Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr still going strong

Released in 2012 and still my favorite app, never fails to inspire something. Impossible to open Samplr without it delivering. Here’s a new AppJam with Samplr, NeoSoul Keys and Bm3

Comments

• Very cool.
    So, I guess Samplr runs fine on iOS 12 then?
    Thought I read it had some kind of issue.
    Seemed to work fine in your video, though.

But more importantly, that really was very cool.
    B)

• edited January 2019

Is Samplr really working fully on iOS12? I had also read a lot here about not being able to record through the iPad mic anymore with it on iOS12. It’s the only thing that’s stopping me from updating. I really want the Autony app, but my iPad is on OS11-something and lower than 11.4, so I can’t have Autony unless I update. The only update that shows up as available now is 12.
    I want Autony but I don’t want to lose Samplr.

Great jam, btw. This really sounded wonderful to me. You were saying the other day that you had lost the inspiration to make any new music. I hope this means you’re getting it back again! Good luck! 🙏

• @CracklePot said:
    Very cool.
    So, I guess Samplr runs fine on iOS 12 then?
    Thought I read it had some kind of issue.
    Seemed to work fine in your video, though.

But more importantly, that really was very cool.
    B)

Thanks I think ios12 issue is just not being able to record direct in with Mic. I think developer although he doesn’t do much with updates is aware of this and plans to fix. Record into any AudioShare then import to samplr works fine for now

• SamplR is THE app that revealed the potential of multi-touch interface very early.
    If I had to give up all apps except a single one... my choice would be SamplR.
    Recently had a lot of fun with fake slicing by altering beat marks or their poistion.
    It's so versatile B)

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Is Samplr really working fully on iOS12? I had also read a lot here about not being able to record through the iPad mic anymore with it on iOS12. It’s the only thing that’s stopping me from updating. I really want the Autony app, but my iPad is on OS11-something and lower than 11.4, so I can’t have Autony unless I update. The only update that shows up as available now is 12.
    I want Autony but I don’t want to lose Samplr.

Great jam, btw. This really sounded wonderful to me. You were saying the other day that you had lost the inspiration to make any new music. I hope this means you’re getting it back again! Good luck! 🙏

Yeah. I think I have not really included the AppJams as proper new music but suppose they are. This one I am developing to a track, hopefully kickstart a 4trk EP

• @Telefunky said:
    SamplR is THE app that revealed the potential of multi-touch interface very early.
    If I had to give up all apps except a single one... my choice would be SamplR.
    Recently had a lot of fun with fake slicing by altering beat marks or their poistion.
    It's so versatile B)

Same here, definitely that Desert Island app

• @RedSkyLullaby
    Thank you, That’s a superb jam. My mind totally absorbing that vibe.

• Really nice feel to the whole production and well executed on video. Thanks for inspiration.

• edited January 2019

Great virtual combo of those 3 apps melted into a nice mix... and a cool trick to move the reverb control in sync with the melody motion :+1:

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Released in 2012 and still my favorite app, never fails to inspire something. Impossible to open Samplr without it delivering. Here’s a new AppJam with Samplr, NeoSoul Keys and Bm3

Just lovely. And nicely done also. Talented bugger! Would like some words on it please (I know, nothing new there...:) )... What's your take/feeling as regards the CME X-Key? Never played one, but it looks so good...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

Just lovely. And nicely done also. Talented bugger! Would like some words on it please (I know, nothing new there...:) )... What's your take/feeling as regards the CME X-Key? Never played one, but it looks so good...

ha, maybe I’ll drop some pasty white middle aged rhymes on this

XKey I deliberated alot before getting as not cheap but no regrets at all. Latency is not noticeable. I wanted something that could work in my mostly bedtop studio or mobile out and about. All the keys are velocity sensitive and aftertouch. The PB and Mod buttons work on variable pressure/aftertouch sort of thing. Different form wheels but did not take long to adjust to it. Doesnt have feel of a traditional keyboard. It’s kind of like if Apple took their qwerty bluetooth keyboard and morphed it to pressure sensitive flat pinao keys. Physical sound keys make is similar.
    There is a sustain key but no easy way to add sustain pedal as bluetooth sustain pedals are not a thing apparently (Though I think I may try a hack with Midi Designer on iPhone and a bare foot)

• @RedSkyLullaby Thanks for posting this. I better spend some quality time with Samplr again :smiley:

• Great jam!!! Ya sample is amazing, I hope it works forever!!

• I like this

• edited January 2019

Top ranking RSL, I hope Marcos sees this, Samplr update suppression is a crime against humanity.

• I like how the bass initially gives off a certain vibe, but how the same bass line emits a different vibe after the different elements come in.

• @reasOne said:
    Great jam!!! Ya sample is amazing, I hope it works forever!!

It will, even after the microorganisms have digested all of humanity....or as long as the last iPad’s battery. Whichever comes first.