Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• edited January 2019

I wonder if it was financially viable for Propellorheads [edit: I mean SugarBytes!] to convert their apps to AU? My hope is that they recouped much more than the development costs in new sales.

• @gusgranite said:
    I wonder if it was financially viable for Propellorheads to convert their apps to AU? My hope is that they recouped much more than the development costs in new sales.

Which Propellerhead apps are AU? Have I missed news of an update?

• @Beathoven said:

@gusgranite said:
    I wonder if it was financially viable for Propellorheads to convert their apps to AU? My hope is that they recouped much more than the development costs in new sales.

Doh! I mean SugarBytes! Going back to add an edit to my post :blush:

• @Beathoven said:

@gusgranite said:

where is said that they are AU?

• @gusgranite said:

@Beathoven said:

@gusgranite said:

Doh! I mean SugarBytes! Going back to add an edit to my post :blush:

Oh, ok. You got me a bit excited there for a moment. :#

• @MAtrixplan said:

@Beathoven said:

@gusgranite said:

where is said that they are AU?

What a daftee! (I meant SugarBytes...) 😗

• I'm looking forward to this Friday. I hope Korg is ready to deliver the new Gadget to us and for us to find out what the two undisclosed IAPs are (although I bet they'll be Ebina and Otorii).

@davis_korgrd Will Gadget 2 be released this coming Friday? Will we at least have some screenshots of what's new to whet the appetite? Will we find out what the two undisclosed IAPs are? Sorry mate, I'm just so excited!

• I kind of remember when Gadget went universal it didn’t drop until the end of Feb, it was around the same time frame. I hope I’m wrong lol :(

• .> @icsleepers said:

I kind of remember when Gadget went universal it didn’t drop until the end of Feb, it was around the same time frame. I hope I’m wrong lol :(

I’m not expecting it any time soon either....... one things for sure.... they never arrive early😼

• @robosardine said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@robosardine said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I think their iOS strategy could be summed up with two words: ‘good enough’. That’s not to diss their apps which are obviously amazing, but aside from bug fixing obvious issues, once an app is out it’s considered finished, and they move on to the next one. Rarely are new features or connectivity added.

The downside is older apps feel a bit outdated and unloved, the upside is we get lots of new shiny things to buy.

True- I have hoped for a long time that they would add marker automation to Abu Dhabi- but it will never happen ☹️

Vancouver has marker automation though

I had forgotten about that - though it’s maybe lacking a bit in the effects department in comparison. But I must admit I have almost completely neglected it since first getting it- I think maybe due to a lack of patience, talent and a few other dubious attributes 🧐.
    I think I’ll get stuck in about it and see where I can get with it. Cheers.

Cheers :D

• I found these pictures on Twitter of what seems to be Korg Gadget 2 and two of the new gadgets, Memphis and Pompei:

• @White said:
    I found these pictures on Twitter of what seems to be Korg Gadget 2 and two of the new gadgets, Memphis and Pompei:

Interesting. If you zoom in on the Pompeii picture, you can see the buttons for “Synth” and “Patchbay”. Would love to see that other panel.

• Probably the same as an ms-20. In the 3rd pic u see it blurred but it does look like the ms20 patchbay

• edited January 2019

@paradiddle said:
    Probably the same as an ms-20. In the 3rd pic u see it blurred but it does look like the ms20 patchbay

Memphis is the MS-20, it says so in the description in the last picture. And Pompei is the Polysix.

I've owned both of those for many years, but it's good that I'll finally be able to use them in Gadget.

• Not so many interface changes. I hope they are hidden :)

• @robosardine said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I think their iOS strategy could be summed up with two words: ‘good enough’. That’s not to diss their apps which are obviously amazing, but aside from bug fixing obvious issues, once an app is out it’s considered finished, and they move on to the next one. Rarely are new features or connectivity added.

The downside is older apps feel a bit outdated and unloved, the upside is we get lots of new shiny things to buy.

True- I have hoped for a long time that they would add marker automation to Abu Dhabi- but it will never happen ☹️

Just curious - what would you do with it?

• Still no time / bars&beats display on the arrange screen like on the Mac version :(

WHY? - there's plenty of room. Visually the arrange page looks more or less the same, I wonder where these enhancements can be seen:

• We’ve also brushed up the user interface based on user feedback, giving you the smoothest music production experience yet.
    • We’ve redesigned the main screen view so that you can see the status of each track at a glance, and created a new smooth tempo-change and fade-in/out function.
  • @Seangarland said:

@White said:
    I found these pictures on Twitter of what seems to be Korg Gadget 2 and two of the new gadgets, Memphis and Pompei:

Interesting. If you zoom in on the Pompeii picture, you can see the buttons for “Synth” and “Patchbay”. Would love to see that other panel.

Wow, they’ve got all the MS20 controls in that Gadget, that’s a surprise, I thought it’d be more stripped down.

