Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

1272830323360

Comments

  • @ioue said:

    @BCKeys said:
    Ok, I think I am stupid.. 👀 I get the update yesterday but I don't see what exactly changed ?

    @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

    Glad to see people from Korg Team here, ioue 👍

    Are you maybe working on a new management of the presets ? Gadget is my #1 music app, just because it's the only one that makes it possible to do everything, imo.
    But I often have a little trouble finding myself among the thousands of presets.
    A search bar would be welcome, or a system of favorites, or grouping all gadgets with categories in a search panel (leads, horns, EP's, strings..), or any idea that would better navigate 🙂

    My other request is please, never stop Gadget ! ❤️😋

    Honestly, search option is undergoing, you may see that option in the next few updates at least.

    Thank you 🤗 Wow 7PM, time to quit, quick quick 😱 have a good evening, ioue

  • @ioue said:
    And... I do not forget about Stockholm, of course.

    Thank you! <3

  • Do we have any info on the pricing of the two new Gadgets?
    (I need to bunk up some store-credits before I go on vacation).

  • @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

    Oh yeah! How about some midi clock and program change out? I could actually use Gadget if you added those. I love a lot about it, but I can integrate it with my hardware without those. :)

  • edited June 27

    @Multicellular said:

    @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

    Oh yeah! How about some midi clock and program change out? I could actually use Gadget if you added those. I love a lot about it, but I can integrate it with my hardware without those. :)

    Gadget already follows MIDI Clock and IMHO that's worth a lot more, including hardware sync.
    Program changes would be useful indeed, and an automation editor that shows values!

  • After updating it’s taking 20-30 seconds for my local user samples to show up, and hanging until they do. Hope this gets a quick fix!

    Also gutted that the search bar for user samples has gone.. I have about 3000 samples in my Gadget folder, with all the filenames edited so they were easy to search for - BD, SD, HH, SP1200, ESQ-1 etc.

    Currently on holiday with just my Nanokey Studio and iPhone, so wish I hadn’t updated!

    @ioue Please bring back the search bar for the user folder! Also, Is it possible to import custom iM1/Darwin presets on iPhone with this update? Was hoping iWavestation and Oddysei would be included in the sale too!

  • @cretakano said:
    After updating it’s taking 20-30 seconds for my local user samples to show up, and hanging until they do. Hope this gets a quick fix!

    Also gutted that the search bar for user samples has gone.. I have about 3000 samples in my Gadget folder, with all the filenames edited so they were easy to search for - BD, SD, HH, SP1200, ESQ-1 etc.

    Currently on holiday with just my Nanokey Studio and iPhone, so wish I hadn’t updated!

    @ioue Please bring back the search bar for the user folder! Also, Is it possible to import custom iM1/Darwin presets on iPhone with this update? Was hoping iWavestation and Oddysei would be included in the sale too!

    Ouch! Sounds like a warning to better not update. Thanks.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

    Oh yeah! How about some midi clock and program change out? I could actually use Gadget if you added those. I love a lot about it, but I can integrate it with my hardware without those. :)

    Gadget already follows MIDI Clock and IMHO that's worth a lot more, including hardware sync.
    Program changes would be useful indeed, and an automation editor that shows values!

    Useless to me. I need something that can change tempo, which Gadget can. So I need it to be the master.

  • @rs2000 said:

    and an automation editor that shows values!

    +1000000000000000000 on that one...

    Also I'd love to see improved 'step recording'.

    While 'record' is enabled allow us to set the playhead location and 'snapshot' the Gadget parameters to the selected step.
    This would for example make it easy to change the entire Kamata waveform per step.

    Other things that would make it easier to draw automation would be if the 'Gadget' was 'live' when drawing the values.
    For example when drawing 'sample start' in the automation editor the 'Gadget' should reflect the value changes.

    This would allow more precise automation editing!

    Also proper 'step recording' of notes could be handy.
    Just enable record, tap a key or keys on the external controller or a Gadget once the keys are released or 'tie/rest' is tapped the playhead should advance to the next step with 'tie' extending the notes. Step length is defined by the grid.
    (This is the way Logic work, the tie/rest button is the 'sustain pedal').

    @ioue Welcome to the forum, lots of 'Free R&D' is being done here even though the tone can sometimes get a bit harsh but it's most of the time meant with good intent in mind in order to improve Gadget :)

    Looking forward to get my fingers on the new Gadgets!

  • @Multicellular said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

    Oh yeah! How about some midi clock and program change out? I could actually use Gadget if you added those. I love a lot about it, but I can integrate it with my hardware without those. :)

    Gadget already follows MIDI Clock and IMHO that's worth a lot more, including hardware sync.
    Program changes would be useful indeed, and an automation editor that shows values!

    Useless to me. I need something that can change tempo, which Gadget can. So I need it to be the master.

    Interesting. What kind of hardware is it that cannot change tempo?
    All my grooveboxes and sequencers, even the Arturia Keystep and the old Beatstep, can send MIDI Clock, they have a nice knob for changing tempo (plus live tap tempo and start/stop/continue commands) and Gadget follows 1:1.

