Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• Korg always does this. It will drop out of nowhere. I’m surprised we have this much info

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Seangarland said:

I would guess that those are probably the two gadgets, but I don’t think this is proof just yet.

I really wish @davis_korgrd wouldn't be so elusive and would give us screenshots/more info/a ballpark release date. The lack of info is frustrating to say the least.

That would be cool. If he were the only developer at a small shop, he could probably be very communicative. I'm sure he has limits on what he can divulge based on how Korg likes to do things.

• wimwim
    edited February 2019

In more than one place I've worked it would be grounds for firing to communicating a release date or other details without marketing approval. Like @overorange said, he's most likely limited in what he can communicate.

Sheesh I'm glad this stuff isn't as stress inducing to me as it seems to be to some people. B)

• it will be released in February. this is way more info than korg has ever released in the past for an update. they usually just appear.

• Yes, but are we there yet?! 🤣

• Well I remember the last time they said they were releasing a Gadget update on a certain date they had to postpone it, so that's why they're not doing that again ;)

• @Carnbot said:
    Well I remember the last time they said they were releasing a Gadget update on a certain date they had to postpone it, so that's why they're not doing that again ;)

They shouldn’t do it at all- just release it when it’s ready- why not? At least that would save all the mindbendy mymusicallio on the touchypad thinkybouters (My small tribute to Stanley Unwin)

• @robosardine said:

@Carnbot said:
    Well I remember the last time they said they were releasing a Gadget update on a certain date they had to postpone it, so that's why they're not doing that again ;)

They shouldn’t do it at all- just release it when it’s ready- why not? At least that would save all the mindbendy mymusicallio on the touchypad thinkybouters (My small tribute to Stanley Unwin)

Been a long time since I've thought of Basic Engly Twenty Fido :)

• Future Music magazine issue 341 says that:

_Gadget 2 also sports a redesigned user interface, with the main screen view now enabling you to see the status of each track at a glance. Smooth tempo change and fade-in/out functions have been added, too. _

• R_2R_2
    edited February 2019

@vitocorleone123 said:
    Future Music magazine issue 341 says that:

_Gadget 2 also sports a redesigned user interface, with the main screen view now enabling you to see the status of each track at a glance. Smooth tempo change and fade-in/out functions have been added, too. _

That’s info from January: https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0118/

• @R_2 said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    Future Music magazine issue 341 says that:

That’s info from January: https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0118/

I'm so glad they can provide such a scoop, then. :p
    Well. More confirmation, anyway. I guess.

• Last time I checked we knew all the new gadgets except for two. Is this still accurate or do we now know the names and nature of all of Gadget 2?

• [checks watch] Whoops, time for another low-content post to bump this thread back up the list and annoy people who'll check it hoping for new information!

[points to a particular sentence in the original press release] Did everyone notice this sentence though? Is this new? What could it mean?

• edited February 2019

I would be amazed if the two ‘unnamed’ Gadgets aren’t these two that they’ve already stated will be released in early 2019.

• @SpookyZoo said:

I would be amazed if the two ‘unnamed’ Gadgets are’nt these two that they’ve already stated will be released in early 2019.

Yeah, I'm not sure how this is such a mystery. What's a mystery is the endless subcategorization of chiptunes by gaming consoles. I'm just looking for the perfect hockey rink organ bass timbre from NHL94 on the Sega Genesis....

• Haha.

I want a Manic Miner drum synth.

@ExAsperis99 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

I would be amazed if the two ‘unnamed’ Gadgets are’nt these two that they’ve already stated will be released in early 2019.

Yeah, I'm not sure how this is such a mystery. What's a mystery is the endless subcategorization of chiptunes by gaming consoles. I'm just looking for the perfect hockey rink organ bass timbre from NHL94 on the Sega Genesis....

• Soon we are closing in on the end of february :D

• I’m wondering if I actually will pay the money for the macOS upgrade. I’ve discovered that I can move separate audio tracks exported from Gadget (via the ‘itunes’ route) and then use Files to move the resulting set of files into the Auria folder, from where Auria can actually see them. I can do all the balance mixing and final mastering there.

This means I’m less reliant on macOS to do the bulk of the work (I’d still do vocals there in LPX with the pitch meter in front of me, and flex pitch when needed, but I can do that over the top of a mixdown, and move the vocals over to the iPad as an audio file when I’ve finished vocals).

The days of not requiring a macOS machine at all are getting closer, and the notion of doing everything on an iPad is becoming realer.

• Now that’s what I want to hear. Glad to know that one day it will still happen. Yay! I am rooting (routing?) for iOS all the way too for complete music making from start to finish on my IPAD PRO so thanks for sharing your insight. Cheers!

@u0421793 said:
    I’m wondering if I actually will pay the money for the macOS upgrade. I’ve discovered that I can move separate audio tracks exported from Gadget (via the ‘itunes’ route) and then use Files to move the resulting set of files into the Auria folder, from where Auria can actually see them. I can do all the balance mixing and final mastering there.

This means I’m less reliant on macOS to do the bulk of the work (I’d still do vocals there in LPX with the pitch meter in front of me, and flex pitch when needed, but I can do that over the top of a mixdown, and move the vocals over to the iPad as an audio file when I’ve finished vocals).

The days of not requiring a macOS machine at all are getting closer, and the notion of doing everything on an iPad is becoming realer.

• Okay, we're past the middle of February. I remember the last time Korg said they'd release something in February, and then it became pushed up to March. I hope this won't be the case this time. That would suck, lol.

• Yeah I'm frothing at the mouth a little for this too. I know it's not gonna be super different, I'm just anxious to sink my teeth into iMS-20 inside Gadget. Also anxious about new IFX and hoping the changes to the view help smooth the experience a little.

I'm not expecting a game changer, just some QOL updates to help out the overall experience :)

• Thought they’d release it on Valentine’s day. But apparently they don’t <3 us :'(

• I got dem foreboding Gadget background blues man.

• @robosardine said:
    I got dem foreboding Gadget background blues man.

No worries. This is going to be a total Game Changer™ — I feel it in my bones! This is Gadget, barefoot with its hair down, eager to get along with all the messy workflows of iOS.

Either that or I start drinking again.

• @ExAsperis99 I mean can we drink anyway?! Lol

• @icsleepers said:
    @ExAsperis99 I mean can we drink anyway?! Lol

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@icsleepers said:

ENABLERS!

Ooops. Sorry, my problem, not yours :) As for The Gadge. I am off across the planet next Thursday morning, so you may go ahead and set your watches as regards a Friday release etc... You're welcome.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@icsleepers said:

ENABLERS!

Ooops. Sorry, my problem, not yours :) As for The Gadge. I am off across the planet next Thursday morning, so you may go ahead and set your watches as regards a Friday release etc... You're welcome.

I'm drinking sparkling apple juice in party-appropriate glassware to make everyone comfortable!