Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Artutia iSpark no updates since 2years ago

Was going into my old apps folder and forgot about this - was the first app I purchased on iOS.

Comments

• edited January 2019

@stormbeats said:
    Was going into my old apps folder and forgot about this - was the first app I purchased on iOS.

Yep, bought the hardware (SparkLE) because of this app.. Don’t need much of an update.. A Studio (Sampler) update, time stretch, etc. could make it a killer app in 2019..

Edit.. Conditional Triggers would be nice too..😎

• edited January 2019

@RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

Yep, bought the hardware (SparkLE) because of this app.. Don’t need much of an update.. A Studio (Sampler) update, time stretch, etc. could make it a killer app in 2019..

@RajahP true also I find the swing quantize was needing a bit more swing .
    EDIT : Actually the swing is good Must have been thinking a different app
    The interface is one of the best for iOS Drum Machines

• @RajahP also needs slice to pads

• @RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

Edit.. Conditional Triggers would be nice too..😎

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

• What a disappointment iSpark was. It does SO MUCH right, but it crashed too often and the sync was miserable.

Too bad - it would have been an exceptional app with a bit of TLC.

• Just launched the Mintaka project.. What an awesome app.. It does need some work on the midi input side..

Never really had crash issues or sync issues.. but I only used Ableton link..

Let’s see what 2019 brings..

• Its actually really good - i cant remember if it has inbuilt or sampler via external soundcard and if IAA

• @RajahP can notes be nugded left/right?

• EDIT : yep it actually needs more swing / shuffle Esoecially for hip hop tempos 88-97ish bpm Really good app though Arturia needs to update this Will email them

• @stormbeats said:
    @RajahP can notes be nugded left/right?

Yes, the Seq section has a host of parameters.. ‘Shift’ will nudge left/right..

• @RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:
    @RajahP can notes be nugded left/right?

Yes, the Seq section has a host of parameters.. ‘Shift’ will nudge left/right..

Ok cool just loaded into bm3 as IAA and midi working too Excellent

• It is cool, but on the desktop this ‘used’ to be part of the Arturia collection, not a good sign, unless it’s going to get a major overhaul.

• edited January 2019

@Daveypoo said:
    What a disappointment iSpark was. It does SO MUCH right, but it crashed too often and the sync was miserable.

@Daveypoo i just loaded it in bm3 and sync was tight Was just a quick test though
    Maybe the iOS updates have fixed previous issues

• @stormbeats said:

@Daveypoo said:
    What a disappointment iSpark was. It does SO MUCH right, but it crashed too often and the sync was miserable.

@Daveypoo i just loaded it in bm3 and sync was tight Was just a quick test though

Fingers crossed - it had trouble starting patterns on the correct bar.

If it's still on my iPad I'll fire it up again later.

• Never used it much. Not keen on these skeumorphic designs and the boxed in workflow that arises from them. Can’t get with gr16 either despite the love for it on here. Just got spacecraft. Now there’s a design which makes the most of a touchscreen

• edited January 2019

@Daveypoo said:

@stormbeats said:

@Daveypoo said:

Fingers crossed - it had trouble starting patterns on the correct bar.

If it's still on my iPad I'll fire it up again later.

@DaveMagoo Cool yeh ive not checked if will sync in perfect time location in song mode to external DAW timeline i.e Bm3/Cubasis/Auria If possible let me know if it works properley - you may have had different tempos between daw host and iSpark?

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    Never used it much. Not keen on these skeumorphic designs and the boxed in workflow that arises from them. Can’t get with gr16 either despite the love for it on here. Just got spacecraft. Now there’s a design which makes the most of a touchscreen

@SheffieldBleep iam happy for you :-)

• I used to have the hope that they would open up the synthesis of their classic drum machines, as they did on the desktop version. I always liked this app, especially with the shift/nudge feature. I stopped using it because the stems were a pain to export. Did anybody find a better way to do that than soloing and exporting on at a time?

• @ksound said:
    I used to have the hope that they would open up the synthesis of their classic drum machines, as they did on the desktop version. I always liked this app, especially with the shift/nudge feature. I stopped using it because the stems were a pain to export. Did anybody find a better way to do that than soloing and exporting on at a time?

Good question. Anyone?

• @>; @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ksound said:
    I used to have the hope that they would open up the synthesis of their classic drum machines, as they did on the desktop version. I always liked this app, especially with the shift/nudge feature. I stopped using it because the stems were a pain to export. Did anybody find a better way to do that than soloing and exporting on at a time?

Good question. Anyone?

@ksound how o you do shift/nudge notes?

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    Never used it much. Not keen on these skeumorphic designs and the boxed in workflow that arises from them. Can’t get with gr16 either despite the love for it on here. Just got spacecraft. Now there’s a design which makes the most of a touchscreen

@SheffieldBleep its a Boxed in workflow because guess what its a GrooveBOX - int it

• Clues in the title I suppose! Funnily enough I do get on with the circuit and volcas> @stormbeats said:

@SheffieldBleep said:

@SheffieldBleep its a Boxed in workflow because guess what its a GrooveBOX - int it

• Forgot how good this app is - quick workflow The pad layering is a good option - Bit crush /Destroyer effects sound very good /Eq per pad/2 effects per pad/2effects sends -Anyone explain how to nudge/shift notes also import own samples and max sample time?
    Thanks in advance

• @RajahP @ksound @Daveypoo Seems iSpark has a decay fade for long samples that I cant sort out with decay dial The samples around 6seconds but fades out before it ends
    So the whole duration of sample will not play I tried decay dial left then right but still getting a sample fade out
    Any tips?

• edited January 2019

I think my re visit to iSpark has been a short one - re loading projects and sample edits have not been remembered..damn shame Has a lot of potential - are there any Arturia Devs on here that anyone knows of?

• From what I've gathered over the years from folks here, Arturia isn't really into keeping up development on their apps. They seem to drop them and them drop them, as it were.

• great drum machine with terrible stability issues. i almost bought the hardware that goes with it but due to the amount of crashing i passed and then found seekbeats (which also needs some updating) and havent looked back.

• @Daveypoo said:
    From what I've gathered over the years from folks here, Arturia isn't really into keeping up development on their apps. They seem to drop them and them drop them, as it were.

Its a shame cos it could be of good use

• @sysexual said:
    great drum machine with terrible stability issues. i almost bought the hardware that goes with it but due to the amount of crashing i passed and then found seekbeats (which also needs some updating) and havent looked back.

I agree I got really hyped re visiting iSpark today I looked online at the controller - its a no no. Gonna check out Seekbeats ..

• This is one reason I'd shy away from their otherwise interesting looking hardware. Different teams, I'm sure, but still the same company, so it's only natural to wonder.