Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can't set up Audio Damage Axon to send MIDI on IOS. How (and why) please?

I've tried routing Axon to send MIDI out in apeMatrix, Audiobus 3 and AUM but wasn't able to in any of them. I'm pretty new to all this IOS stuff so would love suggestions on how best to set it up to use as a MIDI generator.

Comments

• i don’t think midi out is working > @gkillmaster said:

I've tried routing Axon to send MIDI out in apeMatrix, Audiobus 3 and AUM but wasn't able to in any of them. I'm pretty new to all this IOS stuff so would love suggestions on how best to set it up to use as a MIDI generator.

• @eross said:
    i don’t think midi out is working > @gkillmaster said:

Thanks... good to know at least. Been using the Desktop version and it works fine in there..

• Midi out only worked in the standalone version. But I just tried it and it won’t load for me in apeMatrix or AUM, crashes instantly so looks broken, AU version working though.

• Yea, @Chris_Randall acknowledged a while ago it’s broken... in stand-alone you can make midi out tracks, but you can’t midi learn controls. In AU you can map the AU params, but can’t map the outputs...

Sucks because it would be a perfect tool for parameterized rhythm creation and tweaking.

Said he was going to fix it months ago... Hell, I’d rebuy the damn thing as an AU or version 2 or whatever if it worked...

Just sell a only version. The fm engine and ui on that thing is pretty hard to deal with anyway.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    The fm engine and ui on that thing is pretty hard to deal with anyway.

Agree. The mixer is ok, the X-Y pads are ok but the rest is impossible to deal with. Unless you have an Apple Pencil or a pointing device?

I'm also having a hard time joining nodes in network mode. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

• edited January 2019

Post on twitter a few hours ago from audio Damage says there is an update coming that fixes this.