability to draw in oscillators since the beginning of iOS music. Kamata has that ability too. Vancouver can make an oscillator out of any portion of any waveform. Adding something like Vancouver's capability to Wolfsburg is all that was meant, I think.

  • I’m over here waiting for master tune in gadget... I’ll pay korg $200 right now for that shit

  • I kinda hope we get workflow improvements and features before AUv3. It's not something I really miss when using gadget. I also don't see them turning the gadgets AUv3 anytime soon unless they plan to sell each one individually as it's own app, which could be more profitable in the long run.

  • @Gaia.Tree said:
    I’m over here waiting for master tune in gadget... I’ll pay korg $200 right now for that shit

    Yo if I find out you paid $200 for that shit I’m gonna be pissed.

  • @KirbyMumbo said:
    I kinda hope we get workflow improvements and features before AUv3. It's not something I really miss when using gadget. I also don't see them turning the gadgets AUv3 anytime soon unless they plan to sell each one individually as it's own app, which could be more profitable in the long run.

    AUv3 will never happen. Ever. That’s why they created that midi gadget whatever the hell it was called. The one that doesn’t even work properly.

  • @KirbyMumbo said:
    I kinda hope we get workflow improvements and features before AUv3. It's not something I really miss when using gadget. I also don't see them turning the gadgets AUv3 anytime soon unless they plan to sell each one individually as it's own app, which could be more profitable in the long run.

    I think if Korg ever took gadget the AU route it would be to host AUfx or something. Turning the gadgets into audio units would be a massive undertaking.

  • @sippy_cup said:
    I think if Korg ever took gadget the AU route it would be to host AUfx or something. Turning the gadgets into audio units would be a massive undertaking.

    A millions tears and words have been shed waiting for Korg to end this misery.
    (But their synths are s-o-o-o-o-o good so make something with one).

  • edited August 21

    Oops...

    The intention was NOT to turn this thread into a sh*t-storm, sorry...

    Gadget still has it’s place on iOS as the sheer amount of quality sounds supported by all the other Korg apps is unmatched by any other ’big name’ company to date...

    Apparently some love the ’Gadget Workflow’ some don’t (me included) so that alone raises a few questions as to why limit the ways to work with the app?

    Imagine Live without time-line with only the clip-launcer and follow events or vice versa with time-line only users would be furious without any doubt.

    It took Apple ages to update Logic as they likely realised that people work in different ways.

    Gadget will stay in my iPad and be part of the most used apps and I hope it will break out of it’s ’walled garden’ at some point and it wold be enough for starters if the Support Apps (iM1, iPolysix, iMono/Poly, iMS-20, Odyssei & Module) get the AUv3 treatment. I know Korg can do ut (Look at Electribe Wave). As for effects an AUv3 version of their MDE-X would give most iPad FX apps some healthy competition!

    Cheers!

  • R_2R_2
    edited August 21

    @wim said:
    @Max_Free - I think you're taking "user oscillators" beyond what was meant. For instance, Caustic has had the ability to draw in oscillators since the beginning of iOS music. Kamata has that ability too. Vancouver can make an oscillator out of any portion of any waveform. Adding something like Vancouver's capability to Wolfsburg is all that was meant, I think.

    I think @Samu meant loading in user oscillators/FX into a NTS-1 based app/gadget. I doubt this will happen, many people will no longer feel the urge to buy a NTS-1 when they can have a cheaper one on their iPhone (especially if it would be 4 voices).
    The ability to load user samples into Wolfsburg was a different request.

    @Gaia.Tree said:
    I’m over here waiting for master tune in gadget... I’ll pay korg $200 right now for that shit

    I’m over here waiting for code optimization (cpu/battery) in gadget... I’ll pay korg $200 right now for that shit B)

  • @McD said:

    @sippy_cup said:
    I think if Korg ever took gadget the AU route it would be to host AUfx or something. Turning the gadgets into audio units would be a massive undertaking.

    A millions tears and words have been shed waiting for Korg to end this misery.
    (But their synths are s-o-o-o-o-o good so make something with one).

    I found it comedic that they did Ewave as AUV3 as its by far my least favorite of their synths. I would be soo happy if they made odyssei and mono/poly auv3.

  • It would be a very Gadget-y thing to do...
    For it not to cannibalize on NTS-1 sales they’d probably lower the amount of OSCs from 1 to 0,5 :D

  • @R_2 said:
    It would be a very Gadget-y thing to do...
    For it not to cannibalize on NTS-1 sales they’d probably lower the amount of OSCs from 1 to 0,5 :D

    What city name would it have to be, though?

  • @u0421793 said:

    @R_2 said:
    It would be a very Gadget-y thing to do...
    For it not to cannibalize on NTS-1 sales they’d probably lower the amount of OSCs from 1 to 0,5 :D

    What city name would it have to be, though?

    Wuhan

  • @R_2 said:
    It would be a very Gadget-y thing to do...
    For it not to cannibalize on NTS-1 sales they’d probably lower the amount of OSCs from 1 to 0,5 :D

    Beathawk or Segments would look great sitting right there inside a gadget with there full library capabilities. A man can dream can’t he

Sign In or Register to comment.