Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Has anyone paid the $3 and tried this. It looks like a Guitar Stomp Box and is universal so I might play it with my toe for that retro vibe. Maybe I'll add a conductive block to the iPhone screen to simulate a cheap mushy button... Viola! a $3 stompbox. I could sell the mushy buttons on Etsy for $25 and throw in the Apple Gift card for the "software".

• I have the Stone Echo and Alien Box by the same dev. They’re good but I don’t need another reverb.

• @McDtracy said:
    Has anyone paid the $3 and tried this. It looks like a Guitar Stomp Box and is universal so I might play it with my toe for that retro vibe. Maybe I'll add a conductive block to the iPhone screen to simulate a cheap mushy button... Viola! a $3 stompbox. I could sell the mushy buttons on Etsy for $25 and throw in the Apple Gift card for the "software".

all of his effect apps are like this and some of them are pretty good. he does make them with guitar players in mind.

• I also dont need another reverb. I think Kleverb has me covered thru at least 2019.

• @sysexual said:
    I also dont need another reverb. I think Kleverb has me covered thru at least 2019.

Sure. I have Kleverb but try playing it with your toe!

• I'm going to look for some conductive material and test my foot for input.

• edited January 2019

@McDtracy said:
    I'm going to look for some conductive material and test my foot for input.

I took a big sheet of aluminum foil (al-you-min-eum works too) and glued it to my iPad 2 and pushed this new button. Works like a charm using my foot. I’ll look for a conductive screen cover and glue metal knobs in the right places and test this with a few apps I want to use while playing guitar like this one and the other guitar apps and maybe my favorite Loopy app. Oops Looper App. I gotta by this one just for the idea. Has this been mentioned before to make an iPhone a gently stomp box? I’ve seen mentions of bare foot uses but I can try to make the sole of a kick conductive by pushing a tac through the sound and bending it over foil.

• @McDtracy said:

@McDtracy said:
    I'm going to look for some conductive material and test my foot for input.

I took a big sheet of aluminum foil (al-you-min-eum works too) and glued it to my iPad 2 and pushed this new button. Works like a charm using my foot. I’ll look for a conductive screen cover and glue metal knobs in the right places and test this with a few apps I want to use while playing guitar like this one and the other guitar apps and maybe my favorite Loopy app. Oops Looper App. I gotta by this one just for the idea. Has this been mentioned before to make an iPhone a gently stomp box? I’ve seen mentions of bare foot uses but I can try to make the sole of a kick conductive by pushing a tac through the sound and bending it over foil.

If the Accessibility options (Switch Control) in iOS were more powerful then we could do a lot, including app control using bluetooth switches.
    As of now, the only option seems to be an awkward and slow selection of touchable items that iOS believes are the ones I want.
    Has anybody found a good trick to use Switch Control over Bluetooth?

• Works great so I bought the bundle “Warm Distortion” needs an update I think for IOS 12.
    Blocks all guitar from the output when on.

Harmonizer works but so so

Resonator seems ok

Alien Box is really good.

Magic Reverb is not in bundle but is good

In the AU view the button I care about isn’t on the screen but in the standalone it is. I need a amp sim to front and get the guitar sound to the AU and I tested in AB3. Works great if I home button and open the standalone and get at the button. So for $2 I have some stomps with stomp GUI’s. I hope Warm Distortion gets fixed or i’ll Probably refund the bundle and just get alien box. The others also have reverb as well but magic is simple and probably what i’ll Use most with acoustics. So... alein box sounds like a reverb with some Mutron added. Nice to my ears and clean.

• Warm Distortion work fine on an iPhone 5S with IOS 12 so it's the new iPad 9.7" 2018 model that is the problem. So, I'm keeping these apps. I won't put my new iPad on the floor.

So on the iPhone I start any of these apps in stand-alone and I see the toe button. Then I start AUM and add that app into AUM as an AU FX and it comes up and I can tweak the settings. The standalone is still running and I can use the home button and bring the standalone forward for Toe Access.

But on the iPhone 5S with 1GB or RAM these apps seem to eat up CPU and I can't seem to run more that 2 AU's of any type with one of these so it would primarily be standalone toe stomp box and Alien Box is the star for my tastes. The Warm Distortion is not to my taste but some might like it since people like metal amps that just sound like this to me.

OK. $10 and I have all 5. So 5 Toe Button options. Now I need to get a conductive screen cover and glue some metal button(s) on it and test that with Loopy HD for my iPad and one for my iPhone to touch the button for these FX.

• @McDtracy said:
    Warm Distortion work fine on an iPhone 5S with IOS 12 so it's the new iPad 9.7" 2018 model that is the problem. So, I'm keeping these apps. I won't put my new iPad on the floor.

So on the iPhone I start any of these apps in stand-alone and I see the toe button. Then I start AUM and add that app into AUM as an AU FX and it comes up and I can tweak the settings. The standalone is still running and I can use the home button and bring the standalone forward for Toe Access.

But on the iPhone 5S with 1GB or RAM these apps seem to eat up CPU and I can't seem to run more that 2 AU's of any type with one of these so it would primarily be standalone toe stomp box and Alien Box is the star for my tastes. The Warm Distortion is not to my taste but some might like it since people like metal amps that just sound like this to me.

OK. $10 and I have all 5. So 5 Toe Button options. Now I need to get a conductive screen cover and glue some metal button(s) on it and test that with Loopy HD for my iPad and one for my iPhone to touch the button for these FX.

Would be Interesting to see this in action. I was thinking of getting midi designer app on my phone to see if I could use it to make a foot operated sustain pedal just send midi sustain pedal messages via Bluetooth for use alongside my xkey air

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@McDtracy said:
    Now I need to get a conductive screen cover and glue some metal button(s) on it and test that

Would be Interesting to see this in action. I was thinking of getting midi designer app on my phone to see if I could use it to make a foot operated sustain pedal just send midi sustain pedal messages via Bluetooth for use alongside my xkey air

I'll re-post on this thread as I proceed with my experiments to add buttons to "play" with my foot.

The Blueboard has 2 pedal jacks. I'll put my $11 midiplus SP-2 Sustain Pedal into one of the ports and see what MIDI events are generated.

I also have an M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal I'd like to test with organ apps like Galileo.

The $20 M-Audio SP-2 | Universal Sustain Pedal is a nice pedal.
    Maybe I should be using that for Loopy Start Stop and use the other pedals for next track, previous track, etc. I like a pedal that hits bottom for a real-time feeling.

There's always things to experiment with and learn something new.