• @Peter321 said:
    Still no time / bars&beats display on the arrange screen like on the Mac version :(

WHY? - there's plenty of room. Visually the arrange page looks more or less the same, I wonder where these enhancements can be seen:

• We’ve also brushed up the user interface based on user feedback, giving you the smoothest music production experience yet.
    • We’ve redesigned the main screen view so that you can see the status of each track at a glance, and created a new smooth tempo-change and fade-in/out function.

Yeah I’ve been heckling them about the navigation options for a long time too. And I’m not expecting to see any improvements to the way we access saved projects in the tiny little file menu. Hoping to be proven wrong...

• That user interface looks nothing close to being "brushed up". Mac users have to pay extra for the new Gadget 2 upgrade? WOW, that sucks.

• edited January 2019

If only they have implemented proper support for the Files app, using native dialogues for saving and loading and better organisation of files / samples, I can forgive a lot - but, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I wish KORG would provide some more info soon. Since the update should be out in less than a month, one would assume that everything is more or less feature complete??

That said, I'm happy that both iMS20 and Polysix will be added to Gadget (since I already own both). Not too exited about the bit-synth gadgets - I think we have enough of those - but they seem to be popular in Japan :wink:

• @rs2000 said:

@robosardine said:

@MonzoPro said:

I would be using it in the same way for example on the Volca Sample. Tweaking by moving the start point back and forward of your sample at the same time as twisting the other parameters (in particular pitch) can provide a radical dynamic to your chopping/ mashing fun. Automating it would mean that you could do this to several at the same time 😀

• I wonder if these new gadgets are running on the current build of the software? It looks identical from here. Hoping there's more to announce. Gadget desperately needs some basic MIDI tools/improvement (snapping note ends, fixing lengths and legato would be near the top of the list for me). I also saw some mention of new channel inserts? Or at least I thought I did. Maybe I imagined it. Definitely excited for Memphis though. Even with its current limitations Gadget is still my favourite groovebox app. It's the closest to playing with my Volcas in software; just without the mess!

• @robosardine said:

@rs2000 said:

@robosardine said:

@MonzoPro said:

I would be using it in the same way for example on the Volca Sample. Tweaking by moving the start point back and forward of your sample at the same time as twisting the other parameters (in particular pitch) can provide a radical dynamic to your chopping/ mashing fun. Automating it would mean that you could do this to several at the same time 😀

Hehe, that's why I think Bilbao is the better Abu Dhabi: You can, for each of the 16 pads, automate start point, hold+decay, pitch, level, pan, fx send switch.
    Automating pitch is not too much fun because there is no reference grid for note values, but back in the analog sequencer days, that wasn't the case either ;)

• @espiegel123 said:
    @lovadamusic: I think you probably don't realize the size of the endeavor to convert apps that were designed pre-AUv3. And you may imagine that there is a lot more money to be earned by converting them to AUv3 than there is. It is highly unlikely that there is anything nefarious going on here.

They probably have in place a good workflow and expertise that pre-dates AUv3. They probably have figured out how to get things done a particular way and aren't inclined to rock the boat.

If you've got programmers that have an efficient workflow and money is tight (remember iOS music apps don't generate tons of money), you probably are inclined to to be careful about having your engineers spend time learning a new technology and rearchitecting things that work well when they could be making new apps.

I don't know what it takes to implement AUv3, and was never under the illusion that I did. I've never suggested that there's much money to be made on iOS for anything. I'm not a developer.

Is that a known fact that iOS Korg is a team of older programmers not up on the latest iOS technology, and though Korg is still a very active iOS developer, they don't feel inclined to hire new, train or keep up? That would certainly answer my question as to why no AUv3 in anything they put out.

• edited January 2019

@Peter321 said:

That said, I'm happy that both iMS20 and Polysix will be added to Gadget (since I already own both). Not too exited about the bit-synth gadgets - I think we have enough of those - but they seem to be popular in Japan :wink:

+1. Being able to run multiple iMS20 Gadgets might tempt me back into using it again - though only in short bursts, before the iPad starts melting. iPolysix is a great synth too.

• Odd to see an MS20 associated with Memphis. I'm assuming they mean the Egyptian one. Otherwise it should be a 'rack of bbq ribs' gadget or a 'concealed handgun' gadget

• R_2R_2
    edited January 2019

Disappointed by the lack of coverage on this. Multiple vids of Volca’s, Minilogue, Kronos, Kross and even Keytars :| Not 1 Gadget vid...

• @oat_phipps said:
    Odd to see an MS20 associated with Memphis. I'm assuming they mean the Egyptian one. Otherwise it should be a 'rack of bbq ribs' gadget or a 'concealed handgun' gadget

I always associate them with Southend, which was where I bought mine nearly 40 years ago. Still got the 'Honky Tonk Music' sticker on the top. But yeah, still 'concealed handguns'...