  • @ioue said:

    @ratti said:
    wtf it takes me like 2 minutes to switch from „factory“ to „local“ the new sample browser is unusable when its this laggy

    How many samples in the "local"? And let me know your device info?

    ipad pro ios 12.3.1
    i have about 4000 samples in my local folder

  • @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

    Oh yeah! How about some midi clock and program change out? I could actually use Gadget if you added those. I love a lot about it, but I can integrate it with my hardware without those. :)

    Gadget already follows MIDI Clock and IMHO that's worth a lot more, including hardware sync.
    Program changes would be useful indeed, and an automation editor that shows values!

    Useless to me. I need something that can change tempo, which Gadget can. So I need it to be the master.

    Interesting. What kind of hardware is it that cannot change tempo?
    All my grooveboxes and sequencers, even the Arturia Keystep and the old Beatstep, can send MIDI Clock, they have a nice knob for changing tempo (plus live tap tempo and start/stop/continue commands) and Gadget follows 1:1.

    Ah. Sorry not to be clear. Tempo automation is what I mean. Like you launch a scene and each scene can have its own tempo. Gadget added this recently which was great, but without clock out or start/stop, it doesn't work for external arps or automation.

  • @Multicellular said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

    Oh yeah! How about some midi clock and program change out? I could actually use Gadget if you added those. I love a lot about it, but I can integrate it with my hardware without those. :)

    Gadget already follows MIDI Clock and IMHO that's worth a lot more, including hardware sync.
    Program changes would be useful indeed, and an automation editor that shows values!

    Useless to me. I need something that can change tempo, which Gadget can. So I need it to be the master.

    Interesting. What kind of hardware is it that cannot change tempo?
    All my grooveboxes and sequencers, even the Arturia Keystep and the old Beatstep, can send MIDI Clock, they have a nice knob for changing tempo (plus live tap tempo and start/stop/continue commands) and Gadget follows 1:1.

    Ah. Sorry not to be clear. Tempo automation is what I mean. Like you launch a scene and each scene can have its own tempo. Gadget added this recently which was great, but without clock out or start/stop, it doesn't work for external arps or automation.

    Oh, you're right, I didn't consider tempo changes inside Gadget.

  • @Samu said:
    Do we have any info on the pricing of the two new Gadgets?
    (I need to bunk up some store-credits before I go on vacation).

    I think it's ridiculous at this point that KORG sold Gadget 2 back in February as having "two new gadgets", and they still haven't been released.

  • @Seangarland said:

    I think it's ridiculous at this point that KORG sold Gadget 2 back in February as having "two new gadgets", and they still haven't been released.

    What's even more ridiculous is the reliance on AudioCopy.app to do actual sampling :)

    I mean seriously. A 'Sampler Gadget' with 'input recording' & 'render scene & track to sample' and a basic audio-editor to trim, normalise, process thru effects etc. would lift Gadget up a notch.

    While Vancouver is nice it would be even better to add a 'sampler oscillator' to Wolfsburg that allowed user samples :)

    Not to mention being able to use user samples in all sample based Gadgets and also use the 'Gadget Samples' in Bilbao, AbuDhabi and Vancouver etc.

    Track Routing could also be handy to enable processing of any Gadget Track thru the audio Gadgets.

    It would also be nice to route any Gadget track as a modulation source to the iMS-20 Gadget :)
    (And talking about iMS-20 please add PWM as a modulation destination in the patch bay).

    So yeah, there are many areas in Gadget that can still be improved but I guess it's a matter of resource management...

  • @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

    Oh yeah! How about some midi clock and program change out? I could actually use Gadget if you added those. I love a lot about it, but I can integrate it with my hardware without those. :)

    Gadget already follows MIDI Clock and IMHO that's worth a lot more, including hardware sync.
    Program changes would be useful indeed, and an automation editor that shows values!

    Useless to me. I need something that can change tempo, which Gadget can. So I need it to be the master.

    Interesting. What kind of hardware is it that cannot change tempo?
    All my grooveboxes and sequencers, even the Arturia Keystep and the old Beatstep, can send MIDI Clock, they have a nice knob for changing tempo (plus live tap tempo and start/stop/continue commands) and Gadget follows 1:1.

    Ah. Sorry not to be clear. Tempo automation is what I mean. Like you launch a scene and each scene can have its own tempo. Gadget added this recently which was great, but without clock out or start/stop, it doesn't work for external arps or automation.

    Oh, you're right, I didn't consider tempo changes inside Gadget.

    If I remember right, if you do this tempo automation in Gadget it disables link too

  • @Samu said:

    @Seangarland said:

    I think it's ridiculous at this point that KORG sold Gadget 2 back in February as having "two new gadgets", and they still haven't been released.

    What's even more ridiculous is the reliance on AudioCopy.app to do actual sampling :)

    I mean seriously. A 'Sampler Gadget' with 'input recording' & 'render scene & track to sample' and a basic audio-editor to trim, normalise, process thru effects etc. would lift Gadget up a notch.

