Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• edited August 2019

Have I missed mention of this in the thread -

Which does this

It’s available on several rhythmic gadgets, new ones included

• The upgrade should be free.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Have I missed mention of this in the thread -

Which does this

It’s available on several rhythmic gadgets, new ones included

I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned when Gadget 2 dropped :smiley:

• Yeah, ya missed it. Enjoy. It’s in other DM gadgets too.

• @Peter321 @caspergomez

It figures I missed it- I had given up on Gadget some while back, including reading the monster threads

And now the newest new stuff is really pulling me back in. Korg I send you curses/kisses

• edited August 2019

@Littlewoodg said:
    @Peter321 @caspergomez

It figures I missed it- I had given up on Gadget some while back, including reading the monster threads

And now the newest new stuff is really pulling me back in. Korg I send you curses/kisses

Really? What is it about the new update that has you interested again? I’ve been steadily losing interest with every update. The new file system is a nightmare. No idea why they couldn’t keep the “direct Dropbox import” feature along with the new file system so we have both options.

• edited August 2019

@caspergomez said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @Peter321 @caspergomez

Really? What is it about the new update that has you interested again? I’ve been steadily losing interest with every update. The new file system is a nightmare. No idea why they couldn’t keep the “direct Dropbox import” feature along with the new file system so we have both options.

They get me back the way they always get me: new toys (synth junkie/completist, me)
    Then the shiny wears off, again, and the workflow makes me feel weird and I delete the whole package, again

• @Littlewoodg said:

@caspergomez said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @Peter321 @caspergomez

They get me back the way they always get me: new toys (synth junkie/completist, me)
    Then the shiny wears off, again, and the workflow makes me feel weird and I delete the whole package, again

That’s funny. Do you use BM3 or CU?

• @caspergomez said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @Peter321 @caspergomez

It gets me with the updates too but also pre updates I still dig it lol
    Let's you make great music on a small handheld device... Pretty quickly, easily, and has great features, despite not being the perfect thing

• @caspergomez said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @Peter321 @caspergomez

You must be lucky to have internet anywhere you make music. Dropbox or iCloud wouldn't be an option for me.
    I find the new file handling much better than before, also the new folder support makes a big difference, importing my own sounds and loops is much more fun and less chaotic now.

• @reasOne said:
    Let's you make great music on a small handheld device... Pretty quickly, easily, and has great features, despite not being the perfect thing

Absolutely. I don't get all that complaining. I thought about making my own music for decades, but never had the resources to do so. Now I have. On my f*cking iPad. Awesome.

• I finally crumbled and bought Korg Electribe Wave, basically to use the wave synth in Gadget. Very happy so far!

• edited August 2019

@caspergomez said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@caspergomez said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @Peter321 @caspergomez

That’s funny. Do you use BM3 or CU?

MTS and BM3
    I don’t really have complaints about Gadger btw, in fact it seems as if the latest version fulfills a lot of what was requested here on the forum: KEW port, Files app, IMS-20 port etc. In fact those three things and the arcade synths got me back in. Those and the toned down blue in the GUI, lol. But as I said the workflow doesn’t work for me. Not sure why,
    probably because I try to use every instrument at once

• edited August 2019

Maybe the workflow doesn’t work for you because of the non-traditional, unconventional timeline. It makes the arrangement phase wearisome and time-consuming.

• @caspergomez said:
    Maybe the workflow doesn’t work for you because of the non-traditional, unconventional timeline. It makes the arrangement phase wearisome and time-consuming.

It’s definitely along those lines. A clip launch workflow that’s also linear

• @caspergomez said:

What is wearisome and time consuming is wading through your dozens upon dozens of Korg and Gadget bashing posts. We all get it. Holy crap.

• edited August 2019

@kinkujin said:

@caspergomez said:

What is wearisome and time consuming is wading through your dozens upon dozens of Korg and Gadget bashing posts. We all get it. Holy crap.

Maybe to some. But I’m simply responding to others and they apparently agree.

• I don’t mind the workflow. I got used to it. Makes me arrange my channels for drums and synths together so that makes it easier. Only things are that I hate is the duplicate and copy functionality of it. Would be cool if there was a a way to say create a couple patterns and then drag and drop them on the timeline that I created.

A lot of times I make corrections on one line that I need to add to a couple more then I have to copy each pattern to that section. A simple pattern bank would be cool then just drag it to where I need it.

And add a song loop function. My dreams right there!

• @caspergomez said:
    Maybe to some. But I’m simply responding to others and they apparently agree.

And around and around and around we go...

• @stormywaterz said:
    I don’t mind the workflow. I got used to it. Makes me arrange my channels for drums and synths together so that makes it easier. Only things are that I hate is the duplicate and copy functionality of it. Would be cool if there was a a way to say create a couple patterns and then drag and drop them on the timeline that I created.

A lot of times I make corrections on one line that I need to add to a couple more then I have to copy each pattern to that section. A simple pattern bank would be cool then just drag it to where I need it.

Not sure if your request is the same one i’ve been asking for years. But usually at the end of a song, I’ll add some new drum layer or whatever, and have to copy and paste that to 10-15 Scenes. I’ve asked for a “copy all” which could easily be implemented on the Func-Copy/Paste screen by adding “Copy all” button.

• @caspergomez said:

@stormywaterz said:
    I don’t mind the workflow. I got used to it. Makes me arrange my channels for drums and synths together so that makes it easier. Only things are that I hate is the duplicate and copy functionality of it. Would be cool if there was a a way to say create a couple patterns and then drag and drop them on the timeline that I created.

Not sure if your request is the same one i’ve been asking for years. But usually at the end of a song, I’ll add some new drum layer or whatever, and have to copy and paste that to 10-15 Scenes. I’ve asked for a “copy all” which could easily be implemented on the Func-Copy/Paste screen by adding “Copy all” or “paste all” button.

• Anyone know where the ignore user button is on here?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Anyone know where the ignore user button is on here?

Honest question - Is there one?

• @kinkujin said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Yes, tap on the user name (grey background) and then there's a blue arrow next to message where you can choose ignore...

• @Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Yes, tap on the user name (grey background) and then there's a blue arrow next to message where you can choose ignore...

Lovely. It works. Thank you very much. 👍

• Good Lord. Not sure how some of you make it through the day if you can’t even handle my soft comments.

• @LeonKowalski said:

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Lovely. It works. Thank you very much. 👍

Yes, thank you.

• @caspergomez said:
    Good Lord. Not sure how some of you make it through the day if you can’t even handle my soft comments.

A drop of water is soft, but drops of water on the same area over a long period of time can be torture.

• edited August 2019

• edited August 2019

I’m just going to leave this here and say how much fun it is with Korg Gadget:

Just testing the setup before a nicer walk thru:
    https://youtu.be/xM9cDWjS-z4