Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• Oh my. I’m just starting to realize that the new local and icloud approach that was implemented in Bilbao is waaaaay more painful than I thought. I knew it was much more time consuming in terms of building NEW kits, but oh Lord, I pulled up an old song, and just tried to change the KIT with L/R arrows and it didn’t respond. So I tapped a pad, and then Sample, as I would normally do to pull up the file system to change the sample loop from XYZ-1 to XYZ-2, and rather than seeing the sample list with Current sample highlighted and the “-2” right below it, I was reminded we’re now using FACTORY-LOCAL-ICLOUD and current sample NOT highlighted.

This is sad. Our beloved BILBAO is now on the list of “I’m so turned off to even using it”.

So finally, since I couldn’t use L/R on the kit I tapped kit name, (( once again current kit was not selected forcing me to scroll all the way down to Kit-153 )) and select Kit-154. Once I did that the L/R buttons worked.

Just as i started muting some unnecessary tracks... boom, all VOLS dropped one me, LONDON, BILBAO, etc. At that point, I had to manually go into 23 Tracks and turn up Master VOLS.

Extremely frustrating.

• @ioue
    Just reminded again that when I have some Bilbao tracks in-use and select (for ex:) Wolfsburg, I hear the 1-16 pads being played at the same time as Wolfsburg.

Please don’t tell me I have to select “All” button and change midi channels for every Track in the song now?

I finally got in the mood today to Play around with Gadget and it’s issue after issue. Losing me here.

• edited August 2019

Korg support site says they're on vacation for this week, which was why i was surprised to see ioue post here.

He said this on this very thread on August 8:
    I will have a vacation time in Japan from the next week

So "next week" is right now. We can keep posting all we want today but no response should be expected for now.

• @caspergomez said:
    Oh my. I’m just starting to realize that the new local and icloud approach that was implemented in Bilbao is waaaaay more painful than I thought. I knew it was much more time consuming in terms of building NEW kits, but oh Lord, I pulled up an old song, and just tried to change the KIT with L/R arrows and it didn’t respond. So I tapped a pad, and then Sample, as I would normally do to pull up the file system to change the sample loop from XYZ-1 to XYZ-2, and rather than seeing the sample list with Current sample highlighted and the “-2” right below it, I was reminded we’re now using FACTORY-LOCAL-ICLOUD and current sample NOT highlighted.

This is sad. Our beloved BILBAO is now on the list of “I’m so turned off to even using it”.

So finally, since I couldn’t use L/R on the kit I tapped kit name, (( once again current kit was not selected forcing me to scroll all the way down to Kit-153 )) and select Kit-154. Once I did that the L/R buttons worked.

Just as i started muting some unnecessary tracks... boom, all VOLS dropped one me, LONDON, BILBAO, etc. At that point, I had to manually go into 23 Tracks and turn up Master VOLS.

Extremely frustrating.

23 tracks? What’s your buffer set to?

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Korg support site says they're on vacation for this week, which was why i was surprised to see ioue post here.

He said this on this very thread on August 8:
    I will have a vacation time in Japan from the next week

So "next week" is right now. We can keep posting all we want today but no response should be expected for now.

Thanks for the heads up

• @maxwellhouser said:

@caspergomez said:
    Oh my. I’m just starting to realize that the new local and icloud approach that was implemented in Bilbao is waaaaay more painful than I thought. I knew it was much more time consuming in terms of building NEW kits, but oh Lord, I pulled up an old song, and just tried to change the KIT with L/R arrows and it didn’t respond. So I tapped a pad, and then Sample, as I would normally do to pull up the file system to change the sample loop from XYZ-1 to XYZ-2, and rather than seeing the sample list with Current sample highlighted and the “-2” right below it, I was reminded we’re now using FACTORY-LOCAL-ICLOUD and current sample NOT highlighted.

Extremely frustrating.

23 tracks? What’s your buffer set to?

I’ve used both over the years but haven’t seen much of a diff. I think I’m at 512.