    While Vancouver is nice it would be even better to add a 'sampler oscillator' to Wolfsburg that allowed user samples :)

    Not to mention being able to use user samples in all sample based Gadgets and also use the 'Gadget Samples' in Bilbao, AbuDhabi and Vancouver etc.

    Track Routing could also be handy to enable processing of any Gadget Track thru the audio Gadgets.

    It would also be nice to route any Gadget track as a modulation source to the iMS-20 Gadget :)
    (And talking about iMS-20 please add PWM as a modulation destination in the patch bay).

    So yeah, there are many areas in Gadget that can still be improved but I guess it's a matter of resource management...

    All this!!! Plus time stretch in the samplers. That would be most awesome. Gadget could be king if they would get out of there own way and allow it to be a part of the ecosystem. It would be amazing to add an au gadget and allow au fx.

  • Long samples 🤾‍♀️ long samples 🤹‍♂️ long samples 🤸‍♂️

  • @AndyPlankton said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Multicellular said:

    @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

    Oh yeah! How about some midi clock and program change out? I could actually use Gadget if you added those. I love a lot about it, but I can integrate it with my hardware without those. :)

    Gadget already follows MIDI Clock and IMHO that's worth a lot more, including hardware sync.
    Program changes would be useful indeed, and an automation editor that shows values!

    Useless to me. I need something that can change tempo, which Gadget can. So I need it to be the master.

    Interesting. What kind of hardware is it that cannot change tempo?
    All my grooveboxes and sequencers, even the Arturia Keystep and the old Beatstep, can send MIDI Clock, they have a nice knob for changing tempo (plus live tap tempo and start/stop/continue commands) and Gadget follows 1:1.

    Ah. Sorry not to be clear. Tempo automation is what I mean. Like you launch a scene and each scene can have its own tempo. Gadget added this recently which was great, but without clock out or start/stop, it doesn't work for external arps or automation.

    Oh, you're right, I didn't consider tempo changes inside Gadget.

    If I remember right, if you do this tempo automation in Gadget it disables link too

    Indeed that would be a good reason to add MIDI Clock output. MIDI Clock receivers can follow tempo changes instantly, or with a very short delay if smoothing is involved.

  • And add a loop project button. Especially when your trying to create a song and have to restart everything every time lol.

  • @yonhorizon said:
    Long samples 🤾‍♀️ long samples 🤹‍♂️ long samples 🤸‍♂️

    Velocity keyboards 🤞velocity keyboards 🙏 velocity keyboards 👍

  • Welcome @ioue

    Thank you so much for being here! 👍👍👍

    Gadget is a fantastic work of art and my number 1 app (ichiban!!!).

    Please keep developing it and visiting this forum. It’s much appreciated. ✊❤️🎹

  • Midi Scene Launch Triggers :D Midi Scene Launch Triggers ;) Midi Scene Launch Triggers B)

  • @ioue Very boring video, but this shows how long it takes for my local samples to show up. It freezes for 20-30 seconds, and if I touch anything during that time the browser closes as soon as the samples do show up.

    Also, the list doesn’t start from the current sample any more and always goes back to the top instead, so I need to scroll through 3000 samples every time, with no search bar to help find what I’m looking for.

  • @stormywaterz said:
    And add a loop project button. Especially when your trying to create a song and have to restart everything every time lol.

    I know I have been saying that forever now!

  • @cretakano said:
    After updating it’s taking 20-30 seconds for my local user samples to show up, and hanging until they do. Hope this gets a quick fix!

    Also gutted that the search bar for user samples has gone.. I have about 3000 samples in my Gadget folder, with all the filenames edited so they were easy to search for - BD, SD, HH, SP1200, ESQ-1 etc.

    Currently on holiday with just my Nanokey Studio and iPhone, so wish I hadn’t updated!

    @ioue Please bring back the search bar for the user folder! Also, Is it possible to import custom iM1/Darwin presets on iPhone with this update? Was hoping iWavestation and Oddysei would be included in the sale too!

    Just noticed you cannot search anymore! What a colossal failure....no Dropbox Sample auditioning, no sample key word searching, extreme lag when browsing, Projects where Stockholm had user files load empty, and Bilbao has the same issue and Abudabi....what a disaster....an absolute disgrace of an update

  • Gimme the two new Gadgets so I can contribute a bit more to the continued development of Gadget :)
    The only 'things' I'm missing for now are a few IAPs for Module.

    If new 'Gadgets' pop up that are based on existing Korg apps I'm mostly covered there too...
    (Only missing the Gorillaz Edition of iElecribe).

  • How do I make all my iCloud samples ‘local’ with a few taps?

  • I’m confused...if I move from local to cloud it’s not in local, if I do it the other way the opposite is true....so how do I synchronise so my samples are both?

  • @DaveMagoo said:
    How do I make all my iCloud samples ‘local’ with a few taps?

    Maybe you'll need to use the Files.app for that until 'batch move' becomes available?
    (I'll dig into the folder management later today so the above is just a quickie).

Sign In or Register to comment.