Korg Gadget 2 !

1222324252628»

Comments

• Isn't this the speculation topic before release?
    Would be better if new stuff ends up in the "released" topic, or?

Most people hate to scan multiple topics for the same topic :smiley:

So, pleaseeeee write there: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31507/korg-gadget-2-released

• @enc said:

@recccp said:
    Anyone managed to get ms-20 (Memphis) installed on 6s+?

6s ... yes

Thx for confirmation.
    Still can't see it in the list... :(

• @tja said:
    Isn't this the speculation topic before release?
    Would be better if new stuff ends up in the "released" topic, or?

Most people hate to scan multiple topics for the same topic :smiley:

So, pleaseeeee write there: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31507/korg-gadget-2-released

You're right, I'll blame Google Search this time... :)

• @recccp said:

@enc said:

@recccp said:

6s ... yes

Thx for confirmation.

Have you enabled iCloud Drive?

If you don’t have a “Korg Gadget” folder inside iCloud Drive then you need to save a file to iCloud Drive to make Gadget create the folder.

You do this from the “open” popup thing from the file menu. (Obviously).

Click on a cloud icon — which should be grey — and it will turn blue and you’ll have iCloud Drive enabled.

Restart your iPhone and try again, also making sure your iPad is on the same WiFi network and have it running gadget (I’m not sure if this step is necessary, but it won’t hurt).

The missing gadgets should now be in the list and you’ll be able to remote install.

• @klownshed said:

@recccp said:

@enc said:

@recccp said:

6s ... yes

Thx for confirmation.

Have you enabled iCloud Drive?

If you don’t have a “Korg Gadget” folder inside iCloud Drive then you need to save a file to iCloud Drive to make Gadget create the folder.

You do this from the “open” popup thing from the file menu. (Obviously).

Click on a cloud icon — which should be grey — and it will turn blue and you’ll have iCloud Drive enabled.

Restart your iPhone and try again, also making sure your iPad is on the same WiFi network and have it running gadget (I’m not sure if this step is necessary, but it won’t hurt).

The missing gadgets should now be in the list and you’ll be able to remote install.

Yay... Success!
    Thanks for the tip, didn't know iCloud is needed for installation.
    👍

• Does this work if you’re not the main user account on the iPad, can I just sign in to the App Store on the iPad then download and run Gadget, or do I need to be signed into iCloud on both?

• @GrimLucky said:
    Does this work if you’re not the main user account on the iPad, can I just sign in to the App Store on the iPad then download and run Gadget, or do I need to be signed into iCloud on both?

You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices, and the apps must have been purchased on that account. You should be able to then sign back in with the primary account in the iPad after the remote install. Just guessing though. I’m not gonna try it out. :#

• @GrimLucky said:
    Does this work if you’re not the main user account on the iPad, can I just sign in to the App Store on the iPad then download and run Gadget, or do I need to be signed into iCloud on both?

I think it should ...
    After enabling iCloud on phone and iPad, I’ve shared one project (with Memphis included) from iPad, launched Gadget on the phone, Buy/Remote install Memphis option appeared in the list. Then all you need is to be on the same network, and run Gadget on both iPad and iPhone.

• @wim said:

@GrimLucky said:

You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices, and the apps must have been purchased on that account. You should be able to then sign back in with the primary account in the iPad after the remote install. Just guessing though. I’m not gonna try it out. :#

Thanks, haven’t got ms20 yet but am looking to try this, I’ll back up the iPad to my laptop first in case of any hiccups...

• @recccp said:

Yay... Success!
    Thanks for the tip, didn't know iCloud is needed for installation.
    👍

It had me stumped for a while. Korg mention in the manual you need iCloud drive activated but don't tell you how to actually activate it. Glad it helped :smile:

• So Korg Gadget has just been updated. Bugfixes, and UI improvements. I really don't see the latter, because the grid colour in the note editing window is still the same. Couldn't it be made brighter so I can actually see it @davis_korgrd ?