Usually my songs include 20-27 tracks or even 30 with no issues bc I use a lot of Bilbao.

• @caspergomez said:

Usually my songs include 20-27 tracks or even 30 with no issues bc I use a lot of Bilbao.

Gotcha. I haven’t had issues with the new update yet. Usually I have 5-6 Bilbao’s and bunch of synths per session

• Im really enjoying the updates. Been doing some Cage the Elephant covers on it today and using the newer gadgets with Darwin and it was sounding pretty awesome

• @maxwellhouser said:

@caspergomez said:

Gotcha. I haven’t had issues with the new update yet. Usually I have 5-6 Bilbao’s and bunch of synths per session

That’s good. I’ve had issues over the past few updates so I know it’s not this one.

• So in Beathawk you can run your finger on the top of timeline to loop certain timeframes of the song. What if gadget had something like that except on the side of the screen from pattern 1 down to the last and you can just run your finger down the patterns you selected to loop.

Any other ideas would be good to. I know there has to be a way to loop a song in gadget. So you can freestyle parts or work on transitions.

• Dusted off my old nanokontrol 2 and new funky blue nanopad and decided to try using only gadgets that I have visited. Not too many options since I'm not well travelled but lots of fun with these cheap and cheerful controllers

• edited August 2019

Is anybody having trouble with warszawa? All of a sudden it has no sound in Gadget. I’ve checked everything I can think of. Deleted and re installed KEW. I just had to get my iPad Pro 2017 swapped for screen freeze issue and I did a restore from backup but could someone open Gadget and instantiate a Warszawa and see if the sound works. All the presets are there but no waveforms-I restored purchases in everything. KEW was updated to a new version as well so I don’t know if that broke something...

Edit, I just checked on my old iPad Air 2 and it’s working fine... I think I need to reinstall Gadget

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@maxwellhouser said:
    Is anybody having trouble with warszawa? All of a sudden it has no sound in Gadget. I’ve checked everything I can think of. Deleted and re installed KEW. I just had to get my iPad Pro 2017 swapped for screen freeze issue and I did a restore from backup but could someone open Gadget and instantiate a Warszawa and see if the sound works. All the presets are there but no waveforms-I restored purchases in everything. KEW was updated to a new version as well so I don’t know if that broke something...

Edit, I just checked on my old iPad Air 2 and it’s working fine... I think I need to reinstall Gadget

I hate to ask the obvious, but did you try a reboot of the Pro? Also, if it was an iCloud restore, sometimes they look like they're done, but are still doing stuff for awhile in the background.

• S> @wim said:

@maxwellhouser said:

I hate to ask the obvious, but did you try a reboot of the Pro? Also, if it was an iCloud restore, sometimes they look like they're done, but are still doing stuff for awhile in the background.

About 23 reboots!,..:) . I did the iCloud restore days ago...

• I’ll make a copy of my local gadget 2 folder to be safe and reinstall I guess

• edited August 2019

@maxwellhouser said:
    I’ll make a copy of my local gadget 2 folder to be safe and reinstall I guess

Export any user presets you've made, and then try Settings > Other settings > Utility > Remove Warszawa. After you reopen Gadget it should ask if you want to install it again.

• @cretakano said:

@maxwellhouser said:
    I’ll make a copy of my local gadget 2 folder to be safe and reinstall I guess

Try Settings > Other settings > Utility > Remove Warszawa. After you reopen Gadget it should ask if you want to install it again.

It worked! Thank you @cretakano, I didn’t know about the utility.

• edited August 2019

Is module worth it? I have m1 and usually use that or the pcm one in gadget for stuff like piano and organ, etc and can’t decide if I need module or not. I like the sounds out of m1 but of module captures acoustic instrument better I don’t mind buying that one as well

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Is module worth it? I have m1 and usually use that or the pcm one in gadget for stuff like piano and organ, etc and can’t decide if I need module or not. I like the sounds out of m1 but of module captures acoustic instrument better I don’t mind buying that one as well

I use it mainly for multi sampled Rhodes & Wurli but there are really a lot of sounds in there, one of the packs has some multi sampled prophet patches and a lot more-
    I’m glad to have it. I have all the IAPs too and it probably wasn’t cheap even at 50%...

• edited August 2019

If you’re all about those types of sounds for what you do, then I guess it would be good to have better quality alternatives to what’s in iM1. You may have to buy the expansion packs as well and all that could get pricey IMO just to have “variations” of the same old stuff. Triton pack is probably the most diverse variety of sounds to add to it. Again, depends on which specific sounds you love and go to most often.

• @maxwellhouser said:

I use it mainly for multi sampled Rhodes & Wurli but there are really a lot of sounds in there, one of the packs has some multi sampled prophet patches and a lot more-
    I’m glad to have it. I have all the IAPs too and it probably wasn’t cheap even at 50%...

Well, with the Prophet patches, I’m pretty much sold. Do you like the Rhodes pretty well? That is one sound I’m always not entirely satisfied in other stuff I’ve used and tend to need it a lot for some funk soul beats I make.

• Yeah. I agree. A HQ Rhodes is hard to find, and it’s probably not going to be on iOS. Thinking Native Instruments Komplete, possibly.

• @caspergomez said:
    Yeah. I agree. A HQ Rhodes is hard to find, and it’s probably not going to be on iOS. Thinking Native Instruments Komplete, possibly.

The Rhodes expansion in Module is Scarbee/ same as komplete

• @JackDwyerburger said:

@maxwellhouser said:

Well, with the Prophet patches, I’m pretty much sold. Do you like the Rhodes pretty well? That is one sound I’m always not entirely satisfied in other stuff I’ve used and tend to need it a lot for some funk soul beats I make.

It's amazing how often (despite everything) I end up back with Module....

• Yeah I’m really liking the sounds in it so far, haven’t got any of the iaps but I’ll probably get at least one of them tonight. The Rhodes sounds pretty nice and I’m able to get that soft EP sound for those R&B type chords. That clav is funky af too, I’ll be doing lots of funk in gadget for a minute now

• @maxwellhouser said:

@caspergomez said:
    Yeah. I agree. A HQ Rhodes is hard to find, and it’s probably not going to be on iOS. Thinking Native Instruments Komplete, possibly.

The Rhodes expansion in Module is Scarbee/ same as komplete

Ok, then scratch that. I don’t know... always feels like they miss some expressiveness... maybe it’s me.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Yeah I’m really liking the sounds in it so far, haven’t got any of the iaps but I’ll probably get at least one of them tonight. The Rhodes sounds pretty nice and I’m able to get that soft EP sound for those R&B type chords. That clav is funky af too, I’ll be doing lots of funk in gadget for a minute now

Cool man! Glad it’s workin out for ya!

• @R_2 said:
    By the way, on my iPhone Rex files have the Propellerheads Recycle logo on their icons. Has that always been this way? Or is Recycle for iOS coming :o
    Cause on my iPad they have a different icon (GoodReader app in my case).

My guess is that on your phone, Gadget provided the icon and was the last installed app that registered for supporting the Rx2 extension.

• It's strange that all of the Gadget and other related apps by Korg are currently on a sale until Saturday 31st August, including Korg Gadget 2 for Mac. Almost all their apps are on sale. Except, it seems, for the upgrade to Gadget 2 on the Mac, which seems to be the normal usual price. Which means there’s no hurry, no need to get it any time soon, it’ll be the same price any time you decide much later on.

• @u0421793 said:
    It's strange that all of the Gadget and other related apps by Korg are currently on a sale until Saturday 31st August, including Korg Gadget 2 for Mac. Almost all their apps are on sale. Except, it seems, for the upgrade to Gadget 2 on the Mac, which seems to be the normal usual price. Which means there’s no hurry, no need to get it any time soon, it’ll be the same price any time you decide much later on.

I was hoping to get a break as well on the Mac upgrade! Didn’t buy it...